1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

My last smoke before sleep is Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09). Suzy's sleeping by my side, and Molly's by my feet. They don't like to go to bed until I do.

2. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

7/23

First up, :bday: Snake!

Secondly, Congrats on 6,000 JimInks.

Thirdly, congrats on 1,000 to, wait for it, me!

Just running some errands today, luckily I had the presence of mind to pack my Pete XL02 and some escudo in the new pipe bag, as a friend called and invited us to lunch.

[​IMG]

3. dBear

dBear Active Member

Congrats on 1K posts, SillyOld! Thanks to Griz (another illustrious ursine PSF member) there's a perfect reply for your post:

[​IMG]

mitchell, sonarman, p120d16y and 18 others like this.
  4. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Melorning all. I'm 423 posts behind! I'll catch up. Not today, though. I've started my day with Mac Baron Navy Flake in my MM Spool. Black coffee to drink. Puff on!

Congratulations on 1000 posts Sillyoldbear!

mitchell, sonarman, p120d16y and 23 others like this.
  5. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

26 in Louisville before daybreak, clear, stars still out. 47 the expected high. Warm weekend on tap. Peterson De Luxe in a Barling 4039 now. Should be pretty lonely at work today so I'm taking a wee bit of Mac Baren Acadian Perique in a modified Kaywoodie for my after lunch indulgence.

Congrats to Jiminks on #6000 and SOB for #1000:bing:

TGIF PSFers.

6. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Starting this day with a bent Sav with Cumberland replacement stem filled with CH and pretty good hotel coffee. This will be my first and probbably last pipe of the day. Hope they don't mindd vapin' at MIA. In a couple of hours we will be at the airport and by noon we should be on the big bird taking mmee to that Tropical Island (zero hour is upon us)!

7. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Frog Morton, in a bent and blasted freehand, for the TGIF smoke.

8. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Yikes! 1K for Sillyoldbear, 6K for JimInks and 7K for Snake congratulations to all of you, dang before you know it the year will end.... Had some of His Master's Choice in the MM Diplomat with plum Forever Stem and heading for PRM #3, Howdy Doody PSFer's.... Puff on. :ngty:

9. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Happy birthday Snake and congrats to Jiminks and Sillyoldbear on 6k and 1k post respectively. To celebrate I'm having a massive bowlful of Nowt Mixture in a bent Thinair bulldog.

10. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Congrats all around this morning. A Happy Birthday to Snake, Jim's 6000k post and SillyOldBears's 1000k post. Good deal! Smoking a bowl of Squadron Leader in an ol' Digby Bulldog bout to get ready for work. See y'all later on....

BTW: Get that birthday Dunhill Eric. You've worked very hard this year and that pipe is your right to own. That pipe has been waiting for you for 45yrs! Don't make it wait much longer!

11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Just loaded up Jean de Toit's (Pietenpaw Pipes) personal Fisherman's pipe with some Dunbar, heading for PRM #5. In case you don't know what to do with those CD's you don't listen to any longer here's one option..... [​IMG]

12. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Good Morning,

Congrats to JimInks and Sillyoldbear for their 6K & 1K posts!
    I started this day off with P & W Nut Brown Burley in the Castello Great Line medium Bent Dublin with black coffee for my ride into work. It seems that whenever I don't know what to smoke I reach for the Nut Brown Burley. I guess it has become my go-to blend.

Happy Friday Smoking,
    Paul

13. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Yesterday was spent going over the river and through the woods. I got smokes in with the new pipes. I am liking the Airograte a lot.

14. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:puffy: burley

:ccup: colombian

15. dBear

dBear Active Member

Lighting up a bowl of Dockworker in the Squatch Prince for Bearnard Lerring, since I know that Nowt Mixture doesn't have much substance and Thinair pipes, while they smoke like a dream, don't last very long. Brewing a second pot of coffee for the sunrise. (Sorry, BL, no tea.)

16. Everman75

Everman75 Member

I'm just getting started with another one of OUR local B&M, "Old English" from Pipes & Pleasures in the sandblast Dimonte. Hot coffee to drink.

17. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Carter Hall in the PSF POY

mitchell, sonarman, Artistik and 20 others like this.
  18. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

:bday: Snake
    Congrats on the milestones JI & SOB

:confused: Hey SillyOldBear, I just noticed your initials are SOB :xd:

Starting the busy day with Carter Hall in a Country Gent with black Maxwell House.
    Full day of work today, but at lunch, I'm taking my gift certificate to the big pipe shop in Bloomington :th1:
    I'm leaning toward a Pete Irish army 102, or perhaps a Savinelli 320, but who knows?
    Later this evening it's the annual convocation of Sullivan County Past Masters which is always a good time.
    When I finally get home, late tonight, I'll begin a 9 day vacation :punk: which I haven't done since 2007!

Needless to say, I'm in pretty good spirits today!!!!

mitchell, sonarman, Artistik and 19 others like this.
  19. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Like some I am starting out with CH in a cob. Daughter and her family are coming over so won't be smoking with the grandkids around. Got a pot of chili going and look forward to the visit. Warm and sunny with a high temp around 50 ... have a good day all!

mitchell, sonarman, Artistik and 22 others like this.
  20. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Smoking a bowl of blackwoods flake with a healthy amount of perique thrown in to give me the necessary nicotine and doing so in my grabow freehand with some coffee on my side. In the mostly empty parking lot. It will be another quiet and this productive day at work.

Congrats to al the posting milestones achieved over the night and good morning to all on psf. And happy birthday snake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.