What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miller319

Miller319 Active Member

Ummmm. One of my favorite wines. I'm at work right now, so not smoking or drinking. Hopefully that will change tonight.
    Good news, Eric. Hope things continue to improve.
    Go for the sleep!

2. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Beautiful morning in my part of Texas, warm and sunny. High today? 80, high tomorrow? 33 with freezing rain.
    Started the day dgt'ing something, don't remember what, then it was bayou morning flake in a little rusticated billiard that I can't read the markings on...so I'm going to make beleve it's a Dunhill. That went well.

Yesterday the owner of the local B&M gave me the bowl part of a Stanwell bent Dublin with a military mount, he told me I could have it if I wanted or I could restem it and sell it back to him whatever I wanted to do.

I lucked out and had a stem that was a real good fit so with a quick ream and clean and a little heating and shaping, I'm now smoking some Walnut in my new-to me Stanwell, :p:

So far it seems to be a real good smoker. I finished the first pot of coffee so may go for a cup of tea instead of another pot.

3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Having an after lunch short and sweet smoke: St. George's Blend in a straight 1979 MM Legend.

4. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Yes I have tried it. And it turned me off to EMP for several months. It may just be me, but when I try normally tinned blends in the bulk format, they just don't taste the same. In fact EMP had no good taste at all. Like I said, its probably just me, but I found I should stick to the (way more expensive) tin formats.

5. JimInks

Going to feed the kittens again while I smoke Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. A bottle of Sprite is my drink.

6. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

That's what I figured. I've heard that about bulk nightcap also.

7. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Smoking McC broken Va flake in a Kaywoodie bent apple. Although I now live in CA I am a Michigander through and through, and once again we have been topped by the @&$)!&@ Buckeyes. In a recent poll of the top five states for cursing, Ohio was the national champion and Michigan number two. Damn!

8. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Rounding out the five cursing state are New Jersey (explains a lot Flatbush Paul), LA and Illinois.

9. beano

beano Member

I ordered mine monday as well and it shipped today :)

10. JimInks

Going to be busy working, so I'm listing this a few minutes early: Fox and Hound in a 1975 full bend black Dunhill Shell 52021. This will finish the pouch I was gifted when I visited the Sutliff Tobacco Company back in October.

Hope the mailman brings me my Smoking Pipes order today, though I really don't expect it until tomorrow.

11. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Lunch was tomato soup and a grilled cheese followed by Sunset Rum I picked up yesterday in the 13B. But, I think it might be better in the MM I won yesterday here on PSF courtesy of holymolar....beginners luck! Oh, and while I'm relaxing I'm spinning some vinyl...Bob Seger!

12. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

13. user3221

user3221 Active Member

fatcat2.jpg

14. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

Reminds me that I have to fill the feeders!

15. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Paul Olsen My Own Blend Jubileumsblandning in a bent Zavvos.

16. notrab

notrab Member

Equal parts five brothers and carter hall while drinking coffee that resembles burnt motor oil!
    I call it the “Finals week pick me up”

17. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Brian
    [​IMG]

18. JimInks

Yeah, Suzy's getting to be about like that. Molly's thin as a rail and faster than a lightning bolt.

19. JimInks

Listing this a few minutes early: Virginia Woods (thanks to Artistik) in a smooth full bend 1977 Crown Coachman 215 egg (Charatan second). I'm supposed to get the tobacco package today, so I'm waiting for the brown truck.

20. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Hey, hey, hey! I'm only a transplanted NJ'ite! I'm a Brooklyn boy, born and bred!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.