1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Funny you should mention your old man; I'm at my parents' house for the week of Christmas. I don't drink Blanton's by myself. :D But yeah it's the best, probably my favorite bourbon out there. It can hang right in there with Pappy Van Winkle and the like. And such a classy bottle design too!

Hello. Smoking something like my sixth bowl of Special Latakia Flake today, this time in a Wally Frank Canadian. This must be what it's like to be Wicker Man, minus the Yorkshire accent and the voodoo dolls, lol.

Cooled down to 30F here, with a very slight breeze; supposed to only get up to 40F here tomorrow, with 15 mph winds, so it will be almost like it's winter time. :D We had a white Christmas last time around. That won't happen this time, but I'll enjoy it just the same. And then I'm off to New York City. Time for a little fun.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  2. Miller319

Miller319 Member

Love that movie. Usually watch it on Christmas Eve every year

3. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

MM 965 in a Peterson System 312

4. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Kendal Dark in the unique briars poker before bed.

5. aggman

aggman Active Member

Maybe the absence isn't such a bad thing if it stresses you out this bad. Vent away - you won't bother us.

6. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

The marinara sauce is made and will be ready for the calamari and shrimp. The bacala is still soaking but will be ready, it's been soaking for 3 days already. The New Zealand cockles are waiting to give their love to the linguini alle vongole. The main star of the show is Dover Sole. I'll be making it 2 ways, breaded and fried, also, I'm going to broil some with lemon and capers with garlic and parsley. I already made a seafood salad with scungilli, calimari, shrimp and scallops with gaeta olives, celery, onions, parsley, white wine vinegar, garlic, lemons and olive oil.
    Family will be arriving early afternoon and it'll be a great day! Lots of love!
    I'm relaxing now with a great smoke. SG FVF from 1999 in the Dunhill Group 6 Ring Grain Billiard. There's a lot of love in this pipe right now!

7. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Just finished SWR in an MM Eaton cob :puffy:
    My last smoke of the night, good night guys.

Lucky Duck, Rockbass, Stormy and 19 others like this.
  8. moosecop

moosecop Member

Drew Estate Central Park Stroll in an Irish Army P Lip bent peterson.. I got to research the name on this pipe.. Surprised Eric P has not commented on the posting I left in Pictures of you smoking a pipe. Im sure Ill get a black eye now.

9. moosecop

moosecop Member

send a link. I was just there and could not find it

10. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Aromatic Dutch Slices in a smooth Kaywoodie supergrain straight bulldog

11. rigormootis

rigormootis Member

Some of my remaining H&H 10-to-Midnight (seems fitting...it's 22:45 here) in my Robinson & Co (Peterson?) Rhodi/Bulldog.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Just finishing Full Virginia Flake in a slight bend 1968 group 4S Dunhill Shell 475 cherrywood. Going to quit work early and read more of my book on Orson Welles. Going to feed Suzy and Molly, and get a new smoke.

13. JimInks

Just lighting up a bowl of Royal Yacht in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051. Probably should have picked a bigger pipe, but I'll do that on my next smoke.

14. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Dunhill royal yacht in a Viprati. Boy, when sipped, this blend can be so sweet. Not shy on nicotine, either...

15. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Great minds think alike...

16. Albert

Albert Active Member

Old Gowrie in a Nording freehand while hammering away in Santa's workshop!

17. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Morning folks. Squeezing in some Presbyterian Mixture in the straight Falcon, hopefully not my last smoke before heading off to my parents for a pipeless Christmas :-(

18. JimInks

It's not the first time we done that, my friend. Merry Christmas to you!

I was right that I picked too small a pipe for my last smoke. I'm making up for that this time with Tilbury in a 1980 black sandblasted full bent Ascorti Business Extension Saxaphone. Now, back to Orson Welles!

19. aggman

aggman Active Member

No work tomorrow, so I'm still drinking coffee and just loaded the Hilson with some C&D Autumn Evening.

[​IMG]

20. muddler

muddler Active Member

A hazy Christmas Eve morning here. Going to get hot today. I'm nursing a bowl of Chelsea Morning in an Ashton billiard a good friend gifted me. Great with morning coffee (my second cup). So the Christmas cooking starts today - I have a large gammon to cook for 5 hours. And the bird is defrosting. It's all systems go here at Casa Muddler. We have a family gathering to open gifts this evening - a big & festive affair. Great fun.

Yesterday evening I took a dive into my tobacco cellar to get a couple of jars of bulk Va (McC 5100 & Old Gowrie) & realised with a shock that the bulk Va's have been heavily depleted this year. So I have my first New Year resolution - to add another 20lbs (or so) of bulk Va into the cellar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.