What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Now smoking some 221b Arcadia in my MM hardwood cherry bent. Had some Wendy's Chili, getting pretty hungry again. Still drinking Yuban coffee.

2. dying breed

dying breed Member

Ran some errands and loaded a cob with some PA out of a tub that I bought probably 4 years ago and quit on because it did not suit me. Grabbed it today because I wanted something easy in the holiday shopping traffic. I don't know what i was thinking 4 years ago. It was great! I have heard it before here: never throw anything away.
    Got some nutty cut drying so I can make the house smell nice before the wife gets home.

3. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

McBVaNo.1 in the Savinelli 320 Sistina

4. AustinLM

AustinLM Active Member

I can't decide. Therefore, the next entry that mentions a tobacco I own I shall smoke!

5. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

As there is a guest in the house, I'm going with an aromatic: IRC CBFC in my cob dedicated to such blends :puffy:
    The aroma of this fills the room with...Joy? Peace? Cheer? Regardless, it just smells great :) And the taste isn't bad either :snork:

Snow is called for tomorrow. About 2-4" expected.

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to Artistik, I'm smoking Virginia Woods in a smooth full bend 1977 Crown Coachman 215 egg (Charatan second). This finishes the trade sample, and I enjoyed it more than I had expected. A can of Mountain Dew is my drink. It's getting colder here, and the sky is gray and dark gray. They are calling for rain and ice here, so I've stocked up on coffee and tea, and cat food for Suzy and Molly.

7. Deimitori

Deimitori Member

A winter's Saturday night here in Athens, Greece.

Having the pleasure to smoke right now a delicious bowl of a 12 years matured Dunhill: "Nightcap" from Murray's era, while drinking a glass of my favourite "VAT 69" Blended Scotch Whisky and in a small plate here by my side are Greek black raisins and walnuts as a snack. Georges Simenon's novel "Maigret" (1934) in my hands to read and Lute music by J. S. Bach to listen.

Life's small pleasures! Good night dear pipe smokers! Be well, happy and safe always!

8. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

G H and Co Balkan Mixture in a Stanwell billiard.

Cold out!

9. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Just my luck. I find a blend I like and they discontinue it:(.
    Mac Baren BLB in a bent brandy.

10. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Had my first bump of G&H Lakeland snuff in months. Ahhhh.
    Don't know what to smoke next quite yet.

11. Albert

Albert Active Member

Dunhill Flake in a Savinelli Canadian while running about town with holiday errands and what not...

12. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Got bored, so thought I'd watch the UCF/SMU game. Don't know who won. Don't care. I do want to watch the Auburn/Mizzu game though, and pay attention! So far, I've smoked Middleton Walnut, MB Honey & Chocolate and MB Cherry Ambrose, that one with a cup of Earl Grey tea. Saturday night martini is on the docket, while smoking London Mixture. Keep warm everyone. Teddi is enjoying our romps in the back 40 more than I am!

13. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

He's headed my way with ice and snow. I've got 3 unopened pouches of CH in case he over stays his welcome.

14. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Sunny out, but cold. No snow on the ground, but they are saying we may see some on Monday. I am having my first bowl ever of Reiner Long golden flake (many thanks to walkinstick) in my red rock and bamboo shaft rock cob. I'm liking this. A good Virginia. I also like the way the flakes crumble down. It kind of reminds me of classic burley kake in the texture and size of flake.

I spent most of my morning cooking and cleaning. Grandma asked if she could take the kids to a movie and I gave a quick yes. So a little more housework while the wife rests. Looking forward to the sec and big ten championship games today. Sparty on PSFers.

15. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

It's 10 PM in Germany, so it's night already. It's Saturday, which means it's Strang Night! Thanks P2 for reminding, also thank you for the Strang. Here we go: Strang rules! :hbang:

Strang_02.jpg

16. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Performed a little home-style blending: Five Brothers mixed with some Sail Regular Cavendish about 50/50. :puffy:
    The nutty- spicy Five Bros adds body to the pleasantly sweet, if very simple, Sail. Definitely good enough to warrant future experiments for sure. :snork:

17. JimInks

Stormy obviously wasn't pleased with the value of my bribe. I'd rather have snow than ice. As everybody knows, we have the biggest refrigeration unit of floaty li'l icebergs in our warehouse, so we don't want for lack of ice. If we have snow, we can make snowpies, though why DBear prefers the yellow ones :msty:.

18. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

:th1:

19. JimInks

Going back to work, so I'm listing my next smoke a few minutes early. Thanks to Flatbush Paul, it'll be Compton's Commonweal Mixture in a very early Ascorti straight New Dear KS billiard with a smooth shank. This finishes the trade sample from one of our favorite people on this forum. Freshly brewed coffee is what I'm drinking.

20. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

This for Wicker Man:

[​IMG]

A Kilt trouser?

Rattray's Sweet Fragrant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.