What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Argh!! "Has Been Discontinued" is as bad as "To Be Continued"... Blast their black hearts:mad:

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

At last the Stonehaven is dry enough to smoke, but still contains some moisture. Stonehaven in a 2002 medium bend smooth Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10. Working, drinking more ice tea, and listening to Mark Twain newspaper articles from the 1860s.

3. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Eric, Ye has made Mr Clark W Griswold proud!!

4. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Its Wednesday evening here and the weather is really weird as it is currently almost 50 degrees F. outside and I just had to go out and enjoy the evening after a long day of work. Decided to load up my Scott Hudson reverse Clabash poker and experiment with some Drew Estates Central Park Stroll. There is very heavy cloud cover and no wind--the smoke from my pipe laid heavy and the notes of caramel with a slight hint of chocolate seemed to be coming through. A rather pleasant smoke as I know that in the very near future mother nature will blow this front out as the cold air will move back in--so I just had to enjoy the night air as warm as it is--its rare--just like those moments in life where one can pull back--fire up a pipe and just be still and contemplate the 'whats, whys, wheres and hows" to include the ups and downs that life hands us. I kind of chuckle to myself as I realize that I'm an odd little duck swimming in a grand and wonderous lake known as life.--God bless you all and I bid you a good evening.:bing::bing::bing:

5. Themadking

Themadking Member

A bowl of GLP Tele Hill and a dog walk on this balmy 5 degree (Fahrenheit) evening. So cold I can barely taste the smoke.

6. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Muddler, Tis a fine GBD pipe ye has there lad!:thu:

7. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

What would happen if you mixed those two up?
    :startl:

8. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye Dwaugh, Congrats on yer new job... Ye has been promoted from Bilge Rat to Powder Monkey!! Now keep yer powder baccy dry!:appl:

9. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Aye CptBeef, ye be careful now.. ye could wind up cafictine bomb that could delight the palette :drly:

10. PyrateMate

PyrateMate Active Member

Eric, Sorry to hear your news and will keep you and the Mrs. in my prayers.

11. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Very glad to have found Dickens lovers here, Father Tom and Eric, Hard Times is next in the stack followed by A Tale of Two Cities. I always save A Christmas Carol for Christmas week and try to fit Great Expectations in for New Years. Now smoking SPC Mississippi River in a cob.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  12. thedismaltrade

thedismaltrade Member

Penzance in a savinelli billiard

13. User4408

User4408 Active Member

In the interest of science, you should give Dr. Pavlov a real test by putting 5 rounds of PK through that pipe before handing your wife the credit card. I betcha that'll get at least a wince. If not, then you, my young man, have preternatural ability in matters of spousal selection.

Be aware though ... the boss might like you to smoke latakia because she knows that such odors will instantly repel any other female within sniffing distance. Yes, women are ALWAYS a shade more clever than you think they are. You're married now, so someone had to break it to you gently. Just remember ... we're all in this together.

My wife is making roast chicken (my favorite), so it's Melange (her favorite) in a meerschaum while queuing up Sense and Sensibility (our favorite :whis:) in the DVD player.

14. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Enjoying my last smoke of the evening, Exhausted Rooster in a MG Tomato. Sipping on some Makers Mark Bourbon to counter all the coffee I drank today. Think I'll pick up a few more tins of this in my next order. Goodnight mah friends!

15. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Well-Known Member

Time to hit the hay, goodnight and stay safe.

16. Miller319

Miller319 Active Member

Inspiration to pull out my leather bound copy of Dickens. Now, what to smoke while reading it.

17. Islayphile

Islayphile Active Member

Thanks Eric

18. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Esoterica pembroke with some age on it in a G.G. Poker.

19. Miller319

Miller319 Active Member

20. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Happy Birthday to Islayphile and Bernard! WOOHOO! Here is you party-in-a-post!
    bdpbdpbdpbdpbdpbdp
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.