What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Now some Penzance in the Oscar Lucite...still cleaning house.

Yall quit being boners and go sign up for Secret Santa in the General Forums

2. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

307c in a Viprati. It'll never beat gaf, but it ain't bad.

3. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Bundled up on the balcony with some C&D Burley Flake #3 in the Brebbia Sabbiata Nera. Stormy needs to have a chat with his annoying brother, Windy, tonight. At least I've got a wind cap! Time to watch another episode of Dr. Who (the modern series).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  4. Islayphile

Islayphile Active Member

My kind of good time right there

:appl:

5. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

To honor Old Ted, who has been in my thoughts constantly, I'm smoking some Bulwark Flake in a Falcon with an Algiers bowl. OT sent me this in a trade. It has become one of my favorite blends.

Morse, Lucky Duck, Miller319 and 22 others like this.
  6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Been busy working and am taking a very short break. I'm almost finished smoking MacBaren Dark Twist in a medium bend straight grain 2000 Winslow C silver spigot. Planning my next smoke, but I already have my latest drink, which is ice water chilled to the proper temperature with some help from floaty li'l icebergs that once roamed the Arctic Circle.

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Decided to smoke Full Virginia Flake in a much cherished smooth straight grain three quarter bend 1979 Becker M 4 heart brandy. This is take a while to smoke, but I'll have time since I'm going back to work.

8. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

'07 Briar Fox in a Former bent silver spigot billiard, sippin' Bulleit Rye

9. Austin

Austin Member

PS English Oriental Supreme in Kaywoodie Gold. If you haven't tried some, do it. So far, my favorite tobacco.

10. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I went to check them out and of all things, they don't ship to Indiana. Unreal!

11. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Paul Olsen My Own Blend Jubileumsblandning in a brushed Zavvos canadian. PG Tips.

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

Got some Peretti London Flake going in the Squatch Stout Volcano. Finishing up a generic cola. Idly working just to get a jump on tomorrow's deadline.

13. zacROK

zacROK Member

Got moved out of my old apartment last night. I will be spending the next few weeks with a friend until my new apartment is available and my new job starts. Looking forward to a few weeks off and some traveling. Got a trip planned for Osaka, Japan. After that I will make a stop in Seoul, Daejeon, and Busan when I am back in Korea. Had a bowl of Nightcap in a GBD Rockroot Billiard and a bowl of Charter Hall in a Stanwell Nordic 19 last night after moving. This morning I had two back to back bowls of Sutliff Maple and Rum in a MM Legend. That stuff was pleasantly good. Last day at the current job, and I am looking forward to wrapping up all the loose ends.

14. dBear

dBear Active Member

What an exciting time for you, zacROK! Lots of new beginnings. Hope it all goes really well for you. :bing:

15. zacROK

zacROK Member

Standard issue English teaching gig in Korea is a year long contract. After a year you make the choice to stay where you are, find another job or go back to your native land. I have a new job lined up here that looks bright, they had a teacher working for them for 8 years, but need to wait for my new apartment to become available. One problem is that the apartment is part of the gig, no job equals no house. On the plus side, I have some great friends. I ride motorcycles with the guy that I am staying with and I get to smoke indoors. I have tried to get him into smoking pipes to no avail in the past. He smokes cigs but always comments favorably on the way my pipes smell. I am also starting a masters degree in January, so the next few weeks are like my last hurrah for some time. Life is changing for me, but I am still young.:bing:

Morse, Lucky Duck, Miller319 and 19 others like this.
  16. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Aromatic Dutch Slices in a Nording Freehand

Black coffee

17. Deimitori

Deimitori Member

Good day everybody!

Smoking in a Missouri corn cob a nice mixture made by a member of our pipe smoking forum "Hellenic Pipe Smokers Forum" (pipeclub.gr). It is the "Mixture No. 6" by Salan and the tasty incredients are Virginia from Agrinion area in Aetoloakarnania prefecture - Greece and Syrian Latakia. Aetoloakarnania prefecture is famous for the tobacco production including Oriental tobaccos and Virginia tobaccos.

18. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Old Dog, in a smooth bent, for the TGIF smoke.

19. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Melorning, everyone. Happy Friday! I'm posting from Wednesday evening's pages. I've got some catching up to da, as usual. I've started off. My Friday with Mac Baron Navy Flake in my MM Spool. A steaming cup of beef broth with a tea bag steeped in it is my drink. I keep forgetting to get more coffee filters. Puff on!

20. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Had a surprise waiting for me last night. A pipe I had ordered from P&C a month ago was out of stock., so I figured it was never going to happen. But there it was last night. A Baraccini Tulip, Rustic. HUGE pipe. Fired up a bowl of Irish Oak in it and it smoked beautifully. Really love a pipe as big as this one is. It was the only smoke I needed last night.

Morse, Miller319, zacROK and 22 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.