What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

I am enjoying the last of the 8oz of anniversary kake I bought nearly two years ago in my grabow freehand. It has been a good ride. I don't think I will rush to replace it, because I have way too many vapers at present and there are several more I want to try, even in the h&h lineup alone. Anyway, the coffee is doing its best to keep me warm on a cold December morning in the work truck. Good morning all.

just5042, zacROK, Lucky Duck and 29 others like this.
  2. mitchell

mitchell Active Member

A little PA before heading to the deer blind!

just5042, zacROK, Lucky Duck and 23 others like this.
  3. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

A local friend is joining me at work for a smoke at 9:00. It is a little brisk, and we may be in the rectory garage instead of on the patio.

Not sure what I will be smoking. I will have some Morley's Best in a Savinelli Capri bent bulldog for the drive in.

just5042, zacROK, Lucky Duck and 24 others like this.
  4. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

I finally got a bowl of AJ's VaPer smoked yesterday in a small Boswell slightly bent pot. Between coughing spells it went well. Less coughing this morning so I will try another pipe with another tobacco in a little while. I hate colds!

just5042, zacROK, Lucky Duck and 23 others like this.
  5. Kayla

Kayla Active Member

[​IMG]

Look out Wickerman! There is a pipe smoking animal in town. I believe him to be a muskrat. I got him in Anthropology, a US mall store. It's a combo of ladies clothing and nick nacks.
    Cheers
    Kayla

zacROK, Lucky Duck, Artistik and 22 others like this.
  6. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go…… Started the day with coffee and cobs full of Pa/5 Bros. Off to Michigan and Cabelas with a new/old car for GMS's #1 son.

7. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Hello everyone, after some housecleaning I'm now trying to relax with a big mug of coffee and a bowl of burley (Uhle's #00) in the Musico. Have a great weekend all!
    afterfocus_1384215908724.jpg
    Thanks FlatbushPaul for the nice burley! :toast:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Up early to help m'lady move and pack a few things for a craft show. While I'm at it, I'm smoking French Quarter in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer. Suzy and Molly are helping by not helping, which is a novelty these days.

9. Eric Pierson

Enjoy your trip. Oh yes, and go Spartans. ;):D

10. Eric Pierson

I like that pipe Simon. Very nice.

zacROK, WalkinStick, dBear and 9 others like this.
  11. sonarman

sonarman Member

Blessed to have some time off so I dug down DEEP in the cellar after having one of my first unspoiled by the rush of life thoughts be about Solani Silver Flake. First time I have had it and no complaints. After this it will be off to find a nice but well priced tree for Christmas. Enjoy your time Brothers!

12. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Happy travels Rockbass!

Good morning everyone.
    Prince Albert in a MM cob with LOTS of coffee to clear my head :puffy:

zacROK, Lucky Duck, Artistik and 22 others like this.
  13. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

I also have a tall cob full of Five Brothers for occasional puffing throughout the morning. Sometimes one needs a little nic in their life :puffy:

14. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Mornin' everyone. Having some 2006 Marlin Flake in my 1969 Pete. It's a nice combination. More coffee then off to the PO to mail some packages. I hope I got the correct item placed in the properly addressed box. I have a fear of sending the wrong item to the wrong person. :beck:

15. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Wow 15 degrees here this morning with a wind chill of 6. The furnace is running almost non stop as is the coffee pot. It is getting light outside though and it looks like it may be clearing off a little, the expected high is still only 22 tho.

I may have to brave the cold and go to the local B&M tho just to get out of the house for a bit.
    Smoking McC #14 in a Stanwell bent Dublin trying to decide wether to keep it or sell it back to the guy I got it from, it's smoking like a keeper, it's funny really how many pipes I've added to my collection just by trying to thin the heard and fix up some clunkers to sell. The up side is I've added some great smoking pipes to the rotation and learned quite a bit about making a pipe a good smoker, even if I am up about 15 from when I started "thining" the herd. :rolleyes:

16. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Thanks Eric, I got it from the pipeshow in Speyer, Germany - seven weeks ago. http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/my-first-pipe-show-speyer-germany.33269/
    Fantastic burley burner, and the price I've paid is a total mystery to me.
    Yesterday a friend of mine posted some pics at g+ of his visit to Massimo Musico, who has his shop and atelier in the heart of Rome, next to the famous Trevi Fountain, he also visited Paolo Becker in his atelier (he told me he never saw so many blocks of morta in one room). I definitely have to go there one day.

17. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Hey thanks for sharing those cool Icons SidStavros :)
    Packing some Carter Hall in my MM bent cob Washington for my second pipe of the day. Much more coffee needed.

zacROK, Lucky Duck, Artistik and 21 others like this.
  18. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Morning, fellows.

Kendal Kentucky in last night's Ser Jacopo. Coffee on the side.

19. critter

critter Member

bowl of monument avenue in the kolonel while the odf dries down a little. second cup of coffee. started the day with a boli pc, my favorite cigar, but i am drifting further and further away from cigars as i discover vapers, vaburs and combinations thereof. from 6 cigars/day to 1 every 3-4 days

20. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Morning all,
    Carter Hall in my bullet-proof cob Community coffee.

zacROK, Lucky Duck, Artistik and 23 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.