What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdymora

cdymora Member

One of my favorite movies! Smoking some anni kake in a cob. Wind blowing hard tonight, but its unseasonably warm here. Supposed to be under a winter storm warning sometime this weekend. Weathers crazy here..

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Mr. Wooly, our famous International Statesman that the world knew under other names (one in particular) for many years, personally vouched for it. This batch of tea was specially made to cool me off after a hard day. I must have sweated off a couple of pounds at least or it sure seemed like it!

3. mitchell

mitchell Active Member

On to some CB white with a little Kentucky tavern bourban!

4. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Smoking a bowl of exhausted rooster in my altinok talon churchwarden because christTiger put me in the mood for it. In the work truck and temps in the teens. And I just realized I don't have a pipe cleaner. So I'm gonna run in the house and grab one. I'll be back in a few.

5. Miller319

Miller319 Active Member

Amen, Brother

6. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Bayou Morning in a Falcon. Another ice cold Coke Zero to drink.

7. JimInks

In honor of YAPPG trying to help me out on looking for tobacco, I'm smoking Tilbury in a 2003 black grain etched Karl Erik Ekstravagant horn with a smooth top.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    YAPPG, Lucky Duck, rondel65 and 19 others like this.
  8. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Ok, I'm back. I've since finished the ER and wanted to try something in the new order. The first one I decided was a mystery when I ordered it. I picked four 1 oz samples of ps aros. I chose pistachio, because it is my favorite ice cream, cake and I like the nuts, but IMHO they have nothing on a pecan.

Well, I can't say I am liking the tobacco so much, but fortunately moosecop has agreed to be my aro landfill, so this one will likely go in the hate mail pile.

9. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Pelican in the Bullit Proof Legend. It's a bit chilly this evening, but I've layered appropriately and should be alright. I still have a few more layers to go, as well as a different hat, before we hit January/February deep freeze temperatures.

10. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

Popped a tin of McClelland's Oriental #6 from 2002 and had a bowl in a City DeLuxe (GBD 2d) poker I just got off eBay and cleaned up.

Never had this blend in any vintage. First impression: one of the most complex blends I've ever had. There was some of the maple-ish burley note that I've experienced with McC's Grand Orientals series, but also some hints of coffee, a few high floral notes, and some almost honey-like sweetness. But it's subtle; it doesn't whack you across the mouth with flavor. Slow sipping is definitely rewarded.

11. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Well, that pipe went a bit too quickly, probably thanks to Windy, so now it's onto my last bowl of Elizabethan in the Vesz Dublin.

12. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

It's a mild 30F outside with the snow gently falling. Pittsburgh just got lightly blanketed with about 3" and I'm going to shake off the balcony chair and light up my Basil Meadows Rusticated Mariner with some Hamborger Veermaster. I'm going to do nothing but smoke and let my eyes look into the distance for a while. I spend a lot of hours staring at things close to my face. Gotta even it out a little bit.

13. Miller319

Miller319 Active Member

Everyone else in the house went to bed early. Holiday spirit in the MM diplomat. No yelling from upstairs so am now taking a chance with FMC in a Grabow lark. So far, so good. Warm enough here in my part of NC that I have the door/windows open to play it safe.

14. JimInks

Been busy discussing the merits, good and bad, of cole slaw on Facebook. Amazing how many people are so passionate about the subject. Now smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. Time for some ice water and floaty li'l icebergs!

15. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Stonehaven in a Joao Reis elephant's foot, sippin' on some Knob Creek

16. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

4 noggins killington in a Mr brog church warden.

17. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I'm enjoying Solani ABF in a Brebbia Jumbo Sabbiata Billiard with hot Earl Grey tea.

18. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Next up is McC 2010 in the BST Bulldog. I'm taking a quick warm-up break for toes and nose, then I'll head back out for the next pipe. Windy continues to smoke about half of my pipe for me, even with the windcap on :mad:

[​IMG]

just5042, zacROK, Lucky Duck and 22 others like this.
  19. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Listen you Mug, I like the fruity flavor in Stonehaven , see. So I smoke it straight out of the jar, see! I don't dry it see? I had to talk to ya in a manner you would understand, see. Myeah!

20. zacROK

zacROK Member

Had a couple more bowls of Sutliff Maple and Rum in a MM Legend last night at the. Then my friend decided he wanted a bowl when we got back home. He liked the smell and the taste. I loaded up my Dr. Grabow Lark for him. I had another bowl in a no named billiard.

Started today with a bowl of Dan Tobacco Buddies in a MM Legend and am now getting ready to have another bowl of Maple and Rum in my other MM legend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.