1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Hey Tex, I've got Beef Stew cooking in the crock pot too!

Still CH in a cob.

Smokey, surlysoul, JWG25 and 17 others like this.
  2. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

You might check out ebay -- http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=gourd+calabash

3. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Middleton's Walnut in the new Pete, with black coffee.

Smokey, surlysoul, JWG25 and 26 others like this.
  4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Finally caught up on the thread. I'm now smoking Rum and Maple in a 1981 Mauro Armellini Corteccia 05 Oom Paul. Thought I'd smoke sweet stuff while company is here, though they're not due until 11 a.m. Stormy's in one of his moods because it rained most of the night and all of the day so far. Guess he remembers the lyrics to the old song "All day and all of the night."

Suzy and Molly always know when we are up to something when our routine changes. Right now, they are standing and just staring, waiting. I'm sure they are expecting us to leave, and they really don't like us being gone from the house.

Smokey, surlysoul, JWG25 and 26 others like this.
  5. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I meant no disrespect when I said "boring recount of ww2," simply meant not another copy of the tons of movies already out there.

I'm finishing some LJ Heart Virginia in my Dublin.

jpberg, JWG25, WalkinStick and 23 others like this.
  6. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Lovely Sunday morning.

Ogden's Walnut in an old Ben Wade Relief Grain Panelled Lovat.

jpberg, Smokey, surlysoul and 27 others like this.
  7. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Getting ready to play in some snow. Smoking 4noggins covered bridges in a DGE cob.

8. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Started the day with the last of this bag of His Masters Choice in the MM Diplomat with plum Forever Stem, then it was on to finish last nights Best Brown in the Dunhill Shell Quaint Cutty with 4 PRM's under my belt then it was one more PRM and off to walkabout.

Levi and I had a chilly walkabout due to wind and you could feel either rain or snow coming, smoked some McB's Navy Flake in the Ascorti 1/8 bent rusticated Rhodesian, seems no matter who puts out the Navy Flake I love it. Picked up the King Cut Crown Roast of Pork at my friends house where it was kept in his freezer, now in our fridge to defrost for the New Years Day Feast.

Heading for PRM #6 and will pop some Davidoff Medallions and smoke some in my Becker Morta for PipeSimmo. Good morning PSFer's! :sh:

[​IMG]

CptBeefheart, jpberg, JWG25 and 28 others like this.
  9. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

The cats have been fed, the dogs fed and walked, now my turn. To the porch with strong black coffee and the Edwards flame grain Canadian filled with my Uhles and Va broken flake blend. Have a good Sunday, a lot of meaningful football today.

surlysoul, rondel65, JWG25 and 25 others like this.
  10. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I guess I should clarify. I was looking for a company like Butz Choquin still making them today for brand new purchase. I'll check p&c soon. I do see a bunch on eBay though. Might have to go that route. Thanks.

11. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Off to a slow start this a.m. ... no birding today as it's raining cats and dogs like a lot of the east. CH in the royal blue Color Duke compliments of the good Dr. G. Yes, looks like football on the sofa is the order of the day. Still got one more bowl of chili and that ends that. Have a good Sunday PSFers!

Smokey, surlysoul, rondel65 and 28 others like this.
  12. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

If you have the cheddar, and want the finest, I recommend you look at these:
    http://bestmeerschaums.homestead.com/GOURDCALABASHPAGE.html

JWG25, WalkinStick, psquared and 13 others like this.
  13. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

9/23

Good morning PSF.

Busy couple of days. Yesterday we did a few errands and then completely reorganised the cupboards, the bookshelves, linen closet all of those drawers that accumulate crap over the year and then finally the fridge and freezer. This is a great deal of to-do list I'd set for the holidays.

Next up, some general maintenance (gutters, etc), some garden work, and a deep clean of all of my pipes.

Today it was more general cleaning before my father in law, his new wife, both of whom live in another state, and her adult son who just got in from Boulder, CO.

My father in law saw my pipe collection, and immediately came in for a closer look, apparently he was a pipe smoker before he met my wife's mother. After about 30 seconds of eyeballing my collection he says "cobs, briar and metal but meer, we'll have to fix that."

Today I smoked a bowl of H&H Black House in a Mr Brog, a Capstan Blue flake in the Bari Ruby and now I'm enjoying a 50/50 mix of Exhausted Rooster and Bow Legged Bear in the Barling system. Hot sweet tea is on the side as I mostly ignore Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law.

Have a great day!

14. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

JWG25, WalkinStick, psquared and 11 others like this.
  15. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Man, I love this Maya - the shape of this morta is so cool. Enjoy your smoke, banjo!
    I will start my smoking day a little later, too much stuff to do first. Laters, all!

16. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Thanks Spill. Definitely some sweet pipes. I'm seeing all of them sold, but I bet that pricetag is super salty, huh?

EDIT: Oh, I see. About $4-500. Really not bad considering I've seen several $1k plus briars.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  17. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

3 star.China black fire-cured in s Pete 68 Donegal rocky.

18. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Opening the tobacco my other half chose as a Christmas gift, she amazed me! Walnut Flake in a Duncan dublin then MacBaren Vanilla Toffee Cream in a Diplomat. She's a keeper!

19. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Lanes mv 1000 in the black rockcob and on my way to meet up with bigJ and possibly captain, for a holiday cigar and beer. :toast:

20. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

FVF in the Pete Sherlock Holmes. I'll get some pic's of the new kitten later. There may or may not be incidental horse:poop: included.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.