What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

5/23

Quiet Christmas so far, we have plans for the evening but so far it's just been been coffee and eggs for brunch, followed by some reading and watching old episodes of Farscape while wrapping presents.
    I'm currently smoking some of the Penzance Berg sent in a Mr Brog bulldog, coffee on the side.

Merry Christmas PSF.

2. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Bought that album in 1966 in London just after seeing Dave and the group play at Ronny Scott's club! Plays just as good today. Cheers!

3. muddler

muddler Active Member

Good morning & Merry Christmas! Cloudy here in Pretoria. Having a second bowl of McClelland 5100 in a Pete 303 with my second cup of coffee before starting to cook up the Super Chicken. Then I'll prep the gammon & toss that into the oven as well. Plenty of time. Mrs Muddler is already rattling away making up potato salad though.

Sure got a lot of t shirts for Christmas. I was asked what I wanted (I fall into the "notoriously difficult to buy for" category) & suggested a t shirt or two might not go amiss. Well I ended up with a dozen! Everyone gave me t shirts. The penny is starting to drop that maybe I was an embarrassment in my scruffy, worn out & stained t shirts that I hailed as "comfortable favorites".

Have a great day!

4. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Just starting up 1792 cradling 3P cradling Irish Flake in an IMP xxl meerschaum. A little rum in a big pot of Meyer Lemon tea. This should get me through the three months of mail that has piled up. Funny how I know from the way the envelopes were opened, which person opened which piece of mail to pay bills for me while I was away.
    Good night all. Wishing all of you the best and a great Christmas morning.

5. aggman

aggman Active Member

And you had your heart set on that Crockpot - maybe next year.

6. moosecop

moosecop Member

To start with Eric you are big.. You remind me of the Cup o Joe ads with Bigfoot smoking the mini pipe.Have you seen those??. And If you want you can blow up my pic from the Picture of you smoking a pipe post and use it for frame filler.. I know you want too.. then use it as a dartboard............

Lucky Duck, aggman, psquared and 9 others like this.
  7. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I've already got it floating on the toilet teaching the boys to work on their aim. :poke:

8. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Just decided to have a cob full of 2006 McClelland #27 Matured Virginia. Merry Christmas everyone!

9. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Nothing. Christmas can be lame like that sometimes - I stay with my parents for the holiday and their house is a designated non-smoking area. Because it's frigid outside this time of year, I don't get to smoke much over Christmas break, because I don't like going out in the frosty night air for half an hour or more this time of year.

That's okay, for these times there is snus. I'm trying to break that habit though, but I won't stop until I get back home and can smoke when I want.

But if I had my way right now I'd be having a nice bowl of Odessa or Irish Flake or Grousemoor Plug...or any of a number of other blends that sound good at the moment. Revor plug would be killer

Lucky Duck, aggman, psquared and 17 others like this.
  10. DS86

DS86 Active Member

Penzance in an Austin imported briar.

Lucky Duck, aggman, psquared and 18 others like this.
  11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I've been so busy, I forgot to list what I'm smoking. I'm almost finished smoking Bacchanalia in a 1979 smooth slight bend H. Jones Ltd. Easy Loader 391 Dublin. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with Santa-fied li'l floaty icebergs is my drink.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    Lucky Duck, Artistik, aggman and 19 others like this.
  12. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Holy cow 2 oz. tin of Pease 2004 Bohemian Scandal is going for $135. Meanwhile 2002 Christmas Cheer for $39, and that's 100g tin.

13. JimInks

Now smoking Virginia Spice in a 1981 Ascorti Black Billiard Business with a military bit. Molly's meowing and running to her favorite spot in the den, which means she wants to play ear plug catch. It also means Suzy will be in here soon to join in. So, off I go to indulge the kittens!

Lucky Duck, aggman, psquared and 19 others like this.
  14. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Services are over, and I am home. I got here and stuffed stockings. I am too tired to list the various smokes. I am having a bowl of MacB's Navy Flake in a GBD Prehistoric apple before bed.

I found those two missing pipes BTW. I had stuck them with a tin of tobacco in a bag I was bringing in out of the car.

Blessings to you and yours!

15. JimInks

My last smoke before sleep is Classic Burley Kake in a 2013 straight 5th Avenue DGE Nose warmer cob. Glad Santa always comes to this house late! Going to read as long as this bowl of tobacco lasts. See you folks later this day.

Merry Christmas to everybody from all of us, and that's includes the trusty Saint Bernard, who's helping Santa deliver presents and floaty li'l icebergs. He's sober tonight... you know the Saint Bernard never drinks and drives, though he did bring Santa some pipe tobacco from the warehouse before he left on the journey. So, if you see a trail of pipe smoke in the sky near your house, you know who's responsible. ;)

16. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Hello OC! It's great to have you back! Merry Christmas!

17. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Merry Christmas everyone. I'm in no position to smoke, but if I could I'd be having Balkan Sobranie in a Meerschaum carved stupendously in the lustrous form of Natalie Portman. Ah, Christmas Wishes...

18. zacROK

zacROK Member

Been running around for the last two weeks. Feels good to be back. Spent time in five different cities in two different countries. I will be spending the rest of my vacation building a computer and smoking as many pipes as I can. Got some Mac B honey and chocolate in a no-name saucer going now. Iced coffee with a splash of Baileys in it. I'm thinking the next round will be McCelland Caramel Rush in a MM Legend.

Merry Christmas all.:bing:

19. dBear

dBear Active Member

Well, I could smoke M79 in a meer carved like Margaret Thatcher, would that help? Or would that just be coal in the sock?

Finished up the fried chicken, finished up the avocado, finished up the chow mein, and now I'm finishing up Uhle's Perfection Plug Burley in the Savinelli Auto blobby pipe. With all the food scraps finished up, I'm ready for the turkey and stuffing to be next. And with the Perfection Plug finished up, I'm planning on Virginia Spice in the Squatch Lean Volcano for my next smoke. Merry Christmas, all!

20. SteveH

SteveH Active Member

Ten past ten here. Just watched a CBeebies programme called 'Old Jack's Boat: the Christmas Quest', a special Christmas edition of a regular programme for tinies, with Bernard Cribbins as Old Jack, a sailor. I got quite dewy-eyed. The fact that it starred lovely old Bernard Cribbins (who is 85 on Sunday) was enough to win me to it, one hardy perennial star who hasn't been involved in any sleazy scandal, but it was a charming story as well. Now watching Christmas morning service from Westminster Abbey, and smoking a festive bowlful of St Bruno in a Blakemar 'Prince'.

[​IMG]

Lucky Duck, aggman, psquared and 16 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.