What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Having some Sutliff Field Master in a Chacom.

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Company left all too soon, but we had a great time together. I'm in the middle of smoking Burley London Blend in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot. Suzy and Molly are happy company left. Molly never came out, though Suzy did. Molly's gotten skittish about company unless she already knows them. Dunno what started that, but I liked it better when she was more social to visitors.

sonarman, aggman, Smokey and 24 others like this.
  3. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Well it's clearing up so I think I'll head out for a while with the camera....who wants to watch the Skins/Giants game anyway? !! I'll take the GBD straight billiard and some Red Cake along.

btw...if there are any Tinder Box fans out there I have those 1oz. tins of:

Vintage Blend
    Philosopher
    Blend No. 2
    Special Blend
    Honey Cavendish

If you want one of these just PM me your mailing addy and I'll send it out. I'm keeping the tins but you can have the baccy! That Philosopher has that smoky peat tin note...nice!

4. critter

critter Member

2015 in an egg and more coffee. woo hoo, clearing up, light winds tomorrow, high tide at 11 am and i'm taking the sil and gs fishing! gotta charge the batteries and load the boat

:csmile:

5. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

It's tragic news! I've had to crack open that jar containing two tin worth of Royal Yacht I was hoping to mature for my second dose of the stuff in the Benfield while deciding what film to watch next. 100g of my favourite baccy broken into! Oh the humanity!!!

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm a few moments away from smoking Alexander Bridge in a 2001 medium bend straight grain Karl Erik freehand with a silver ferrule. Listening to C-Span 3 lecture about the people in in the play An American Cousin and what happened to them in the aftermath of the Lincoln assassination. A bottle of Sprite is my drink.

sonarman, aggman, rondel65 and 21 others like this.
  7. InAbsentia

InAbsentia Member

Smoke it outside though or you'll have to sell the house since it'll be forever ghosted :)

8. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I'm smoking Anni Kake scraps with a pinch of Bob's Chocolate Flake thrown in the mix in the rekamepip oyster. About to walk into Applebee's for late lunch.

9. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

That same tobaccy in the same pipe is on my menu during tonight's Eagles/Cowboys game.

sonarman, jpberg, aggman and 19 others like this.
  10. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

Had a skiffle of snow last night, so now that the sidewalk and driveway are shoveled, the chicken breasts are marinating in "secret sauce" for grilling this evening, and all the bird feeders are filled, I am enjoying a bowl of Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake (thanx Eric) in my MM Diplomat with Forever Stem. This is really good - smooth smoke and lasts all the way to the bottom. This will be a great addition to my mix. Have a great day everyone,
    ~ ZM

11. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

12. olddog

olddog Member

I'm finishing off another small bowl of Leo while listening to the rain. (I was feeling fit enough to consider dipping into my favorite tobacco again, "Old Dog", but thanks to the weather I couldn't quite shake the association between "old dog" and "wet dog".) A couple hours ago my trustworthy mason jars of tobacco started popping like they always do when the pressure changes. Several of the jars I sealed off when Hurricane Sandy came over, and I know the day they make noise I better pay attention.

sonarman, aggman, rondel65 and 22 others like this.
  13. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Aged Stonehaven with wonderful bands of sugar crystals running through it in the Jack Howell Dublin. A lovely Pusser's Rum Mug aka PRM of deep dark strong Sumatra.

[​IMG]

14. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Watching Carolina/Atlanta game. Smoke wise, started the afternoon with the last of the tin of London Mixture I in a mm Diplomat cob. Then took two Dr. Grabows out of the rack, the Savoy and Omega and started on Middleton Walnut. After sitting here for a year, this is finally tasting good. Should finish it in January.

15. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I've got another bowl of Carter Hall going in the MM Mizzou. More black coffee to drink. The outside temp is down to 26.1*F with a wind out of the NW at 4-9 mph. Perfect smoking weather here by the stove. Puff on!

olddog, sonarman, aggman and 25 others like this.
  16. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Good evening,
    Smoked pork chop for dinner, smoked pipe for dessert. :)
    C&D Riverboat Gambler in a Tinsky while playing online poker - the advertising text on the tin says: "The odds are with you, when you smoke this blend".
    We'll see about that...

olddog, jhguthlac, sonarman and 26 others like this.
  17. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

How would you compare Walnut to John Bull, or are they completely different?
    I'm guessing Walnut is more of a crossover blend with a hint of Latakia?
    Either way I still like John Bull and will have to check out Walnut one of these days.

About to smoke some Sir Walter Raleigh in an MM Washington straight :puffy:

olddog, sonarman, aggman and 19 others like this.
  18. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

Pm sent!

19. SmokingRhino

SmokingRhino Member

Old Gowrie in a Zavvos horn, can of cider on the side!

olddog, sonarman, aggman and 19 others like this.
  20. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Now smoking Best Brown Flake in my favorite flake pipe, an Edwards Virgin pot.

olddog, sonarman, jpberg and 20 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.