What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChristTiger

ChristTiger Active Member

Any blends out there similar to Rooster, with more tanginess? That would be perfection.

2. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Woohoo! My order from p&c arrived; better than two pounds of assorted tobaccos. I really thought I was going to try something from the package, but somehow my subconscious is telling me my next bowl should be exhausted rooster. Hmmm, I will ponder where I got this notion while I puff on some escudo in my dry Oscar

I will leave you with this for my brothers of the psf to ponder as you enjoy your bowls. How can p&c s prices for esoterica tins be nearly a dollar cheaper per oz than the new price on their 8 oz bulks? :msty:

3. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Have you tried bayou morning flake? Not the bulk bayou morning that is a different tobacco. The vas are stoved which gives it a little something different. It is also a nicotine hammer. I enjoy it.

4. ChristTiger

Hmmm... I wonder? :whis::rolleyes:

5. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Enjoying a bowl of my Friday MB Plumcake in a Peterson Lestrade, while sipping on some Temple of Heaven gunpowder green tea ...

[​IMG]

6. ChristTiger

I haven't, but I'm adding to next order to try, thanks! :D

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Because someone there likely doesn't want to carry the bags and figures overcharging the public will solve the problem. In the month since they've doubled the prices on the bags, only one blend has sold out and that just happened yesterday.

8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to Flatbush Paul, I'm smoking Compton's Commonweal Mixture in a mid-1970s black rusticated straight Savinelli Estella 915 KS. I can get at least one more bowl out of the baggie! Ice tea as cold as it can be without being frozen solid is my drink.

9. ChristTiger

I don't remember the last time I smoked back to back bowls of the same blend, but Rooster bowl #2 starting now in a Pete Sherlock bulldog. Switching to Blantons. This blend deserves it. Life is good! :th1:
    Puff On!

10. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Digital? I thought you were more the analog type.

11. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I'm off to a meeting and I'm smking Edgeworth Sliced in a GBD New Standard Billiard with black coffee.

12. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Just finished smoking C&D Pirate Kake, delicious! along with the usual Tetley Tea, happy smoking.

13. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

This Kickin' Chicken was nearly moldy white with plume and is smoking excellently right now. Boy this is the best smoke I've enjoyed in quite a while. Haven't even sipped the Maker's Mark yet, this pipe is too good!

EDIT: About half way through and the vitamin N is starting to tell me to cool my jets.

14. ChristTiger

:rolleyes:
    I getting a bit tipsy too, but it could be the 2nd (3rd) glass of bourbon..,,,:rolleyes::chug::toast::beyes::buds:

15. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

McClelland Three Oaks Syrian. In that Savinelli Trevi 607. I smoke without the filter. I love the wide open draw.

16. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Just packed up for tomorrow's Fly Fishing Show in Portland ME, will be with rod maker Fred Kretchman in his booth, I'll bring some tobacco and pipes along in case someone stops by and wants to share a pipe. Last for the night was 965 in the MM Diplomat with plum Forever Stem. See you folks tomorrow, maybe early, maybe after the show ends. enjoy the night of puffing! :bing:

17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:$$:
    price increase on tins - the next time those are in stock

18. dying breed

dying breed Member

First pipe since Sunday. Been anticipating all day. ODF in the BC church warden. Ahhhhhh.....

19. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Dunhill flake in my Ruff-dog. Having pour #3 of Four Roses small batch.

Hope all you Ice victims are okay we missed it by about 90 miles.

20. highstump

highstump Active Member

We got our first snow today, not even an inch here but 30 or so miles south in the Corvallis area they got 6 inches or so. Portlandia got a little more than we did and it's now confirmed that folks in Portlandia cannot drive when the coefficient of static friction drops even a tiny bit.

Dinner is done with and I am burning some Edgeworth RR'd in a Comoy's 342.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.