What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beano

beano Member

Finishing off a tin of MacB VA Flake. In a cob of course!

2. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Took Blue for a nice morning walk, he was one happy camper, it sure beats roaming the streets of Taiwan. Now smoking McClelland's 2010 classic Va broken flake in my dedicated Va flake GBD Prehistoric pot.

3. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

A good fishing trip this morning. I went with a guy I'd only fished with once before who's a lot better than me and who is a good teacher. I love that. It was too rainy for a pipe, though. I just had a cigar.

Now I'm about to smoke an exciting pipe. I'm smoking my new Basil Meadows Rusticated Mariner with two of the coins of the well-aged Dunhill Navy Rolls that WalkinStick sent me.

4. AustinLM

AustinLM Active Member

Gonna be a cellar day with a buddy of mine. We each dig out something that has been sitting a while (either ageing or otherwise) and try it out. I'll probably take some 3 Oaks Syrian and LBF.

5. Albert

Albert Active Member

Kickin Chicken in a Spillcob .....

6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Morning Coffee and a bowl of John Bull in rock cob

Edit:
    Wait i already did that - a few hours ago
    :doh:

7. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Fresh Pot of Coffee
    and a bowl of John bull in rock cob

feels like it is going to be a long day

8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Almost finished smoking Top Shelf in a slight bent black pattern etched 1977 Lorenzo Lorsan Sigma level top with a gray swirl colored stem. A can of Mountain Dew is my drink.

9. JimInks

Here's the update on the package situation: I saw my neighbor was home, so I went across the street, and the lady had both boxes by her front door on the inside. She was going to return them to Fed-Ex, but hadn't yet. Fed-Ex not only put the wrong house number on the box, but they misspelled our last name, too. Anyway, the neighbor didn't know our last name, so she didn't know to inform us about the packages. I believe her because we've had almost no contact with them since they moved in. All's well that ends well. What a relief!

10. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Glad you got your boxes Jim. I've worked in that particular industry in the past and things can get hosed up. Taking a break at work and stepped outside on this warm cloudy and windy day to smoke a bowl of MacB Vanilla Ready Rubbed in Mini-Bent Bulldog. Room temperature Ozarka is my drink. I'm cutting out the pure cane sweetened soft drinks as well. Glad to see Old Ted making appearances.

11. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

PS Proper English, still smoking the Benton drinking lots of tea.

12. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

For my post lunch smoke I am smoking haymarket in my altinok Canadian. This is basically a vanilla aromatic that is the flagship blend of an old time tobacconist in grosse pointe Michigan. I figured something sweet would be a good followup to the blast of perique that accompanied my ride in this morning.

I usually smoke this in a briar and I think it is better that way as I am not really digging it in the meer. It is not a really good smoke anyway. I know I won't purchase anymore. It does have a good room note though and sometimes I get some taste of Virginia.

13. JimInks

Now smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. And going back to work.

14. zappano

zappano Member

Hi folks,
    my Single Malt delivery is in da house :)))
    Lagavulin Destillers Edition :punk:
    [​IMG]

15. Islayphile

Islayphile Active Member

Awesome!

:punk:

16. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

A package arrived this evening from WalkinStick and I ripped it open and let out a loud "woah!" It contained all the tobaccos I've been dying to try but can never seem to get as they are always sold out. My wife called down thinking we had recieved a giant bill , ha! Thanks so much, man!

First up is a bowl of 2009 Penzance in the Torben Dansk. Man, so happy to finally try this stuff. I've heard it compared to other tobaccos but it's really quite unique. Gorgeous, creamy smoke.

17. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

Good thing you didn't have to go all Edward G Robinson on that azz. I was ready to hear Jim had to paint them a picture of the rest of their life in a wheelchair.

18. Eric Pierson

Great another person I will now have to battle to get penzance. Thanks stick. Jk. Enjoy it. It is fantastic. BigJ sent me some a while back and I loved it.

19. Eric Pierson

:laff:

I can see it now. Jim pins them down waving earphones around their face while Suzy and Molly kitty scratch at them.

20. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Uhle's 00 in a Grabow bulldog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.