What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Smoking some HOC For Meershaums Only, thanks Paul, in a Falcan. Cold Coke Zero in a can.

2. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I smoked a mix of PA and CH in my Basil Meadows and my wife even joined in for a few puffs too. It's looking pretty good in the bowl so I think I'll smoke some navy flakes in it tomorrow. ..after I get home from fishing!

Goodnight PSF.

3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to Flatbush Paul, I'm smoking Compton's Balkan Mixture in a 1949 medium bend Dunhill Shell. That finishes this wonderful trade sample! An absolutely terrific English blend.

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

Yo, yo, yo, waidaminit! Where's the babes????

Wouldn't you know? Work called me back to it with a project that absolutely HAD to be done tonight. So now I get to find something to eat and figure out what to smoke for a non-work smoke. Think I may have to crack a new tin of Dockworker. Wish me luck!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  5. dBear

dBear Active Member

Decided to have a half bowl out of the remnants pouch in my black rock cob while I ponder my choices.

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, YAPPG and 21 others like this.
  6. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

[/quote]
    Fixed it! Thanks for reminding me.

7. dBear

dBear Active Member

Much better. NOW it's a party!

:banana: I'm dancin', I'm dancin', uh-huh, I'm dancin'!!!

8. JimInks

Listing this a few minutes early: PS Cube Cut in a 1980s made in London no name smooth straight apple. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with frozen floaty li'l icebergs is my drink. Working and listening to some music.

9. AustinLM

AustinLM Active Member

My face was smoking today during OC training. Despite copious amounts of water, re-lights were common and there was also a considerable amount of tongue bite.

10. zacROK

zacROK Member

Finished packing and cleaning last night and decided to have a pipe with my last can of beer. Then I woke up early and decided to have a pipe before work. CH in a MM Legend and PS LBF in another MM Legend. The two pipes that I have not packed. Now for a long day arguing with an incompetent employer that is clueless about how the world works fallowed by moving out of the apartment I am living in. Tomorrow is my last day working in my current position and I couldn't be happier. I already have an idea about what I will be smoking tonight. I will keep you posted.

Lucky Duck, YAPPG, nicktrap and 22 others like this.
  11. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Escudo in a W.O. Larsen acorn, sippin' on Buffalo Trace.

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, YAPPG and 20 others like this.
  12. Austin

Austin Member

G.L. Pease Gaslight topped with Dunhill Nightcap in Basil Meadows Nose Warmer. For me, Nightcap is much better in small doses. This oddly went pretty well together!

13. muddler

muddler Active Member

Cloudy & warm here this morning in Pretoria. I'll be flying down to the coast to visit my kids today. Back in a week. Looking forward to it. Should get in some great bass fishing too.

Kicking off the new day with FVF in a GBD New Era.

[​IMG]

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, YAPPG and 21 others like this.
  14. dBear

dBear Active Member

Good fishin', Muddler! Take some pics, too. :)

15. JimInks

I've quit work for the night, and am part way finished smoking Three Friars in a medium bend 2002 MM Legend cob. A good friend sent me a copy of I Got a Name: The Jim Croce Story, and I'm going to do a little reading before I go to sleep. I just fed Suzy and Molly, so hopefully, they'll allow me to enjoy a chapter or two of this belated birthday present.

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, YAPPG and 20 others like this.
  16. JimInks

Just finishing Tilbury in a 2003 black grain etched Karl Erik Ekstravagant horn with a smooth top. Going to get one more smoke and a glass of Simply Orange.

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, YAPPG and 18 others like this.
  17. JimInks

Still reading, and my last smoke before sleep will be Voodoo Queen in a 1990 Peterson Irish Second Oom Paul natural. The Croce bio is interesting, though I question just how his wife knew some of the detailed dialogue Croce had in a few private talks with people, none of whom (including Jim) likely ever had a chance to, or would have, related them to anybody else as depicted in this edition. Some of the dialogue seems to have be "plussed" in the writing of this book, and others imagined. I could pick at a few other faults - factual errors, the wife's portrayal of themselves in several stories, etc. - but I guess this book is all we're ever likely to have.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  18. Deimitori

Deimitori Member

Good morning dear pipe smokers! A sunshine weather here in Athens, Greece! Smoking Gawtih, Hoggarth & Co.: "Four Squires Flake" in a Missouri Corn Cob and with a cup of filter black coffee with a little milk in it by my side.

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, YAPPG and 25 others like this.
  19. Deimitori

Deimitori Member

A very Happy Birthday to Islayphile and Bernard!

20. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Hello. Stress time, stress time. I'm ready to explode here. Smoking while I work: Special Latakia Flake in a Savinelli.

Going to try and be in bed in an hour or so… we'll see how that goes. In the meantime, tobacco and Bach will do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.