1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Davidoff Flake Medallions in a BST Compact Little Brute. Today was the first time this pipe has been properly cleaned in the past couple of months and it's been smoked at least 4 or 5 times a day that whole time. What a great pipe. Was up to +4C(39F) this afternoon so some good outside time.

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Now smoking Anniversary Kake in a smooth 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49. Listening to a fascinating lecture on C-Span 3 about Famous Obsessive Personalities in American History. I hate to disappoint you folks, but the people discussed in this lecture make us look normal. :bag: Good thing I have the trusty Saint Bernard here to remind me of how normal things are here. :rolleyes:

sonarman, Lucky Duck, Fr Tom and 25 others like this.
  3. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Now here's a man who knows what he's talking about. I'm having some Best Brown #2 in a Savinelli. It is really wonderful.

If it weren't so chilly out I would probably pass right out in my rocking chair right now, just like an old guy. :D Currently 32˚F/0˚C outside, humidity at 78% RH. Little bit frosty since my good jacket got left over at the relatives' house.

4. JimInks

I'm a few moments away from smoking Three Friars in an early Radice smooth full bend crossgrain/ bird's eye 2 dot Clear. Going to do some reading now. Ice water properly chilled with floaty li'l icebergs who whine like Margaret Hamilton is my drink.

In case you guys think Santa's not real, here's proof of his existence:

5. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Sipping on more 2010 Christmas Cheer.

6. mojo66

mojo66 Member

SPC Plum Pudding in a Preben Holm Crown. :)

7. dBear

dBear Active Member

If ya can't trust Batman, who can you trust?

I'm now enjoying some Peretti Park Square in the Rekamepip Oyster with the bark still on it.

8. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

According to my package tracking, I'll also be enjoying something in this pipe tomorrow afternoon. :)

9. dBear

dBear Active Member

:thu2:

10. JimInks

Last smoke before sleep is MacBaren Navy Flake in a 1980s Peterson 314 Full Bend black Sandblast system pipe. Still reading. See you folks later this day.

sonarman, Lucky Duck, Fr Tom and 24 others like this.
  11. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

:(

12. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

6/23

It's been a very quiet Boxing Day, both the wife and I are very headachey so we've kept down in case it's some sort of bug. Last thing we want is to get sick during our break.

I have managed some SG Scotch Cut in a MM Diplomat, hot sweet tea on the side and Farscape going largely ignored in the background. I got a chance to use the Zippo pipe lighter as well, matches be damned!

sonarman, Lucky Duck, aggman and 20 others like this.
  13. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Good morning from Miami. Starting my day with hotel coffee (pretty good stuff) in the breakfast area waiting for breakfast to be put out for consumption. Unfortunately I am vapin' this morning as it is raining outside. Hope it stops soon as I am ready for a cob full of Academy to get me into that Tropical Island state of mind (just a wake up now)!

Lucky Duck, aggman, Rockbass and 19 others like this.
  14. dBear

dBear Active Member

Smoking the last of my St. James Flake (thanks, SurlySoul!) in the Squatch prince.

sonarman, aggman, Rockbass and 22 others like this.
  15. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

33 and cloudy in Louisville this morning. 4Noggins Otter Creek in a nameless Rhodesian w/ coffee. Packed a little 5120 in my two pipe pouch for a smoke in a Pete 314 after lunch. Back to work.

Enjoy the day PSFers.

16. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Melorning, everyone! I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I'm posting from way back on Monday night. I've started my day with black coffee and what's left of a load I took from the remnants Jar in my 2013 PSF POY. I started this one yesterday morning, and had to lay it aside. Puff on!

17. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Legends, in a blasted poker.

18. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

dBear,
    Thanks, that means a lot since it is one I designed it then commissioned Rad Davis to bring my vision to light and a splendid job he did. I have 10 Morta pipes (the 10th will arrive tomorrow) and of the 8 I smoked prior to this one by Rad they are all great smokers but this one smoked like it had a decade of smokes put through it out of the box. I could not believe how much cooler and drier it is than my other Morta pipes, and that really is saying something.
    Bamboo shanks have the tendency to cool your smoke nicely and married to a well done Morta bowl, i.e. substantial in size without being over done and the right size tobacco chamber for how I smoke it is about as good as it gets.

Finished a 1/2 bowl each of Christmas Cookie and Nightcap and heading for PRM #3, Happy Boxer Day PSFer's see you on the other side of my Benadryl Cloud. :bing:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    sonarman, ZeissMan, aggman and 20 others like this.
  19. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Hello again. I've loaded PS LTF into my MM Egg for the drive to Produce Row. Puff on!

20. dBear

dBear Active Member

I admire your eye for line and elegance, sir! A terrifically beautiful design. :thu:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.