What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Cheers mate, yes on a mobile device, I just changed to another browser, thanks for your time, works great now.

2. Miller319

Miller319 Member

:bday:
    Is today the day? Or is this a anticipatory purchase (or belated for that matter)?

3. moosecop

moosecop Member

Note to Eric P.
    You have been good this year. You can put a Broan/Nutone Rangefan in the corner of the garage wall. also add a small space heater, tv set and chair . instant mancave and wife friendly. Signed, Santa.

4. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Um... and Angler's Dream. I had been waiting for this to be in stock ever since JimInks recommended it to me in June or something.

5. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Same problem I have. Chrome won't load the plugins but my other browser will. Not sure why. Glad it's working for you now. :th1:

6. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

My favorite of his is Hard Times.

7. Miller319

Miller319 Member

Actual vinyl or figurative vinyl?

8. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Relaxing and spending all of my money while smoking German's SLF in a Comoy's naked root bulldog.

9. highstump

highstump Active Member

Nope, no call. The fact that you are on probationary status tells me the job is with OSHA, and they did watch the videos. :whis:

I have to quit my job so I can get in here without being 30 pages behind. :cfsd:
    Tonight I am thawing out with some Nightcap in a Peterson Holmes Squire.

10. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Don't know why but for some reason after smoking that last bowl of Frog Morton
    i want to rub my nose and belly
    :msty:

11. Brit abroad

Going to try a bowl of something I put together myself, I think I will call it Nightshade, it's four parts C&D Pirate Kake, one part G&H Black Irish Twist and one part PS Luxury Navy Flake, let's see how this goes! Edit to add in a Falcon Classic Billiard.

12. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Actual vinyl ... I still have a pretty good collection of albums!

13. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Enjoying a wodge of Mac Baren Navy Mixture in a Sav 315 EX, washed down with a bucket of coffee to honor our forum's very own Weasel Fighting Champion ...

[​IMG]

The Nivea Creme is there to remove gunk from my pipe rims ... and it works like a charm. Problem is: the jar has been sitting there for months, undisturbed. As is the gunk on my pipe rims.

Last night I had something of a first ... perhaps one of the best bowls of my life. MB Virginia Flake in the Dunnie pictured above. When I first smoked VF years ago, it was THE most boring and nondescript tobacco I had ever tried. But last night it was so delicious and comforting that I just sat there puffing and doing nothing else for over a solid hour.

During that hour-long session I learned a new technique by accident. When I covered the bowl with 2 fingers to revive a sluggish burn, I applied a bit more pressure than usual and this REALLY stoked things! The glow was so healthy afterwards that I was able to take effortless small sips with no concern of it going out. And it burned all the way to the bottom without a single relight. Plus, the intensity and duration of the smoke gave me a satisfying bout of niccups. It doesn't get much better than that.

The technique is to draw briefly against a LOT of pressure by covering the bowl more tightly. In the past I covered the bowl too loosely, which had only a mild stoking effect.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  14. Islayphile

Islayphile Active Member

Today is the day

With some luck it'll get here tomorrow

:bing:

15. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Even though I really want to just keep smoking my new Basil Meadows pipe, I think I shouldn't go too hard on it right away. I already smoked two pipes of PA through it. So, I'm finishing off my tin of Old Ironsides in the Ben Wade pot. I gotta start finishing some of these before I crack the new.

16. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:ccup: Folgers
    :puffy: MB Club blend

17. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

I call mine the pipe that never sleeps. I'll put 5 bowls through it some days. Hasn't killed it yet.

18. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

PS Cubed Burley in a Kaywoodie bulldog

19. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Great expectations and a tale of two cities are mine.

20. Brit abroad

My Nightshade blend isn't bad at all, apart from the obvious nicotine content the most dominant component seems to be the Perique, very little burnt steak taste from the twist and the lat so far is taking a back seat, but then I have just smoked Pirate Kake, so I will give it another go tomorrow but maybe in the early afternoon when my palate isn't so tainted, could do with one part Oriental I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.