1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beano

beano Member

Peretti Century (again) in the cob. This is my first English blend and although I am not falling in love with it, I am intrigued and will be sampling another English soon...maybe Frog Morton or EMP????

2. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

You can't go wrong with either of those two, but I personally prefer EMP.

Still smoking a bunch of Burley in my MM Cob :puffy:

3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Up a little early for no particular reason. Stormy's here for a visit, and I didn't even notice until I went outside. Those silent, but deadly guys sure can be sneaky! Just finishing Old Vienna in a 1979 no name French briar smooth full bend egg, and going for a new smoke, and another glass of Simply Orange.

4. JimInks

Found out a neighbor received a package that was supposed to be delivered to us because the company put the wrong address on the label. This is the second time that's happened, though we didn't learn that until just now. When they come home, I'll go over and see what they say. If I get no results from the conversation, Fed-Ex will investigate. I don't know these people, but I know what I'm thinking at this moment. Might catch them as easily as I caught this bowl of Angler's Dream in a smooth 1998 Parker 489 three quarter bend Billiard.

5. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Jim, that really sucks. Hopefully they'll do the right thing and give you your package once they realize the mistake.
    Is it just sitting on their front step? I think you'd be within your rights to go over and get it. Since they aren't home, make a show of knocking on their door for a while first. Of course, if someone else sees you taking the package...might cause some problems.
    Then again it might be best to just wait til they get home. Maybe you could walk over there right as they're arriving and explain the situation.
    Anyway man that's frustrating.

Smoking IRC China Black Fire Cured in a MM Washington :puffy:

6. beano

beano Member

I know if I was in that situation I would have mailed the package back to sender, if I didn't recognize the name on the package. Keep an open mind and give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe nothing nefarious going on. I know one rule in conflict resolution is to give someone a way out before accusing them, its disarming and allows an admission of "wrong doing" with out admitting malice. So both parties get what they want, one gets the truth and the other gets to not get in trouble.

*not enjoying this Century, burns too hot*

7. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

C+D Bailey's Front Porch in a DGE Cob, Coffee.

8. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Back from ivIG in a Benadryl Cloud.... having a bowl of PS Luxury Navy Flake in the thick walled MM Diplomat with blue and white Forever Stem, a PRM on the side waiting for Turkey Soup to be warmed up...........

9. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Just about to smoke some McClelland 5100 Red Cake in my Va. dedicated MM cob.
    Nothing quite like slowly sipping the sweet Red Cake while lounging on the couch. :puffy:

10. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Just had some Irish Flake in the back garden, the charm offensive didn't work. A not so fond reminder that smoking outside in high winds isn't quite so accommodating as one would like.

Once again, thank you for all the birthday wishes, it's very kind of you all. The cookie and the noteworthy thanks, though, must go to Wicker for the excellent birthday card and passport to the Holy Land - thanks boss.

11. JimInks

What happened is the company m'lady ordered from sent out two packages on Nov. 19, which never arrived. They sent out replacements, which were supposed to be here yesterday. When m'lady called the company this morning, she was told that the company typed in a "6" instead of a "5" as the last digit of our mailing address. Whoever lives across the street is not home right now, but I will go over when I see a car in the driveway and inquire. I plan on being cool, but two deliveries of two packages each, and silence from these people doesn't exactly sound good. If nothing results from my inquiry, the mailing company will have Fed-Ex investigate.

12. JimInks

While waiting for lunch, I'm smoking, thanks to Artistik, Virginia Woods in an early '70s pebble relief Savinelli 315 Prince. I've just enough left for one more bowl.

13. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Umm...Pelican and Hardcastle. Definitely an echo.

14. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Uhle's #00 in a GBD New Standard Billiard with ice tea.

15. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

This picture reminds me of . . . . Oh, nevermind. :rolleyes:

16. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Well, it is full of
    pipe smoking rodents.

GH Broken Flake no. 7
    in the York Extra with
    apple bowl. It's 82F out
    and I'm thinking about
    changing into shorts.

17. just5042

just5042 Member

Had a half bowl of shortcut to mushrooms thank you Cigarsarge. First time andi really enjoyed it.

18. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Still sipping Red Cake in my newly sanded MM cob :puffy:

Funny, but last night I decided to sand off the finish on the bowls of all my cobs. They look good as new, and maybe will get a chance to darken better without the varnish.
    Probably my imagination, but the sanded cobs seem to smoke even cooler than before. Hmmm, maybe I'll stain or paint a few of the bowls...I can never leave well enough alone haha :)

19. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

That's true! I've met the creator and have corresponded a tiny bit, I should ask him if he's a pipe smoker. I've noticed a small number of pipe smokers in comics.

20. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

A bowl of G H and Co Balkan Mixture in the Brigham rusticated apple. Smoked while doing a bit of yard work.

I think I'm getting a little tired of this blend but I'm determined to smoke the last few bowls to free up a mason jar for the Solani Silver Flake. (GH & Co BM is still a great tobacco but Charing Cross is a similar and superior blend, in my opinion, so no point in having 4 or 5 variation of this type on my tobacco shelf)

Really going full guns on work, need to get a draft wrapped up by tomorrow as the family is spending the weekend in Stratford. My days seem to be working full out until someone hands me a baby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.