What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Perfect! :bdance::punk:

2. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I noticed you're drinking a lot of hot coffee today. That must mean that damned dog is hung over again! Jeez!

McClelland's #1 from '79 in a Davorin Morta Full Bent Egg with ice tea on the side. Li'l floaty icebergs from the Inks Iceworks Co melting to keep it at just that perfect drinking temperature. I was smart enough to have them delivered last night, before the hangover! I'm sorry to say, I contributed to his hangover with 2 double Manhattens as a tip!

3. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

Watching Auburn/Mizzou and it's gonna be a barn burner in the second half ... 28/27 right now. Old Va Tobacco Checkmate in a MM

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

Had a couple bowls of burley, a bit of Park Square, and now I'm going to light up some Virginia Spice in the Squatch Stout Volcano.

Strang rules! :hbang: However I've only got just enough left for one good binge, which I'm going to indulge over the Christmas holiday, so I'll be foregoing Strang night the next couple of weekends. Strang 'em up, puffers! [​IMG]

5. dBear

dBear Active Member

Note to JimInks: The secret to superior yellow snowpies is St. Bernard. [​IMG]

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

5 more hours of Secret Santa signup and then the games afoot

I just about broke my toe [ dropped a log on my big toe .. lovey ] . I wasnt planning on having any whiskey tonight .. but I've changed my mind :beck: I smoked my Basi Meadows Bulletproof Cob with Germains Royal Jersey Perique [ GRJP ] and it was freakin heavenly ... Fillin a redonkulous sized Wiley Canadian with China Black Fire Cured ! Goin to the Cabinet Shop in the AM .. will take the camera .. wormy Maple :drly:

7. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Just finished off the last of my jar of G H and Co Balkan Mixture in the Stanwell billiard. A really nice blend but after a few ounces of it I don't feel a great need to buy more soon.

And now I have room for the Solani Silver Flake in my very small cellar ;)

Have a good night all!

8. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Yeah, that makes me wish Canadian Thanksgiving was a bit later, it's hard to gauge the start of the Christmas season here, it sure ain't when they start playing carols in the mall. I usually just go with December first as my beginning of the season landmark.

This is my first Christmas smoking it, and boy what a great new tradition!

9. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Well-Known Member

C&D Pirate Kake in a 2013 St Patrick's Day Peterson X220, drinking copious amounts of Tetley Tea, happy smoking all.

10. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

Remind me to commission you to draw me a pipe smoking bear for above my desk sometime in the new year. Damn I love your stuff, I have to admit I was a little sad when the Australian who purchased your Moonlit Academy #2 turned out not to be my wife :(

11. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Thanks so much Bear! I'm always happy to send you a high resolution scan of it for free if you want, you could make a print for yourself.

That goes for anyone, just PM me.

12. sillyoldbear

Thanks Eric, that's very kind of you and I'm definitely going to take you up on it. I'm still going to need an original Eric Orchard on my wall at some point though ;)

13. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

It's funny, last week someone in Florida bought a piece from me and in our emails he referred to himself as a "silly old bear"! How weird is that? I almost asked if it was you but was pretty sure you weren't in Florida.

By the way, your current avatar is awesome!

14. sillyoldbear

Hah, that's awesome, but not actually that unusual. It's a Winnie the Pooh reference. Juvenile yes but I still love the A.A. Milne books and the original illustrations from E.H. Shepard.

And yeah, I'm an Aussie.

15. AustinLM

AustinLM Active Member

Looks like I finally get to smoke something today! Holiday Spirit will be today's smoke, as promised.

16. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Well-Known Member

I used to love reading Winnie the Pooh to my daughter, A A Milne had a very special sense of humour I think I enjoyed the stories more than she did!

17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Nothing like eating yellow Sam Adams snow pies, eh? :xd:

18. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

I still love it! And the illustrations are great.

19. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

More Presbyterian, in a Guildhall Prince.
    [​IMG]

20. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Back home after putting on a Fatbike event today. It was very cold and a lot of fun. Now I am breaking in a new Northern Briars bulldog with some Sugar Barrel and not planning on doing much else for awhile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.