1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Just finished a cob of IRC China Black Fire Cured (CBFC).
    Not sure what's next...Prince Albert perhaps.

2. Islayphile

Islayphile Active Member

That was my exact thought when I first saw it last month.

Make sure to let us know when it arrives

3. AustinLM

AustinLM Active Member

4. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Enjoying some G&H LPF in the Barling Canadian. Plenty of hot PG tips tea to sip on. Radiators on and its nice and warm in here. Plenty of snow outside, that's enough, don't need any more!

5. AustinLM

AustinLM Active Member

TAD or PAD? TAD or PAD?! I'm about to pull the card myself!

6. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

PS Cube Cut in a Rockcob

7. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

EMP in a MM Diplomat straight forever stem.

8. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

:appl::haha:

9. Miller319

Miller319 Member

I remember those days. Now mine are 16 and 12. I have to stop and remind myself how quickly time passes. I love the times and experiences that come with the older years, but miss those hectic, crazy "baby days" too. Hang in there! The memories will be precious!

10. Miller319

Miller319 Member

Oh wow. I completely forot I had a tin of Dunhill Navy Rolls! Might have to crack that open this weekend. You guys are killing me. Like I don't have enough open tobacco already:confused:

11. Miller319

Miller319 Member

Good for you in handling the situation in such a gentlemanly fashion! Merry Christimas!

12. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Post lunch bowl is interlude by c&d in the red rock bamboo shaft rockcob made by our very own rekamepip. I just love this pipe. I am outside and it is cold dressed as I am. While I have secured the work truck for the weekend, it is on its way back from Grand Rapids right now so I must brave the elements. May have to go with a rare afternoon coffee to warm up after this one.

13. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Getting colder by the minute here .... don't know what to expect for the weekend yet, maybe some ice! Those are always the worst. H&H Daybreak in a cob!

14. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

Same here.... I'm looking forward to 5pm. ;)

15. Fr Tom

Fr Tom ora et labora

Uhle's 00 in a Jesse Jones bulldog

Drinking black coffee and writing some reflections about Advent before the chili dinner at church tonight...

16. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

P & W Nut Brown Burley in a Sav Opera Billiard with ice tea on the side for the ride home.

17. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Uh, no.... I really don't need to go there, in fact I will be selling some after the holidays since I now really see what pipes do not find any time in the rotation so it would be better if they spent time in somebodies rotation rather than collecting dust.

Now speaking of dust, i.e. your Rock Cob kind of dust, here are some photos of the Meerschaum bowls finished and in getting ready for finishing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I imagine if you have a lathe, or access to one, you could make the fittings and the bowls (red and black) for Falcon Pipes just like this fellow is in Turkey.

As for my day it's been a tempest in a teapot day! :confused: Got up late and immediately finished the 1/2 smoke left in the Rockin' Black Rock Cob etc. etc. from last night which was Luxury Bullseye Flake. I then had a slew of PRM's and off to a Brunch with our Cancer Group, smoked some 965 in the Irwin S. Cobb Cob to and back.
    Got Levi ready for walkabout and off to the SL500 for some tunes on the road. Smoked the Tsuge Tankard with Dunhill Flake during walkabout which made Levi happy as he missed one yesterday due to ivIG. Had another pipe, this time Stonehaven in the MM Diplomat with plum Forever Stem..... Hello PSFer's! PRM on the side :ccup:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  18. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Good afternoon guys.
    Just got back from taking in the car for yearly safety inspection...it passed, Yay :)

Smoking Sail Regular Cavendish in a cob for the first time. So far so good :puffy:

19. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Dontcha hate that yearly inspection ... I mean, it's like taking your kid to the doctor. Is everything all right, Doc ... last time in with the Buick cost me $1400. Don't get me wrong ... I don't want to drive an unsafe car but let's face it car repair is not 'repair' anymore, it's 'replace' and them parts ain't cheap! Just sittin' back waitin' for this storm to blow through and contemplatin' another bowl of Sunset Rum in the Kaywoodie 13B Author!

20. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Starting the day in s

Well if you could forward this request to Santa Claus
    a lathe would be nice to have - and a drill press too,,, sand paper ( lots of sand paper )

Thanks You !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.