What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I knew you would be back for Christmas! I was so saddened about your goodbye, I don't even knew what to say - please try to check in 3 or 4 times a month, your posts are very very helpful and you would be greatly missed. Just try to show up as often as possible. Merry Christmas, Mark!

Hi all and Merry Christmas once again. Sneaking in some Motzek Advent before heading off to church.
    afterfocus_1387308501031.jpg

2. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

And a Merry Christmas to you MentorBV! And you keep Stranging on! Er.....hanging on!
    We'll be thinking of you.

3. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

4. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Encouraged by @sillyoldbear, I'm smoking some of last Ten Russians at el casa de SouthBound. In a Blakemar XL pot.

28°F with hardly a whisper of a breeze.

Morning, fellows.

5. dBear

dBear Active Member

Merry Christmas to MentorBV! (And everyone else, of course, too.)

Haven't made it to bed yet, so I'm smoking Peretti London Flake in the Falcon whilst I prepare to fry some chicken.

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thought I'd have a bowl of burley, so I'm smoking Burley London Blend in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot. And reading. And thinking of sleep.

7. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Good morning all. I'm smoking the new Peterson 606 with GH Brown Flake Scented today. Coffee is a'brewing. I'm off today so a splash of whiskey might find its way into my coffee mug.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  8. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Merry Christmas Eve! MC5100 Red Cake, courtesy of Marker, in the egg while driving through the snow to the office.

9. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

4/23

The brother-in-law came for a visit and then wanted a ride home so, a bit spiteful about being forced onto the roads on Christmas Eve, I loaded my MM Mizzou with Pirate Kake for the drive. Revenge never tasted so good.

Oh and it's 0030 here, Merry Christmas!

10. psquared

Those should only be smoked by responsible adults. That's what my wife tells me.

11. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

12. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Good morning and Merry Christmas. Starting the day with Red Cake in a MM legend. Off to daughter no. 2's tonight for dinner then more family and daughter no. 1's by Friday so I won't be around much. Joining the group has been a delight, thanks for making me welcome! Talk atcha down the road!

13. psquared

What wine are you pairing with that? :drly:

mitchell, WalkinStick, dBear and 5 others like this.
  14. Everman75

Everman75 Member

Good morning PSF. Smoking some Haddo's Delight in a Velani Contrast while having a cup of coffee.

BTW, I was wondering, what is the meaning of "Melorning"? I see it on here a lot.

15. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Merry Christmas eve! Today is Slovak Christmas, so we're celebrating today. My poor wife has to work though, but only till noon. Meanwhile I'll be assembling and wrapping presents.

Tilbury in the sav Virginia to start me off.

16. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Con. Choice is one of my favorite Peterson blends. It is part of my normal spring/summer rotation.

17. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I've written to replies so far and decided to scrap them due to how offensive they may be to some. Lol. See, even I can edit myself sometime. Lets just say i do nearly every morning. :)

18. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Monday night was devoted to baking here at our house. Normally, I steer clear of my wife during that event. But last night I actually helped. So little time for smoking. But did manage to get n London Mixture, followed by FVF in the Peterson Sherlock Holmes. She did a great job making 3 cakes. Wet to bed t 49e's half time, but then got up at 1:30 to do Christmas Eve readings (Compline and Matins) and made sure I got in a bowl of NC.

19. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

I am using my Holiday break from work to try to reduce the number of open tins. I am up to 12 and that needs to be smoked so I can order my Winter blends. I usually steer towards non-aros during the winter, but I do want to add Maple Street for the winter.

20. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Morning PSF.
    Carter Hall \ Hotrod cob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.