What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Just returned from a non surprising lions loss, but a lot of laughs with bigJ. 3 cigars and 8 beers later I am feeling well. I'm in the driveway finishing up a bowl of PS nougat in my savinelli Roma.

2. highstump

highstump Active Member

No excuses other than just plain LAZY. I haven't even looked the computer in 3 days. Today has been a little of this and some of that. Right now I'm burning some SWR in a Stanwell poker.

3. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Spent most of the day getting caught up on some much needed yard work. Grass is cut, beds are raked and trimming completed. Relaxed afterwards with some PS LBF in my Secret Santa pipe. A bent Wessex Brandy/ Apple? Heck I don't know. Branple? Have a fine evening my friends!!

4. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well over 300 pages to close out 2013 and we still have some time to go. I'm closing out my night with a second bowl of Mixed Bag in Charlie Brown yet again since we're still having what Stormy is emptying out on us. So to the night crew and Mrs Calabash, get a job :laff:, and to the rest of you in PSF Land, Happy Puffing see you in 3 or so! :whis:

5. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Norwegian in a brown GBD Prehistoric pot

6. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

A good day deserves a good smoke. I am smoking Penzance in a BST.

7. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

after smoking Autumn Evening and Holiday Spirit all day I'm rounding off the night with a bowl of 10 Russians and a glass of red wine.

8. jwh891

jwh891 Member

Peterson Irish Flake in a Peterson 6

9. moosecop

moosecop Member

aaaa yes a Packer win deserves Molta Dulce in my bent Nording Moose Pipe.. Sorry Eric on your Lions,, maybe you need to move...but it was close in both games.. nail biting here ..I hate that..

10. Dobacco

Dobacco Member

Ahh, good stuff 5100 it is!

11. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

I'm over at my grandpas and I could have swore he told me about 2 years ago he got rid of all his pipes. He still has all of his pipes, including a really nice gourd calabash like I've been wanting! I just took a picture of an entire case of Velvet tins that he has, all full, about 40 years old. He's not wAnting to part with any of the tins! I told him I'd give him a hundred bucks for the case. Man, I'm surprised!

12. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

He wants to know how much a dozen 1.5 oz pocket tins of Velvet is worth. Anyone?

13. critter

critter Member

5 o'clock shadow in the meer with a landshark and a good view of orion in the east. granddaughters want to go fishing now too, so the fishing trip has turned into a boat ride. more fun than watching grass grow though

14. kb7get

kb7get Member

Would not think a whole lot. Earlier this year I got 7 14oz tubs of 1971 Velvet for $70.00.

15. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Well, I worked like a demon to finish a busy part of my current project, and got it done while smoking :nwor: VaPer Three Nuns in a 1999 smooth dark brown full bend Tim West ball. It's been at least a couple of years since I smoked this pipe, which has only known one tobacco blend since I bought it. I know one day that will change, but it won't be soon!

Well. since Suzy and Molly were good enough to allow me to work in peace, they are going to get tuna, and then I'll get a new smoke and a drink.

16. JimInks

That's a great looking pal you rescued there! I'd say you both got lucky! :nwor: Hearty congrats to you for your kindness!!!

17. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Troost Slices in a Jesse Jones straight bulldog

18. shardy53

shardy53 Member

Captain Black Dark. All Black Cavendish in a 1970's curved Italian basket pipe.

19. JimInks

My timing on my last smoke was very fortunate because m'lady had finished cooking dinner as I walked into the kitchen to feed the kittens. So, I'm relaxing after having a wonderful spaghetti dinner with a bowl of R-Blend in a 1983 medium bend, mostly smooth, bottom rusticated Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier 3 Fait Main. This finishes the tin Sutliff sent me for review. I've spent the day listening to C-Span 3, which is American History TV on the weekends. Right now, they are playing a documentary about Hollywood and Nazi Germany, which is surprising me quite a bit. If you have any interest in the subject, you can go to their website and watch it live or from the beginning.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  20. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Congrats on the victory. I'll be jumping on the cheesehead bandwagon from here on out. As for the lions, we have pretty thick skin. This disappointment is an annual event since 1957.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.