What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

:( ... still havent smoked the pipe .... to much going on with all these people at the house .... searving food ... mixing drinks ... it aint easy :xd: ...the drinks are quite good ....... Jack Rose Coctails and Whiskey . The Tortuga is waiting and I'm sensing something to break it in with .. something DMKerr would approve of ... being I dont have much on hand to choose from [ :laff: ] ... I'm figuring Altadis Chcolate Truffle or maybe some HU directors cut . I wonder which Kerr would dig more ?!

2. Bobby Stubbs

Bobby Stubbs Member

Figured out why so many of ebay estate pipes have chatter marks on the stem..
    Its from ya all smokeing outside in the freezing cold and yer teeth chattering on the stems..I SMOKE INSIDE !!!
    Wife likes the smell of pipe tobacco..calls it insence ..

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Back home from being with the family. My newly married niece had pour get together at her new house, so all of us had to smoke outside. I did manage to get in a bowl of Rum and Maple in a 1981 Mauro Armellini Corteccia 05 Oom Paul. Now that I'm home, I'm going to get a smoke and a hot cup of coffee.

4. JimInks

Coffee's freshly brewed, and I am, too! ;) I'm now smoking the real VaPer Three Nuns in a 2003 smooth medium bent straight grain Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera Dublin. I'd thought about working tonight, but I doubt I'll do it, lazy guy that I am. I seldom take days off, so I might as well enjoy it. Unless I change my mind. :confused: :msty:

5. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Smoking a bowl of Germaine's Plum Cake Mixture in a Pete Drac 999 FishTail enjoying a mug of coffee with a nice shot of butterscotch schnapps. Currently listening to The Beatles "Let It Be...Naked" cd. Keeping with the holiday theme, I have some Christmas Cheer 2012 on the drying plate. A big thanks to Fr. Tom on the instructional video on how to properly use a mug. No more hot coffee accidents in in this house. I had to watch it twice. :oops:

6. dying breed

dying breed Member

Posting from back a few as I catch up and relax after another nice day with the fam. It is nice to be home and relaxing....

Irish flake in the BC church warden.

I hope all here had as merry a Christmas as I did!

7. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

More hot coffee with butterscotch schnapps enjoying some Christmas Cheer 2012 in bent Wessex Standard both gifts from my Secret Santa. Listening to The Beatles "Magical Mystery Tour". Sounds like the neighborhood paid a visit to the fireworks stand this evening. Those big boomer mortars. Y'all have a fine fine evening.

8. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

John's Mixed Blend #2 in a Yello-Bole Airograte

9. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Dunhill 965 (I actually bought this myself) in a "With Pipe and Book" Zulu from jpberg

10. muddler

muddler Active Member

I'm up very early this Boxing Day - still pitch dark. But a few birds have started the morning chorus. Had some rain during the night so it's pleasantly cool. More forecast today which is not cool - I plan to go shoot some clays this afternoon. Clays & rain don't mix.

So I have a mug of strong English Breakfast tea here with a bowl of McClelland 5100 in a GBD meer & all is well in Muddler's world.

[​IMG]

11. JimInks

Half way through this bowl of Hamborger Veermaster (thanks, Flatbush Paul) in a 1980 Stanwell 668 medium bend with a ferrule, half black sandblasted, half brown smooth, rough top. Watching Christmas shows with m'lady, and the kittens.

12. JimInks

Listing this a little early: St. James Flake in a straight sandblasted pre-transition Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver band and military bit. Now, on to a movie on DVD!

Btw, for those who may be interested, here's Harpo Marx in a serious role about a murder at Christmas time. It runs about 24 minutes.

13. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Smoked 2013 Christmas Cheer all day with my brother in law and husband in law. They aren't regular pipers but they helped me put a sizable dent in the tin. Good times.

14. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

DGT'd 2010 Christmas Cheer in a Rob Roy cob.

15. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Briar Fox in a Matzhold volcano, sippin' Knob Creek. Merry Christmas to all!

16. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

I'm getting ready to try brown flake in a Peterson system. I know Va's smell like hay, but this smells like a barn. If I have learned anything over the years it is the worse something smells, the better it tastes. Merry Christmas everyone!

17. dBear

dBear Active Member

Glad to hear about everyone's excellent Christmases. What a great time of year!

Stick, I am SOOOOOO glad you've got a BST. Great pipes, aren't they? Merry Christmas!
    F&B, out of all your pipes, I think this is my favorite. I'll be happy anytime you want to post a photo of this one. Merry Christmas!

Starting my day today with Peretti Midnight in the Squatch scoop and getting a little bit of coffee to perk me up. Merry Christmas!

18. JimInks

Just finished watching Rhythm of the River with Bing Crosby, Basil Rathbone, and Oscar Levant. Levant is a forgotten comic and music genius - crazy as hell, but funny. Anyway, I'm almost finished smoking Royal Yacht in a 2004 smooth long stem Canadian Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3. Thinking about my next smoke, too.

19. aggman

aggman Active Member

Smoker's Haven 20th Anniversary in a Bruken.

[​IMG]

20. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

GH Grasmere Flake in a Peterson 606.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.