What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3221

user3221 Active Member

smoking a bowl of black shag
    while trying to source some olive wood lumber online

dBear, Rockbass, surlysoul and 15 others like this.
  2. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Me too!

3. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Ooh!

4. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Smoking some kind of McClelland black cavendish, in a bent MM hardwood with straight stem, that's been sitting in a jar for a year in efforts to clear shallow jars in order to jar up many tins I've had opened for a year. Oddly enough I thought this black cav would have gotten gross sitting for a year, but it's much better than when I bought it. Won't be buying more though. Just finished the bowl enough, and boy does cavendish gunk up the bowl.

Last night I placed an order for a couple ounces of Brown Flake Unscented (first), 4 ounces of Bob's Chocolate Flake (another first), 2x 100g tins of OGS, and my first 100g tin of Old Dark Fired. Pretty excited.

dBear, Rockbass, nicktrap and 18 others like this.
  5. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Smoking Old Dark Fired in a Peterson 305, again. ODF is to me the Mac Baren version of Condor Original (Long Cut) minus the Lakeland essence of course; but that deep, rich, smoky flavor is very reminiscent of Condor to me. And I do get some floral nuance in ODF as well. Its very subtle, but present. When I first transferred six, 100 gram tins to a large mason jar, I sampled a few flakes initially. I loved the flavor and richness of ODF but found it to be a bit of a biter fresh out of tin. It has over 7 months on it now and has developed into a very well rounded and behaved tobacco. I get absolutely no bite whatsoever now. I realllllyyyy like this tobacco now. I initially thought it may only be one to visit occasionally due to the strength, but now I could easily see it being an everyday or mainstay smoke for me. And here we go again blowing my thoughts on Burley right out the window. I didn't think I was one to care for Burley dominant blends. But I now see when its done right, its nothing short of amazing.

6. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Smoking a bowl of Blackpool in an old Digby estate pipe listening to The Beatles " Let It Be " album. Refilled my brandy glass and feeling fine !

dBear, Rockbass, nicktrap and 16 others like this.
  7. muddler

muddler Active Member

Up at sparrow's this morning. Just a hint of light in the East. Mrs Muddler has family visiting. But I'm going to try to sneak off & shoot some clays this morning. If the weather holds - forecast is for thunderstorms later. It's hot & muggy right now -some cooling rain would be welcome. I'm puffing on some FVF in a GBD & sipping a mug of strong English Breakfast tea.

[​IMG]

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I figured Christmastime deserved a special treat. So I cracked open a tin of Kickin' Chicken. Good call, but as I prefer the stuff drier than the Sahara in summer even letting it air out a while didn't get it the way I prefer it. Still, a great smoke!

Kickin' Chicken in the Falcon. The first smoke from this pipe was almost certainly KC this August in Edinburgh. There is a slim chance it may have been Condor Ready Rubbed or C&D Odessa, though.

9. Everman75

Everman75 Member

After a couple egg nogs, & watching National Lampoons Christmas Vacation with my son (his first time seeing it) it's time for some Nightcap in the 1978 Dunhill Tanshell.

10. Everman75

Everman75 Member

What year McC Xmas Cheer?

11. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Next was some McC 5100 Red Cake in my Rinaldo Lithos Zulu and then some Drew Estates Heirloom Cherry on my huge, rustic Boswell Canadian. Inside for dinner as some chores, now back out for more smokes…

dBear, Rockbass, nicktrap and 14 others like this.
  12. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I'm smoking more 2010 Christmas Cheer. Out of empty jars and still have two tins I want to jar.

13. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Thankfully we didn't have any damage from the storm but several friends just a mile or two away did. I'm smoking some FMOTT in a Castello sitting on the porch watching this crazy sky.

dBear, Rockbass, nicktrap and 15 others like this.
  14. rigormootis

rigormootis Member

E.A. Carey Red Coral (disabled vents) w/ Penzance
    [​IMG]

15. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Almost to the bottom of the FM tin I cracked just before the World Series in a Pete 307. It was gifted to me by PipesandCigars on an earlier purchase. Just not enough of a Lat hound to purchase more of this one. FMC and FMOTT are well represented in the cellar but FM is just a little too Lat heavy on the front end for me.

Winds up to 35 mph and tornado watches in the Louisville area days before Christmas. Starting to feel like we've really screwed the pooch. Feel sorry for the younger generations this evening.

dBear, Rockbass, nicktrap and 15 others like this.
  16. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Not messin' with a good thang. Reloaded the Digby with more Blackpool and now taking a walk down "Abbey Road" with The Beatles. Slowly sipping on some brandy. Getting a bit cooler and donning the smokin' hoody. Getting in the zone!!

dBear, Rockbass, nicktrap and 13 others like this.
  17. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Been hanging with the inlaws which isnt a good smoking hang , However .... I got me a tin of Reiner Long Golden Flake .... and it smells very very sexy . I see the Savinelli pipe ... I see the tin .... I see the kids are fixin to go to bed ...... I see the porch ... almost there

mitchell, dBear, Rockbass and 19 others like this.
  18. rigormootis

rigormootis Member

^ a man with a plan.

mitchell, dBear, Eric Pierson and 6 others like this.
  19. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Peretti's Tashkent in the Dr. G. Cardinal billiard.

dBear, Rockbass, nicktrap and 14 others like this.
  20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Taking a very short work break to eat some apple/raisin pie. I'm almost finished smoking Rekamepip's Pressed October Blend in a 2013 slight bend grain etched briar Rekamepip Volcano with a walnut shank. And thinking about what to smoke next.

mitchell, dBear, Rockbass and 16 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.