What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:poke:
    Happy Birthday !!!

:bday:

2. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Good morning fellow pipe men. I'm waking up with some germain's special latakia flake in an old comoy's Canadian with coffee.

3. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Morley's Best in a Rockcob for the drive to work - long day with a funeral at 11...

4. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Here is the pic's from the thread at the time I bought the last one. This is the one I smoked yesterday. I generally smoke Burleys and Oriental blends in it.

http://pipesmokersforum.com/communi...c-morta-pipe-in-the-making.28015/#post-557282

This is the Bent Dublin/Half Tulip/Billiard, I'm not sure what shape to call it. Lol! It is Bicolor Morta. it looks lighter in the picture than it really is. The flash had something to do with that I guess. It is quite dark to the naked eye. This is my favorite English/balken blend pipe.

I also have a Saddlebit Billiard from Davorin but could not find any pictures of it. I will have to take some new ones when I get a chance.
    [​IMG]

zacROK, surlysoul, User4408 and 27 others like this.
  5. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Good Morning,
    To start the day off I had Steven Books First Pipe in an Ascorti Signature Full Bent Egg with black coffee.

Happy Smoking,
    Paul

6. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

First bowl on this Thursdy morning is Father Dempsey in a Meadow's Devil Anse. I needed something to get me going this morning after a day like yesterday. Running a wee bit behind right now. Have a fine fine PSF kinda day!

7. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Good morning all, Night Train in Erwin's Egg. Coffee, black. 60F and windy, this can't last.

8. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Good morning Hooligans, PS LNF in a Viking Copenhagen.

9. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

:bday: Bernard. Enjoy. My 40s were the years everything I did in my 20s and 30s started catching up with me.

Raining, windy and 57 in Louisville. Beginning of what is supposed to be a nasty stretch of weather which will take us down to 22 and snow by tomorrow night.

4Noggins Otter Creek in a hearty Sav 1641 w/ coffee this morning. Have a good supply of 4Noggins Prairie Wind VaPer on hand I need to put a dent in this month along with a nice jar of my GE/5100/Perique blend that should be hitting it's prime as well. Will work on both today and throughout the weekend. MM General and CGs are the preferred method but I also have a couple Pete 312s that are equally up to the task with these baccies.

Enjoy the day.

10. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

No pipe last night nor this morning. I felt a chest cold coming on and started taking medicine to loosen the congestion. I think I felt better before the medicine. So, for a day or two, I will smoke vicariously through your posts.

11. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

To say the sun is coming up would be a bit of a stretch, but it is getting light outside, total overcast and 28 degrees with a stiff north wind, a considerable change from yesterday's 80. It's supposed to start raining shortly.

I'm smoking McC # 14 in my new to me Stanwell bent Dublin with the plateau top. Looks like it may be a coffee all day kind of day.

:bday: To Bernard and Islayphile

12. psquared

Santa's a mean drunk.

13. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Cabin fever no doubt!

14. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

The weather this week has been a drag and had prevented me from getting everything done by wends . I should have the cabinets done today +or- a bit and can finally start my pipe cabinet display tomorrow ... it's killin me , I want to start it bad .
    Smoked China black Fire Cured throughout the day yesterday and will probably do so again today because I filled my roll up all the way yesterday . Got a Kaywoodie Relief billiard , Medico blast lovat , Legend cob and a Whitehall meer lined small bulldog in the truck ... I'm looking forward to abusing one or more of them

15. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

I didn't even have one smoke last night! That's how tired I was. Today, I made it a Dr. Grabow morning. EMP in my new Riviera, followed by 4th Generation 1897 in the Omega. Good stuff!

16. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I know that character.
    Black Axe from the
    Mouse Guard graphic novels.

Happy birthday to BL, and any
    belated I may have forgotten.

This morning I'm loading up some
    Semois in a meer bowl that OT
    gave me. Sending plumes of well
    wishes across the pond.

17. Santa

Santa Member

Carefull, little Paddy, or the only present you'll be getting will be one scraped off the back of the mucking shovel.

18. psquared

I've been bad all year, so my expectations are already low.;)

19. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Started the morning with a fantastic bowl of GLP Charing Cross in a Torben Dansk with some coffee.

I never got around to putting this tin in a jar so it's drying out pretty fast. I'm thinking I might try and smoke the rest of it before I head out for Christmas and have some ordered for when I return. It's a good time to finish off a couple of tins, maybe a new Christmas tradition! The annual emptying of tins, sounds festive enough for me!

Also, I can't seem to get enough of Danish pipes! I think I need more of them!

It is a balmy 48 degrees here, about 10 celsius. It is going to be areal shock to the system when winter comes back!

20. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Ha! Is that from Mouse Guard?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.