What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Padre, I'll bet that WickerMan can make that happen real neat like! :csmile:

2. Everman75

Everman75 Member

Happy Birthday JWG!

Smoking some Larry's Blend in a MM General.

3. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye FBJ, Welcome back! Careful on yer slip and slide... Ye don't want to slip outside the lines and mess up yer land yacht! [​IMG]

4. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Morley's Best in a GBD Prehistoric pot

5. dBear

dBear Active Member

Smoking the next to last bowl of HU Flanagan (thanks, Simmo!) in the Squatch scoop. Getting down towards the bottom of the coffee, gonna have to start cooking soon.

6. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Pelican (From PSF Santa), BST, and my new Snake tamper.
    [​IMG]

7. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Having a bowl of Reiner LGF (thx stick- this stuff rocks) in my altinok talon churchwarden. Nice light snow falling right now. Looking like a guaranteed white Christmas as temps are to remain below freezing and a chance of snow all the way through Christmas.

Christmas party went well. It always goes well when you get booze in the gift exchange. Another gift exchange at my parents tomorrow where I am bringing a fifth of jack Daniels I'm hoping to bring home. That would be super. But I'll likely end up with a crockpot. Why does someone always bring a crockpot? Doesn't everyone already have one?

8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Stuffed after eating brats and chili, and now smoking Kentucky Planter in a 2003 smooth Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baskerville. I think I've been planted in this chair for a while after having such a good dinner. Ice tea properly chilled with holiday icebergs is my drink.

9. rigormootis

rigormootis Member

Escudo in my Rusticated B5.

10. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

LL7 in me Meerschaum Rebel!

[​IMG]

11. sonarman

sonarman Member

GLP Robusto thanks again to MarkinCa. At the inlaws house for Christmas and it's a mess. Everyone is fighting, the Mother in law who has been divorced from my wife's dad is leaving her 2nd husband and just dropped the news to my wife that she is leaving town the day after Christmas and to not tell the kids. I have not had a drink in 7 years and I'm not directly involved except my kid will be effected by not seeing her grandmother for a long time and won't see her step grandfather again, but man could I go for one! Not going to do it, just feels good to get it off my chest! Carry on, and thanks Mark!

12. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Brown Flake unscented in this Peterson P Lip and thinking about having a splash of something on the side. 291.jpg

13. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

That's some pretty crappy timing on her part. Do you have someone to call in times like this? Sounds like now might be the moment.

14. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Germain's special latakia flake in a la fuma billiard (ser Jacopo second).

15. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

7 years is a hell of an achievement brother. Just remember, it only takes one drink to reset that clock.

Sorry to hear about the rest of the mess. Seems some people only think of themselves, holidays be damned.

16. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

A little experiment tonight has turned out beautifully! I normally don't mix blends together, but after having a pipe of the bulk Dark Twist Roll Cake and really enjoying it and while sitting there looking at my jar of Dark Flake I decided to mix the two. I'm smoking equal parts of both in my Sav Milano 803KS and I really think it's a fantastic smoke. Has anyone tried this before? I might tip the scales towards the Dark Flake next time to get a stronger flavor.

Actually, come to think of it...this is a lot like Old Dark Fired. Maybe because the Dark Twist tones down the strength of the Dark Flake some and adds sweetness.

17. sonarman

sonarman Member

Thanks Bear, I have my rock (wife) with me!

And yes, not very good timing.

18. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Dark Flake and Pirate Kake 50/50.

I also do DFU and Irish flake 50/50. The wife calls that "Tire Fire". She did say that it still smells better than "that hippie campfire crap that Berg sends you" though.

19. rigormootis

rigormootis Member

You've got the right idea Mark! Vent away -- we'll hear ya! Take a walk, volunteer to run an errand, play with the young kids outside...? Just get some space.
    I'm not sure how old your kid is, but focus on her understanding of this (not your anger or disappointment about it).

20. mitchell

mitchell Active Member

Having some more Vermont Meat Candy. This stuff is taking ahold of me!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.