What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Do you read my posts in an Australian accent?

2. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

7/23

The missus 'n me got done with chores and tucker with the mates and went back to ours to watch Farscape on the telly before having a couple a sanga's for tea.

Now she's passed out and I'm arse'n around while smokin' a couple of Escudo flakes in the Pete.

What a rippa of a day.

Summit, mitchell, sonarman and 24 others like this.
  3. Benton629

Benton629 Member

Captain Black Royal in my Vauen Regent 142.

[​IMG]

4. InAbsentia

InAbsentia Member

I'm trying out some Sir WR Aromatic in my corn cob. I went straight to "old guard" tobacco when I started, and never really touched OTCs... so I'm trying to rectify that to have the full gamut of experiences.

5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

GH Red (Or is it Red Style? Different retailers seem to call it different things) in the new-to-me GBD Century lumberman

This is a nice smoking pipe, and a nice smoking tobacco. This blend probably won't end up in my pipe on a regular basis, but it is very good. Just going on the taste and not the blenders notes, I'd have to say its a Va/bur blend with more burley than Virginia and a mild, fruity flavoring. Little to no floral stuff going on that I notice, but that's just me - sometimes I feel immune to it unless it's really strong.

Anyway, this is a good smoke. I recommend this blend.
    [​IMG]

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Awake much earlier than I want to be. So, as long as it is so, this ol' so-and-so is smoking MacBaren Cube Bronze in a 2013 slight bend red stone Rockcob poker. Neither the tobacco or the pipe is so-so. Although, I did know a seamstress who was a sew and sew. But that's another story.

Btw, until Dec. 31, Synjeco is having a 10% off sale. The shipping from Switzerland is darn expensive, but where else can you get SJF Plug, FVF Plug, Torina, Onyx, Mogano, Tarek Robusto, Schippers (the generous Harry Brown excepted), etc.? Wish I could afford the shipping price because I'd sure love to try the SJF and FVF plugs. Ahhh well...

sonarman, Lucky Duck, aggman and 20 others like this.
  7. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

University of Kansas, Beta Gamma.
    Have a great day.
    ~ ZM

mitchell, WalkinStick, olddog and 9 others like this.
  8. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

A belated Happy Birthday to the Snake!
    bdpbdpbdpbdpbdp

Happy milestone congratulations to Jim and SOB! Keep 'em coming.
    :punk::punk::punk::hbang::hbang::hbang::punk::punk::punk::hbang::hbang::hbang::punk::punk::punk::hbang::hbang::hbang::punk::punk::punk::hbang::hbang::hbang::punk::punk::punk::hbang::hbang::hbang::punk::punk::punk::hbang::hbang::hbang:

Having a big bowl of HU FLanagan - thanks to dBear!!:toast: - to celebrate those three events.

Oh, and Eric: DOOOOOOOOOOOO EEEEEEEEEEEEET, or take banjo's advice and have a look at Moretti. I love my two Morettis, great smokers.

mitchell, Lucky Duck, aggman and 22 others like this.
  9. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

That was just the motivation I needed. I just ordered it. Now lets hope Sinan gets this to me quicker than my meerschaums. lol

And, probably best if we don't let the wife know about this. ;)

10. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

After 2 bowls of CH in a cob, switched to some Mac Barens Navy Flake in a very nice little nose warmer from Warner Pipes. With my usual pot of Maxwell House.
    [​IMG]

11. Eric Pierson

Thanks FnB. I did check them out, but they all appeared to be in that nosewarmer length and I am not a big fan of that style of pipe. It was nice to see another option, however. I was only looking between Davorin and Becker's previously and liked both the price and look of the Davorins better.

12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm moments away from smoking Old Vienna in a 1979 no name French briar smooth full bend egg. I thought another sweet smoke would go well with a cup of hot tea. Molly doesn't care. She wants tuna. And here's comes Suzy now, so here I am, outvoted again! Well, they're worth what little trouble they are... little devils! :)

sonarman, Lucky Duck, aggman and 19 others like this.
  13. Eric Pierson

Wow beef, that is nice. It looks like it has a huge bowl. I'm guessing two plus hours with a flake.

14. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Starting the day with Uhles 00/Va broken flake mix in a GBD Prehistoric pot.

sonarman, Lucky Duck, aggman and 21 others like this.
  15. Eric Pierson

16. esteban

esteban Active Member

smokin some Golden Dansk with a lil Pipe Cut added in some old pipe.....

17. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

18. Eric Pierson

Yeah, I noticed that. It must have been the shipping costs that is making me sweat. lol

19. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

That thing is a beauty! I hope you pulled the trigger on it, because when I just looked it showed it as sold.

It does have a huge bowl, but I haven't had a chance to really test out how long it'll burn. I have smoked it outside but am still worried about it cracking. I've been holding it in my hand to keep the cold off it...though I know that goes against other advice to hold it by the stem for the first dozen smokes or so.

The reason I went for the Bacchus is because my apartment building has a giant Bacchus head attached to the front of it. Once the weather gets better, I really need a photo of me smoking it in front of the head. Check this out:

[​IMG]

20. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Hey guys.
    Slept in pretty late, and just starting Carter Hall in an MM Washington bent :puffy:
    Lots of coffee.

sonarman, mitchell, Artistik and 25 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.