1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

First and last smoke for today was a bowl (smoked as two half bowls) of Exhausted Rooster in a brand new bent billiard Barling system pipe. English Breakfast tea on the side.

Good morning to my northern hemisphere PSFers. I'm going to bed.

2. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

It's starting to snow here, so I was cleaning out the truck for my wife to drive to work and found the DGE cob I lost on our trip. Found a pipe and it's snowing, today is off to a great start. I am smoking Sugar Barrel in a pipe and drinking coffee from a cup.

3. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Sounds like a good morning.

I wish it'd snow here. I'm on the porch in cargo shorts and a t shirt. :bag:

4. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Good morning, Good people. It looks like one of the last warm days on the southern shore of Lake Erie, so the final touches on the yard and garden are in order. While contemplating such exertions; a ration of C&D Three Friars in a Caratan poker with pressed Sumatra is my companion. Fishing Tip: Camo headgear in imperative to fool the wily steelhead.

5. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Oh nice - great idea, I'll join you Paul! :toast:
    Good morning fellas - deciding on what to smoke couldn't have been easier this time. Sugar crystal coated broken flakes of Navy Cavendish from 2000 - yum.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    zacROK, Lucky Duck, User4408 and 21 others like this.
  6. tradewater

tradewater Member

Sixty-four degrees here (ice storm en route) but right now sipping a cob of Country Estate with some coffee after a waffle and some bacon. Life is indeed good.

7. Nickus

Nickus Member

Enjoyed a bowl of F&T special brown in my bent yello-bole. Thank you Hoss for the baccy!

8. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

2006 LNF in the Peterson smooth 302 system

9. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

I hear ya Stick. Warm foggy wet and muggy here. My lawn is in hibernation but with the warm temps, those ugly spring weeds are starting to appear along with fire ant mounds. My lawn must think it's late February. I hear an artic blast is coming in this weekend bringing cold and rain. All I want is some consistent cold and of course snow. If Stormy can make that happen, I'll gladly reward him with the tobacco of his choice!

10. WalkinStick

I've wondered how that ages. The oldest I have is 2012. Does it mellow or get spicier?

11. WalkinStick

I'd just like to see it once. Being a native down here, I never have.

12. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Decided to take Henry to school on the streetcar again so I could enjoy the walk back with a pipe.

Had a bowl of MCC 5110 in the Peterson bent bulldog. Put on a windcap because the wind really picked up.

Hope everyone has a great day.

13. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

'Stick, if you're still foggy this will wake you up...

14. WalkinStick

Yessir. Between the tattoos and the slide guitar that reminded me of the days when I played bars. Might have to break out my old dobro today. :th1:

Edit: Damn it, P. I almost just burned a hole in this cob watching her sing. :bag:

15. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

The Virginia mellows nicely, and the perique is a little subdued. It is more subtle, and it is very good. Having said that I like it straight out of the box as well - a little more edgy.

16. WalkinStick

Thanks, Father. I've been thinking about buying a pound and jarring it to send to new guys that want to try something cheap and easy to smoke.

I'm smoking Dockworker in a Diplomat now. This tin ain't gonna last long...

17. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

More PS LNF this time drinking tea, I think this would be a great introduction to VaPer and to flakes, fruity citrus, Spicey, deliciousness.

18. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

The best price is for 24 oz. This is one of those remarkable smokes. It is a great intro to flakes and VaPer's. I was on retreat at a conference center in California last year, and of course all the pipe smokers formed a cohort on the patio. It is always interesting to see what guys are smoking. One of the priests there was a younger guy with a "birthyear" GBD Prehistoric Canadian. I asked him how you could have a birthyear GBD, and he said his grandmother gave it to his grandfather (new) when his grandson was born. He said really all he had ever smoked in it was LBF. That is another good one.

19. WalkinStick

That's a great story. LBF and LNF are definitely both good smokes. They're both a bit too mild for me most of the time, but sometimes they just sing. I've got quite a bit of all three luxury flakes. I just wanted to get a big batch going to give away.

20. just5042

just5042 Member

15 degrees out there the world is white. if we get any humidity it will surely snow WHAHOO! Irish flake in the St. Claude off and on all night. Thank you Coastie! May your feet stay warm and your pipes cool :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.