What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Still working, still listening to Pearl Harbor documentaries, and now smoking Louisiana Red in a 2003 medium bend Nording 4 rough top sitter with a small rusticated area at the top left. Just fed Suzy and Molly, so they're happy for a while.

2. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Ah, I have found my Heaven. I found my smoking jar filled with Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake. Around two years of love on it. Smoking two and a half, folded and stuffed flakes, in an IMP Oom Paul. Listening to Jazz Masters on Satellite Radio Canada and reading some Albert Camus. A 50/50 orange juice and ginger ale over crushed ice. Looking at my Christmas Tree sparkle. My best buddy, Benjamin the Shih Tzu right beside me. Life is good. Real good. :puffy:

3. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

That came with the pipe, but it was made by Sorringowl. You can get them from his Etsy shop, Sorringowl & Sons.

4. aggman

aggman Active Member

I should've known it was Sorringowl. I am waiting to get my signature pouch set that I ordered for my wife to wrap for me for Christmas. A couple of those small pouches are on the list now.

Thanks.

5. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

It's damn cold this way, too.

6. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Just got home from the movies . My Bride and I went to see Hunger Games at the AMC Fork & Screen Theatre. Pretty good movie.
    Right now I'm enjoying a bowl of Steven Books H of C First Pipe in the Squatch Slightly Bent Ring Grain Dublin with fresh brewed Earl Grey ice tea with some of JimInks li'l floaty icebergs in it to, well I guess you get the idea.

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Quit work a couple of minutes ago, and am about to light up a bowl of Rekamepip's Winter Blend in a medium bend 2013 black Rekamepip Rock Cob poker. Going to watch one more documentary about Pearl Harbor before sleep.

8. User4408

User4408 Active Member

DGT'ing some ODF in a bent MM Washington ... expecting a strong ashy smoke, but instead it's pure silk.

So far there's no downside whatsoever to ODF, no matter what I throw at it. Wouldn't want to smoke this on an empty stomach though.

If anyone out there is suffering withdrawal from Stonehaven or Ogden's Walnut Flake, I don't think you'd regret giving ODF a try. What's amazing is how "British" it tastes ... none of that Mac Baren house flavor. If someone told me this was blended by Ogden/Imperial in Liverpool, I'd believe them in a heartbeat.

9. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

10. SteveH

SteveH Active Member

A key-ring-cum-pipe-stand - now that's a brilliant idea!

St Bruno in a Design Berlin 'Mariner 19' saddle billiard.

[​IMG]

11. mitchell

mitchell Active Member

PA topped with some Mac B #1 Virginia and Black coffee at my side.

12. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

PS Cube Cut in a Pietro faux system and strong black coffee as I clean up that sermon...

13. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mac Baren Harald Halberg Vintage Syrian.

14. LutzSpearo

LutzSpearo Member

McClellands Blackwoods Flake in my Savinelli Leonardo da Vinci Ala Battente, unwinding from a whirlwind weekend saying goodbye to all the in-laws before we leave Korea later this week.

15. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Legends, in a smooth, bent bulldog.

16. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Congrats to all the Spartan fans. Great win last night and on to the Rose Bowl. Hope they represent the conference well and bring home the roses.

24 in Louisville this morning. Waiting for the next round of freezing rain throughout the day. Miserable stretch of weather the last few days. Back to work in the morning after three weeks off for surgery. Amazing how fast that went by. Good thing Christmas is only a few weeks away.

Mac Baren Halberg Green in a 2000 Barling Londoner 4039 this morning. Am going to try and walk the cattle dog at daybreak before more precipitation begins falling. Feel well enough this morning to give it a go even if the weather isn't cooperating. Will drift back out to the barn this afternoon for some PA in a cob and end the weekend with GE/5100/Perique in a Pete 312.

Enjoy the Sunday PSFers.

17. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Melorning, everyone. Happy Sunday! I'm starting the day with the leftovers from yesterday. I had mixed Brebbia No. 9, Lane Limited Burly Light Without the Bite, and PS LTF in my DGE Brier Nose-warmer. Just as it was hitting it's stride, I had to lay it down. Now I've picked it up again. So, here goes! Puff on!
    Oh yeah, black coffee to drink.

18. Smarty Jones

Smarty Jones Active Member

Mayor, if you like the Turkey give 4 Roses Single Barrel 100 proof a try. Think you'll be pleased.

19. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Went to bed shortly after Auburn won the SEC. So got up early for this, the 2nd Sunday of Advent. During morning readings had bowl of EMP in a mm CG cob. Lucky Irish tea for my wake up drink. Finished readings with Ocean Spray cran-pom juice and the remainder of NC that was in my Pete system 307.

20. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Good morning.
    Expecting snow today and ice tonight, which I normally wouldn't mind, but I have a flight tomorrow morning to visit my parents in Colorado.
    Wish me luck guys.

First pipe of the day is Prince Albert in a MM Pride :puffy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.