What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

5100 in my Rekamepip gnarly freehand. Sooo0 good. Working my way up to Christmas Cheer this weekend after a break in pause. This pipe smokes even better than it looks. Great draw, incredibly light, totally clenchable using a softy, feels great in the hand. Hard to put down.

A little FMC in a Pete 307, load up the wood burner for the evening, put out some milk and cookies for Santa and off to bed.

Merry Christmas Eve PSFers.

2. highstump

highstump Active Member

Smarty, try mixing some PA or CH with that 5100. Great stuff. :drly:

3. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Greetings Jiminks and Stormy. Good to be back. Table is looking like a pipe and tobacco buffet right now. Smoking those that I didn't take with me and missed. Sasquatch Canadian full of Weybridge is producing meteorologically significant clouds of smoke. Bloody glorious!

4. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Happy eve of Christmas, everyone. Just gave my best four legged buddy his Christmas bath and I dug out one of my favorite CD's, Miles Davis, Kind of Blue, to listen to. Since its an occasion, and all, I thought I have a double Balvenie Doublewood with a splash of floride free water, and loaded my BST (I hear they smoke good) with Christmas Cheer 2012.:puffy: Cheers. :toast:

Lucky Duck, Moose, psquared and 23 others like this.
  5. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

We had a big birthday party at the church earlier, then back home we started our Christmas Eve feast with the part of the family that lives here in town. Altogether we were 15 at the table, we had scallops as a starter, then wild boar roast, red cabbage and dumplings, and for dessert honey and almond parfait - man, what a banquet. 2 hours ago the eating, drinking and exchanging presents (I got a very cool knife for slicing up Strang and plug tobaccos from my brother) came to an end and I enjoyed a very tasty bowl of Chief Catoonah's Princess Street in the Dunhill Shell Briar after the festivities. Going to bed now. Merry Christmas to all and Happy Birthday J of N. :)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  6. mitchell

mitchell Active Member

interesting pipe.... I like it!

7. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Burning up this ODF. DGE nosewarmer for now. Probably my Basil Meadows in a bit. In a little bit? The BST.

I hope this thing kicks ass. Lord knows I've been dying to smoke it.

:toast: to Fr. Tom. I don't remember the last time I smoked a blend day in and day out like this. Pretty sure it was Rum Flake.

8. dying breed

dying breed Member

ODF earlier this after noon. Now it is Exhausted rooster in the donegal rocky. Rum (lots) on the side.

9. mitchell

mitchell Active Member

The doublewood is hard to beat!

10. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

HAving some AJ's Vaper and a rather large pour of J.D Single barrel.

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Relaxing after dinner, and just lit up a bowl of Stonehaven in a smooth 2002 medium bend eight sided panel top straight grain Rinaldo Collection Silver Line F Egea 05 Titania bulldog. Suzy and Molly had their chicken and cheese, and are lazying around the den. I'm half tempted to join them!

12. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

You know what, it sure as heck is. I find it really easy going. I'm almost out, too. I've got a bottle of Bowmore 15, and Dalwhinnie 15 as well. The Bowmore is good but my least favorite of the three. Dalwhinnie 15 is my absolute favorite. But I'm stingy with it. Balvanie 12 is my second favorite of them.

13. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Sextant in the Nording. I can't get enough of this stuff. Now that my daughter is asleep, as soon as this pipe is finished I'm heading for some quality time with my wife. Then we're up early to drive to Erie in the morning. I kind of like that drive on Christmas morning as I'm usually the only car on the road.

14. dBear

dBear Active Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS Old Codger!!! Glad to see you back - been missing you.

Started my day with Sutliff Medium Burley in the Rekamepip Oyster with the bark still on it. Coffee is making its way into my system. Fixing to move on to Dockworker in the Squatch prince and looking forward to a wonderful Christmas Eve.

Lucky Duck, Moose, psquared and 18 others like this.
  15. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Mmm, Exhausted Rooster. I have a pouch of that and a pouch of Squadron Leader for the day's activities.

16. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

:drly: You're killing me lately, brother. Smoking all that Stonehaven, and I've been out for weeks. Got to find some more...

17. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

The Christmas present for my brother this year has been a bottle of "Auchentoshan Three Wood" and I also could take a sip after dinner, awesome stuff - have you tried it, Stonie and Mitchell?

18. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Glad to have been able set you up. I am smoking some Golden Extra in a Kaywoodie bulldog between services. Got to be mindful of the room note here in the office...

19. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

No, I haven't. I've only had the aforementioned. And Glenfiddich 12. I used to drink Glenfiddich until someone told me one day, that is barely scotch. lol I've seen the Auchentoshan at my local liquor store but didn't know anything about it. Its that good, huh? I'll have to take a look at it next visit.

20. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Haven't tried your favorite, the Dalwhinnie 15 - just watching a review video as I type.:) The Auchentoshan is very similar to Balvanie 12, but a bit rounder and smoother overall and has just a more full-bodied and intense flavor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.