What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

After the boss got home we had sushi and I decided to go out for a smoke. Since she was hanging out I figured I'd smoke something quiet like Carter Hall. She hates it.

So I went inside and loaded up a test. Sextant in the BM. Thumbs up. The girl likes Latakia. Works for me.

I'm also finishing a 24oz Kirin Ichibahn on the side.

Lucky Duck, just5042, zacROK and 24 others like this.
  2. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Damn DSL:mad: I'm not even going to attempt to catch up as I never know if, or when, I might just go dead in the water. Our phone system is dying, the DSL blows and they use 10+ y/o equipment! As of Tuesday I will be on a cable ISP delivering 15 MBPS and should have no further problems. Also I've been testing the ability of my cell phone being able to keep a signal through my house, 2 carriers earlier could not do this but Verizon seems to have it just right, 3G in the front upper and lower part and 4G in the upper and lower part out back, waiting for the new iPhone 5s to arrive today and that will be our home phone line using our real phone # then on Tuesday it's so long FairPoint Communications it's no wonder your customers are leaving you in droves. RANT officially over.... :bing::bing::bing::ccup::ccup::ccup: and more to come smoking and coffee wise that is, hello PSFer's.... maybe! :confused:

Lucky Duck, just5042, zacROK and 24 others like this.
  3. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

I'll trade you, fishnbanjo .... the Buick needed a new master cylinder, rear brake pads and turn the rotors, rear shocks (air) and oh, btw the compressor wasn't feeding the shocks cause it had a split in the tubing and that was another tube kit for a total of 1400 simolians ... no more pipes for me for a while leastways not a new one .... thank gawd I found a nice way to relax ... where's my pipe!

4. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Had a cheap Muriel cigar on the way to work. It should have lasted all 28 miles... It lasted 4 miles. Oh, snowstorm traffic...

5. zappano

zappano Member

Hi mates,
    my last bowl St. Bruno is finish :(
    Now i've to decide what's next :)
    I already post my Pipe #12 in the "maker" thread.

6. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I hear you, but I bet the Buick has given more formidable service then this damn DSL has and considering I've been with them 11 years I'll have nothing to show for it save a modem, you can at least trade your car in if you wanted to. Best of luck getting it running right again, OBTW it's still going to be cheaper than the $5 K the Mercedes cost 1 1/2 months ago when the engine electrical wiring harness melted in my 19 y/0 SL500............ :confused:

7. soonersoftail

soonersoftail Member

OK, after 1 bowl each in 2 pipes I like it. After reading reviews on here I think I'll order a tin of Virginia Woods to compare.

8. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Yay my P&C order arrived! :)
    McClelland Red Cake and a pouch of Five Brothers.

Packed up some Five Bros in a cob and now I'm in nicotine heaven :puffy::snork::byg:

9. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Escudo in a DGE Bent Diplomat in the way into town.

2004 Red Cake in a BST Pot now.

Cigar next.

10. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

I just got some Five Bros today. I'm thinking about blending some with another Burley...Carter Hall sounds good :)

11. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I'll be going home from work with Steven Books First Pipe, this time in a Davorin Morta Bent Egg. Ice tea for the ride.

12. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Are there pictures of your mortas somewhere on the site Paul? I feel like I've seen them before, but couldn't find them.

13. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Last of this tin of Pete Irish Whiskey in the MM Diplomat

14. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Mine still has not shipped which leads me to believe one thing. I am going to get an email telling me something is not in stock. At least that is what usually happens when they don't ship the next day.

15. dBear

dBear Active Member

Aw, man, Rockbass always gets ALL the chicks! :mad:

16. Islayphile

Islayphile Active Member

My order from Saturday is still pending as well.

No new pipe for me today

:(

17. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I didn't understand any of that. Hell, I couldn't even discern what you are smoking. :msty: :poke:

18. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Hi Eric. Are you referring to an order from P&C? If so it might be helpful to know that I ordered from them on Friday, but never received any notice of shipping so I emailed them today and they quickly replied saying it was shipped on Monday. I go to the mailbox today and sure enough there it was.
    I think their shipping notifications/status update must be down.
    Great customer service by the way. I like P&C :)

19. dBear

dBear Active Member

+1 :)

20. dBear

dBear Active Member

Started the day with Uhle's #00 in the Kaywoodie PSF POY. Gonna finish work in a little while and I can get down to some real smoking. I love a short easy day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.