1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor. Drinking Buffalo Trace and playing monopoly with the wife and two friends.

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Went to the inlaws rental cabin for dinner ... it was very good ! Had a lovely bowl of Altadis Chocolate Truffle in a Savinelli Tevere on the deck . Headed to the porch to have a small bowl of Ogdens Walnut in an old Kaywoodie slim octagon dublin [ #28 ] .... one of my great pipes !

http://pipepages.com/kwg-36app1.htm

3. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

That thing sure did clean up nice. I love it. And you got a hell of a deal too. My '62 Shell is such a masterpiece of a pipe, the only thing wrong with it is that it doesn't have the fishtail (F/T) stem. My next Dunhill will be a pre-1969 Shell with a F/T stem, if I can find a good one.

Speaking of which, I'm smoking some Astley's 44 in a '62 Dunhill Shell group 4 billiard, and I'm drinking some of this on ice:

[​IMG]

4. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

I'm not sure exactly why but all I can picture when I read the words 'Vermont meat candy' is a candied placenta.

Enjoy!

5. moosecop

moosecop Member

Apparently you did not know "Thuc Lao" means "green leafy material" in Vietnamese. In other words you probably are high as a kite right now. I guess if that is the route you are taking I have some glass pipes at the cop shop Ill clean out and send you..I cant send them with the resin in them now..By the way the munchkin you sent me is worthless, I tryed to get him to shovel today and between his cigarette breaks and constant texting on his phone it took him 3 hours to shovel a path to the road.. then to top it off my neighbor called and said there was a child exposing himself in her window. I didnt tell her he was not a child and that he was 40 years old. I guess ill pack him in a priority large flat rate box and send him back to you tomorrow..

oh by the way a edward straight poker estate pipe with Maple Street..

6. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Smoking Anniversary Kake in my Leonessa Briosa apple.

7. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

I'm on the way.

8. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

ODF in a bent, meerschaum, billiard. And my mind is really trying to wrap around this one, as for whatever reason, it has a much sweeter taste today, and I'm not getting as much earthy, smokiness.

9. dBear

dBear Active Member

Happy Birthday, Old Ted! Uh, I mean JWG. Sorry, got confused there for a second.

Touching off the second to last bowl of Pirate Kake in the Squatch Stout Volcano. Water cooled by codgerly li'l icebergs is my drink.

10. aggman

aggman Active Member

Cade's Cove Cavendish in the RC Sands
    [​IMG]

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Decided on something I haven't smoked lately, so the trusty Saint Barnard went to the warehouse and returned with 1980s Union Leader in a 1979 medium bend etch relief meerschaum lined TinderBox Arabesque. Funny thing about this pipe. I paid $9.95 for it back then, and the fellow at the Tinderbox said I was wasting my time with cheap pipes like this one, and should concentrate on buying better pipes. He was right, of course, but it's gotten its share of use over the years just the same.

12. muddler

muddler Active Member

A glorious clear & calm morning here on the SA highveld. Woke up feeling a bit thick-headed. But nothing copious amounts of coffee can't resolve. No idea what the day holds yet but no doubt I will be roped into all manner of Christmas prep. Could be worse I guess.

Right now it's coffee with FVF in a Pietenpauw Rhodesian.

[​IMG]

13. moosecop

moosecop Member

grrr. why does everyone post such nice pics here..always so pristeen and clean.. I got an overbite and and eyetooth and lets just say if we all threw our pipes in a pile I could easily find mine by the marks on the stems. Ive tryed the pipe rubbers and they just dont feel comfy to me.. I guess its an excuse to buy new pipes and replacement stems but I sure like the purty pictures..

14. moosecop

moosecop Member

Id like to see this warehouse sometime. I hear its like the scene in the Indiana Jones movie at the end when I think they warehouse the ark of the covenent.. Does the St Bernard have forklift training.?

15. ken davis

ken davis Member

Petersons University Flake ina DrG Savoy

16. JimInks

You have to have a high priority security clearance from various Intel agencies, including, but not limited to, Mr. Wooly, the Bilderbergers, Illuminati, FBI, MI-6, Arctic Ice Workers of the North Pole #14, Fred's Friendly Hamburger Stand on the corner of 5th and Nausea, James Bond, and Henry Kissinger. I would have added DBear's ancestors, but he's too old to have had any!!!

The Saint Bernard not only has a forklift license, but he teaches classes in it inbetween his elocution lessons in ancient Sanskrit.

17. JimInks

Working, listening to David McCullough's The Great Bridge, and about to smoke Anniversary Kake in a smooth 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49. Just brewed some coffee, so I'm set for a while.

18. dBear

dBear Active Member

Just finished up that Pirate Kake. I think I'm going to go ahead and put the final bowl of it through the new Merry Christmas Rekamepip Pear Wood pipe with the bark still on it. Haven't put any latakia through that pipe yet, and it's about time, I think. But first, a hamburger and tater tots!

19. browny

browny Member

Celtic Talisman (thanks cigarsarge) in the Barling with a hot cuppa (sorry OT it's Tetley extra strong - teabag. Too long a day at work to pull out the pot), I need to work on slowing my cadence and the Barling has a healthy bend that should see me right.

I have Celtic Talisman local but it tastes a little different, this must have a little age on it mmmmm

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  20. JimInks

Listing this one a little early so I can concentrate on work and my audio book: R-Blend in a 1983 three quarter bend medium brown Ascorti KS Business Dublin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.