What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Opened a new pouch of IRC Old Colonial and promptly put it into it's jar (with a little illustration of a mansion I taped to the jar :) )
    Also packed some in one of 3 cobs I've chosen for today's smoking: an MM Pony Express. :puffy:
    I really, REALLY need to turn these into churchwardens with those $$ Forever Stems. The problem, as always, is the $$.

olddog, sonarman, aggman and 20 others like this.
  2. ken davis

ken davis Member

CH/PA ina DrG Omega

olddog, sonarman, aggman and 21 others like this.
  3. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Duck, Me pappy never did want me smoking round him at all. Plundered me first pipe at 16 and never looked back. Dad smoked unfiltered Lucky Strikes and Pall Mall. Hard core, but, frowned down on the pipe, :xd:. Both were straight unfiltered baccy but, for some reason he did not like the pipe. Wasn't till I was 30 before he came round...:bing:

4. JRobert

JRobert Serious Cat Forum Guide

Solani ABF in a no-name billiard.

olddog, sonarman, jpberg and 22 others like this.
  5. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

:drly:

6. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Getting outside for a smoke before the Patriot's slaughter of the Bills "game" starts.

MB Golden Extra in the MM straight Patriot (for good luck, of course!)

I really should order up some Patriot Flake so it can be a fully-Patriot experience.

7. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Riverboat Gambler might be one of the worst blends by C&D. Harsh as hell, combined with hardly any flavor apart from an artificial sweetness. Besides - the odds are not with you when you smoke this blend - I can tell. Dumped the bowl and will never smoke this again.
    Now smoking some Elizabethan Mixture in another pipe to forget this experience. Puff on!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  8. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Snake, Just don't blink or ye be another 5 pages back... Lot's of good pipe mates on board today!!

Enjoy yer baccy, get plenty o rest and try to keep pace :toast:!

9. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Had a great idea...blending McClelland Black Shag Virginia with Five Brothers Burley 50/50. Quite nice! :)
    The two angel hair, shag cut tobaccos blend together nicely. Sweet, smokey, and now nutty flavor while puffing the mix in my MM Mizzou "baby churchwarden" :puffy:
    Have I done this before? Just got deja vu...

olddog, sonarman, jpberg and 22 others like this.
  10. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

Poul Winslow No 1.

olddog, sonarman, Beefcube and 25 others like this.
  11. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Sutliff French quarter in a Rekamepip cob.

olddog, sonarman, aggman and 21 others like this.
  12. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye, Switchin up to Squadron Leader in the Pete Rhodesian with a side car of Michelob Amberbock. :toast: Cheers lads and lassies :chug: :sailor:

olddog, sonarman, aggman and 22 others like this.
  13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Tilbury in the new-to-me GBD...this is seeming like it will be a champion pipe once it's used to being smoked again.

Two smokes in the same day while staying with my parents....this makes it a good day, and must mean the weather is fairly warm

olddog, sonarman, aggman and 19 others like this.
  14. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye FBJ, Nice rig ye have thar :gjob:.

15. DS86

DS86 Active Member

Sea Breeze in a KSI bent apple saddle bit. This tobacco is somewhat similar to Molto Dolce, and without the chemicals. $5.62 for 2oz. Ye Olde Briar Shoppe in Vallejo. I lost faith in aromatics til I found this one.

olddog, sonarman, aggman and 18 others like this.
  16. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Started Golden Extra in a no name banded medium billiard for the drive home... Got home and had some lunch. I am now about to finish it.

Next up is Sail Yellow in a Grabow Westbrook bent bulldog

olddog, sonarman, aggman and 22 others like this.
  17. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

I wrote: I think no brand will want to be associated with this uniform.
    Nowhere says about pipe design. I am sure you have seen in films a close-up for the watch of the protagonist and clearly read the name of the brand. Do you think that any pipe brand would do this in that film? Can you imagine for example in a film with Goebbels a close-up to his lighter so anybody can read the brand? That's i am trying to say.

I have some Calabash too,you can see them in my blog and i my posts here. I have post photos from many movies with a Calabash pipe.

I lost my grandfather [a Hero of 3 Wars] from Germans and my father saw his house burn to the ground from Germans. Nobody wants such a repeat.

I suggest to buy a Gourd calabash, for me it's the epitome of pipe smoking especially with Aromatics.

olddog, jpberg, Lucky Duck and 12 others like this.
  18. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Still smoking the Black Shag/Five Brothers in the MM Mizzou :puffy:
    Non-smoking guests will be arriving for dinner in about an 1 -1/2 hours, so I'm filling my bedroom with smoke instead of the living room.
    Thinking about some evening coffee for drink.

19. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

p120d16y said:
    Anyway, I want the pipe and I want a huge gourd calabash like this one. I couldn't think of another picture of one like it, and smokingpipes doesn't have one. I was hoping a famous brand like Peterson, Dunhill, etc. would still make them.
    If you have the cheddar, and want the finest, I recommend you look at these:

http://bestmeerschaums.homestead.com/GOURDCALABASHPAGE.html

Aye p120d16y has found a great resource, and Harry got a great one too fer a lot less cheese!! :th1:

20. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I've been busy with various things, and am almost finished smoking Germain's Brown Flake in a 2002 medium bend smooth straight grain Karl Erik freehand with a pointy bottom. Thinking about my next smoke, and whether or not to work much the rest of the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.