What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I still think that's a jelly doughnut.

psquared, SteveH, dBear and 10 others like this.
  2. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I know, but nothing happens for 2 days save a few seconds now it will gain from this point. ;)

3. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Thanks, I didn't want to be the one to point that out, but he did make me double check the date on my phone. Lol

psquared, mitchell, dBear and 10 others like this.
  4. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Exhausted rooster in my Ruff-dog.

5. Eric Pierson

So I made some meatballs out of a cookbook for the no iodine diet my wife is on for the next two weeks and am curious as to how it will turn out. And that is the dish to bring tonight to mom and dads. A few years back, mom switched to an all appetizer meal. Basically we all just bring an appetizer. I'm also going to throw together a quick guacamole dip to bring as well. So sneaking a quick bowl of nightcap in my Brigham mountaineer 316 while the meatballs are simmering.

6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Christmas Eve Day Nap has been fufilled
    Coffee is brewing

to Cold to go out and tinker in the shop
    so i will sit here and smoke a bowl of tobacco and enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts

7. tradewater

tradewater Member

My first ever bowl of Dark Twist in the Custombuilt. An exquisite smoke.

8. highstump

highstump Active Member

That's a bazinga.

psquared, mitchell, dBear and 6 others like this.
  9. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Now enjoying my favorite mild aromatic: IRC Old Colonial in an MM Ozark bent hardwood :puffy:
    Oh and I saw a few snow flurries! It's now officially Christmas Eve :)

10. critter

critter Member

ok i tried the kendal dark. the taste that i get when i get in an elevator filled with old ladies. waiting on an order from 4 noggins that will include dark flake, brown flake and bosun cut. i may have a bunch i will be putting up for trade. waiting for st james flake to dry down a little

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Everybody was nice and quiet, and let me sleep in. Soon as I was awake, Suzy and Molly started jumping around me, wanting attention, which I was happy to give. I just finished smoking MacBaren Halberg Yellow in a straight 2012 MM Mizzou cob. And going to get a drink and a new smoke.

12. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Was this a bent pipe you added a straight stem to? I thought the Mizzou was the bent ("baby churchwarden") version of the Eaton or Pony Express...not 100% though.
    Anyway it's a great little pipe I've been reaching for often.

psquared, dBear, sillyoldbear and 7 others like this.
  13. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Very busy day thus far. Woke up to a white Christmas here in my part of Texas. Heavy frost covered everything. It's not snow but it's as close as we get. SmokingPipes sent me two Christmas cards this year. I spent a lot of money beefing up my cellar this year and it's a nice gesture on their part. Speaking of Christmas, enjoying a bowl of Christmas Cheer 2012 (thanks secret Santa),in a Savinelli Dry System 2320. Busy evening comming up with Mass and family gatherings. I'll be lucky to get another bowl in before tomorrow. Merry Christmas and God Bless you all!!

14. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Dobie's Four Square Mild
    in a Bantam with rustic
    pot bowl. Still not warm
    enough to doff the hoodie.

15. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Tis the season to be jolly, and doing it with a big Apple bowl of AJ's. Got some PG tips tea to sip.
    Ho, Ho, Ho!

16. JimInks

Now smoking Germain's Brown Flake in a brown rusticated slight bend 1982 Savinelli Non Pareil 99 Acorn with a lucite ferrule and stem. Listening to the radio version of Holiday Inn.

17. JimInks

No, I didn't change the stem. M'lady got it for me when she was at Low Country Pipe and Cigar. It's a small bowl, but I like short smokes sometimes.

18. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Opened a tin of Bosphorus Cruise and now smoking my first bowl in a GBD New Standard billiard. This is very nice cool and creamy, glad I bough it. Thanks Jim for your reviews, a great source for those of us feeling our way through the confusing world of tobacco blends. I also opened a tin of C&D 5 O'clock Shadow, this is my first cake tobacco and I would appreciate any help on preparing it so as not to mess up the experience.

19. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I see Crisp Cringle! :xd:

zappano, mitchell, dBear and 10 others like this.
  20. Eric Pierson

I'm smoking a bowl of five bros in my tsuge munchkin gavel and wondering how long it will last. I think I'm going to smoke this tonight as it will be perfect for cigarette breaks with my sisters-in-law and my brother rick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.