What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

Continuing my day start with Peretti Park Square in the Rekamepip Pear Oyster. I was right, me and this pipe are becoming good friends.

2. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Glad to hear you received the package brother. In the bonds, phi phi

Btw. Where did you go to school? I went to western Michigan university. Epsilon psi (90)

3. Eric Pierson

I'm smoking some PS LTF and my second bowl of it today. I smoked it in my MM CG earlier on my way home from work and i finished the bowl after snowblowing and am now smoking it in the rekamepip maple poker and have noticed yet another inch on the driveway. :shead:

I am really close to buying a very expensive pipe and need you guys to do your typical job of pushing me into buying it. Or pointing out a nice looking 1969 dunhill (birth year) so I can get that off the list.

4. Doc Sixstring

Doc Sixstring Active Member

had a thin bowl of Habana Daydream in the cob today. went out this afternoon and came back to a wonderful smokey linger in my garage. really love the afterglow on this one

5. Eric Pierson

Really? I love this blend and have a lot of it stored, but I think the room note is terrible. Maybe worst than cigarettes. And I have had a lot of people tell me that.

6. Doc Sixstring

I would agree 100% that it smells very similar to cigarettes. I have a strange attraction to the smell of cigarette smoke, always have since I was a child. not one for the taste, that's why I've chosen pipes. but this blend is certainly one of my favourites for room notes of the limited blends that I've tried

7. aggman

aggman Active Member

Sutliff's Sunset Rum in the GBD Sauvage.

[​IMG]

8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

A couple of days ago, Dr. Dust asked me if I repeat blends I smoke, and I noted that I had once earlier this year, which was the first time in several years. Well, lightning strikes twice because I'm smoking Rolando's Own in a 2003 smooth three quarter bend Fiammata Odissea Titania 02 Silver Line 3 Rinaldo Straight Grain egg. This finishes what I had left after jarring an eight ounce tin. I wanted to get it out of the way and concentrate on the other open baggies and tins I have, though I mean no disrepect to this mixture. RO is an underrated blend, and has a nice spice hit from the perique. I'll revisit it one of these days.

9. dBear

dBear Active Member

I think we're in a minority here, but I too like the smell of cigarettes. Love walking into a room that has that warm, toasty smell of many cigarettes smoked over a long period of time.

10. zappano

zappano Member

11. dBear

dBear Active Member

Ah, the Park Square was great. Now I think I'll have a Dunhill Flake. What to put it in? You know, I'm not sure if I've put a flake through the Squatch scoop yet - so that'll be the choice. Getting down to the last of the coffee - should work out just about right.

[​IMG]

12. Doc Sixstring

I've never met anyone who understands the appeal like us. glad to hear that I'm not just completely deranged (or are we..?)

13. dBear

dBear Active Member

Of course we are! What's that got do to with it? :xd:

Hey, it's getting close to almost a year ago - anybody remember this?

[​IMG]

14. Doc Sixstring

WOAH. that's a beautiful table.

15. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Well I smoked the last of my Chelsea Morning in a MM Washington cob w. some ginger ale~ Got some Borkum Riff mixture #11 for christmas~ It's a sort of mango rum flavored thing I guess they made that someone thought I'd want. I pride myself in not smoking anything that has a flavored topping~ Rum & Mango kinda fit that bill~ I've not tried it, but I have a feeling it'll be something like C&D Blockade Runner (gag) meets University Flake~ (ugh) Also got a 2 oz sample of pipes & cigars.com "Candy Corn" which is another aromatic.....ugh~ putting the borkum riff in among my other tins made me think of the sesame street song "One of these does not look like the other....." ;) Also got a Stanwell pipe that has an extremely small chamber & looks like a darned hash pipe~ I fully intend to trade this pipe @ the B&M to see what discount I can get~ The good news is I got a porcelain tobacco jar.....but the bad news is it's not air tight~ People TRIED to make me happy & I get it & I'm grateful, but good grief~ I mean, having these aro's is like having Blue Moon beer in the fridge, LMAO~~~ Anyway, merry Christmas & I hope everyone had a good one~!!!

16. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Started the day at nine PM, with SWR in a cob with malicious coffee. Now I'm on the nightcap and might stay there all night.

17. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I think yu might be able to 'fix' that porcelain jar to make it closer to air tight.

18. JimInks

Work is done for the day, and I'm relaxing and smoking R-Blend in a 1983 three quarter bend medium brown Ascorti KS Business Dublin. I've got enough for just a few more bowls as I lower the open amount of tobacco blends. Going to read for a while now. Not bad for my 6,000 post!

19. dBear

dBear Active Member

bdpbdpbdpbdpbdpbdp

Yo! 6000 excellent JimInks posts!

Oh, and here's a dancing banana for the St. Bernard. :poop:
    Oops! Wait a minute. HERE'S a dancing banana for the St. Bernard. :wiz:

No, no. I'll get it right this time. Here's a dancing banana for the St. Bernard. :dkn:

Well, okay, close enough.

:banana:

20. JimInks

Dear Mr. DBear,
    After you go fry an egg, please use the yellow floaty lil icebergs I gave you for Christmas in your drinks. With my compliments.

Sincerely yours,

The Trusty Saint Bernard, esq.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.