What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Well-Known Member

Smoking PS Proper English in a John Brumfit Rhodesian while waiting for Dinner, Happy smoking all.

2. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Just about finished with my bowl of Five Brothers...I had to slow WAY down to allow the enormous amount of nicotine to run its course. I have a very high nic tolerance and no tobacco ever has hit me so hard (I did inhale quite a bit though ;)). Five Bros is a spicy, earthy, tasty smoke as well. I like!:puffy:

Now packing up some McC. 5100 in a MM Washington.
    Hope everyone has a great evening.

3. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I've been to the movies for the first time in many years. I was watching the new Steven Soderbergh movie "Liberace". Nice movie, brilliant acting - anyone who knows that film, will understand that I need something manly now to neutralize what I've seen. So it's Latakia in a pipe. (FMOTT in Castello Sea Rock G56)

4. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Afternoon, fellows.

Red Rapparee in a gigantic Curt Rollar Dublin. It's almost smoking itself.

5. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Ahhhh what a good day it's turning out to be. I'm sitting here in nice weather on the balcony puffing away on my brand new Basil Meadows Rusticated Mariner! What a badass gnarly pipe this is! I filled its deep bowl only about 1/3 of the way with Prince Albert to start to break it in. So far, this thing clenches beautifully and smokes even better. I'm looking forward to a long relationship with this piece of art. Thank you, Basil Meadows!

On top of that, my shipment arrived from the local b&m so I'm sitting on tins of Special Latakia Flake, Brown Flake and Dorchester. I was late to get their announcement or I'd also have tins of Penzance, but I'm happy with what I got.

6. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today the Christians in Greece celebrate the St. Barbara who also is the "protector" of the Artillery. In Hellenic Army for those who serve there is holiday and in each Camp honours the Saint in church.
    This is the badge of Hellenic Army [Artillery] ,says "Power through Knowledge".

[​IMG]

Mac Baren Vanilla cream Loose Cut.

7. zappano

zappano Member

last bowl for the eve, is Mccl. Tudor Castle in Vauen POY 2004.
    Got the blues 2day, so i say good n8 @all

8. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Parallels my experience exactly - no notification, but the package arrived when I expected (today). PS Cubed Burley, Morley's Best, and Marble Kake BTW

9. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Just in from smoking as bowl of G H and Co Balkan Mixture in a Torben Dansk.

Can't get over how mild it is here!

Suddenly feeling the pressure of a looming deadline. Not getting out for as many pipes as I like. :(

10. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Nothing yet, but hopefully it gets here before the weekend.

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Almost done smoking Charlemagne in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.95) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega. A bottle of Dad's Root Beer is my drink.

12. Eric Pierson

Well, the stuff my wife is going through has had a disastrous toll on my waistline. I ate McDonald's twice yesterday and then for breakfast and had Arby's for a late lunch. I'm starting to feel like that guy from super sized. Well they told us we would leave around noon and didn't get out of there until three so the outdoor chores i was going to do pretty much went to hell as it is already dark, so I am in the garage with my grabow filled with escudo and I just noticed the replacenent stem that replaced the cracked original stem is already cracked. Anyone know where I can send this to get a stem that will last?

13. beano

beano Member

Peretti century in the cob for the ride home to the cape. Been looking forward to this bowl since I went to bed last night.

14. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:popc::popc::popc:

15. Santa

Santa Member

Santa is smoking Gentleman's Mixture in an Ivarsson. You're not.

16. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

McB HH Vintage syrian in a T. Cristiano VSQ

17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Smoking more of FlatbushPauls fine tobacco - Thank You !

this is the 3rd bowl in my new little black walnut pipe
    and this Steven Books HOC YoungMaster is tasting mighty fine

:th1:

18. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Come on down IB. it's 75 F here.

19. Eric Pierson

Santa, I want a davorin morta, a couple pounds of stone haven, a couple pounds of penzance, an old boy lighter, a sorring owl custom case, reckampip's Brian and a psf Tshirt. I've been mostly good. :rolleyes: Ill be sure to leave some mixture 79 out for you, but just don't smoke it in the house or you might drive us out into the cold.

20. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

December is my month for rereading Dickens, started with the Pickwick Papers, a particular favorite that keeps me chuckling. Smoking a bowl of a.m. Pipe in in an Edwards Virgin straight grain pot, making for a fun relaxing read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.