What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:th1::th1::th1:

2. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Happy Birthday J of N
    :bday:

3. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

BLB in the Ruff-dog.

4. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Penzance '09 in the Calabresi while my wife makes pirohy (pierogies) and daughter watches her show with her new Woody doll on her lap.

Lucky Duck, psquared, jpberg and 23 others like this.
  5. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Why would you give a pair of legs sticking out of a bunch of wires to your little girl?

:p:

6. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

7. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

3 star China black fire cured in an old gbd Lovat.

8. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Lancers Slices in a now very well travelled black Rock Cob. One might think that a Rock Cob is not the best pipe to take travelling but it's easy to keep clean, and every customs man on the planet seems to have an opinion that he's anxious to share with said Rock Cob's transporter.

Lucky Duck, psquared, jpberg and 22 others like this.
  9. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Managed to cross thread the brass water-hose fitting that screws onto the plastic fitting on my EcoTemp shower unit just now. The only place to get parts is closed til Thursday and it's not getting fixed with thread tape. Oh well, no company coming anyway. Pot of water on the stove, "bath" impending. Might even put on clean long johns.

'95 Bombay Court in a 2013 Dunhill County Billiard.

Lucky Duck, psquared, jpberg and 28 others like this.
  10. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Sail Natural in the PSF POY

11. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Newminster Navy Flake in the Unique Briars apple. This stuff is pretty good and cheap. Its a plain virginia flake and its pretty awesome. I'm gonna cellar some and see how it shakes out.

12. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

This is the Mizzou.
    [​IMG]
    This is the Pony Express
    [​IMG]

And both are damned good smokers.

13. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

I have been doing an unusual amount of posting in this thread. Must be due to the fact that I'm really, truly on vacation, with no work to do whatsoever, and so I get to sit around and smoke all day long. And who can complain? It just means you all get to read that much more of my beautiful, flowing, yet shockingly—one might say maddeningly—loquacious prose. Being a tremendous fan of James Joyce, I am of the opinion that reading large amounts of nearly unintelligible prose is healthy; it builds mental stamina and fortitude. So, you're welcome.

My god Paul, that sounds stunning. When I was in school in Massachusetts, a friend of mine from Brooklyn (Carroll Gardens, to be precise) invited me to his house for the weekend, and we had a meal resembling the one you describe: all incredible Italian food, cooked by Italian women—the oldest of whom was an actual immigrant from Palermo—and it was unbelievably good. A non-Italian person cannot cook Italian food like that, period.

Merry Christmas Eve, folks. Special Latakia Flake in a Savinelli, hot coffee on the side. It's gonna be like 20˚F tonight, which is like Antarctica for here. If only we had some snow. But I have plenty to be thankful for, and I'll be in New York soon.

14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Last smoke of the night is Night Cap in the Tim West Panel with Plateau Top. Wishing everyone who celebrates it a Merry Christmas and special wishes for Peace, Goodwill and may all in PSF Land enjoy a wonderful evening filled with family and friends and sweet smokes from your pipes. Now if we could only find Mrs Calabash and the night crew! :laff: Ho....Ho...Ho....:byg:

15. highstump

highstump Active Member

Dandy, there is no way anything could possibly go wrong with this plan. :whis:

McClelland 5125 Coyote Classic in an Ehrlich Canadian and diet Dr Pepper on the side.

16. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Welcome home. Glad to see you back.

17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Hi OC! It sure is great to see you back. Merry Christmas to you!!

18. JimInks

Then I have a Pony Express. There was a small sticker on the wrapper around the cob that said it was a Mizzou, so I went by that. Guess I'll change the description now. Thanks for the correction.

19. JimInks

Enjoying a cup of hot tea while waiting for dinner. I'm half way through smoking Voodoo Queen in a 1978 slight bend CAO Turk's Head Meer.

20. Moose

Moose Active Member

Just had some Christmas Cheer 2011 in my Sav Tevere 616. Very good blend, perfect for Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas to all my PSF family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.