What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:ccup::ccup::ccup:

:puffy:

Lucky Duck, dBear, nicktrap and 12 others like this.
  2. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Yeah Steve, wasn't my idea - SorringOwl made this, the guy who also created those awesome pipe pouches and the tobacco leather mat. I highly recommend his work!

Hi guys, a wonderful 3rd Advent to all of you!
    Sitting here with a big mug of coffee and a joining Steve with smoking some ST Bruno RR in Peterson Killarney with a very long stem. Happy puffing all!

[​IMG]

3. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Everyone is getting snow but me. :( Sad face.

So I think I'll just smoke some Exotique in a Savinelli, with a cup of fancy pants coffee from some tiny farm in Colombia on the side. It is very grey here, and it is "misting" outside. If the temperature were cooler, I would be getting snow too, but alas. Soon, soon.

4. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

I've been calling it a squashed tomato though I could be wrong.

I believe Eltang and Neilsen have both made this shape and they're Danes ;)

5. beano

beano Member

since I can't seem to find the tin of Mac B Navy Flake I cracked yesterday, I will be going with Peretti Century this AM. I had my first bowl of navy flake yesterday and I have to say I wasn't impressed. Since I began smoking just over a year ago I have stuck mostly with Mac B offerings for some sort of structure in my explorings, and this is the first blend I haven't really enjoyed from them. I was looking forward to another sample this AM but alas, I will have to continue to look forward. Day two of no coffee...earl gray to accompany.

6. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

Not so, we're just getting ice here. :confused:

Lithua pipe, User4408, dBear and 8 others like this.
  7. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I didn't get a chance to post last night, but I went out to my local b&m and had my first pipe of Germain's Brown Flake in the Basil Meadows Rusticated Mariner. Man that stuff is nice! It's got a similar taste to the G&H Dark Flake, but much mellower. I really liked it, so much that I think I'm going to start my day with the same darn thing! I got up early with my daughter and let my wife sleep in, then I cooked breakfast, so I'd say this 9:15am pipe shouldn't raise too much of a fuss. I'm going to have to head out to the car for it, though. It's cooooold.

8. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Well yeah. You live in WNC. That's what happens there. :D Unless you live on a north or northwest facing mountain in Haywood, Madison, or Yancey County, which I did for awhile (Madison). I would get slammed with 14" of snow while Asheville just got rained on (and then iced over). There is no worse place to be than in a car in Asheville, NC when there is a lot of ice on the road. Someone is just bound to run into you because they're from Florida and think it's a good idea to go to Ingles in the middle of a snowstorm.

9. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

5 pages behind this
    Morning. Burning
    some Kendal Mixtue
    in an apple bowl.

10. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

We got the same thing in my home town. It was too low and flat to snow but got just as cold, plus, in three directions there are ranges that are high enough to get snow so the wind coming off those spiked the wind chill factor.

Lithua pipe, zacROK, dBear and 7 others like this.
  11. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Good morning all, PS LNF in a Viking Copenhagen.

12. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Still awake, but a nap is getting closer to reality. I'll get in one more smoke first, which will be Charlemagne in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.95) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega.

13. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Virginia time...McC Red Cake in it's proper Cob :puffy:
    Maybe one more cup of coffee before I call it a morning.

Very very light snow, but it is sticking to the gravel mountain roads. It looks like everything will change to rain by mid-morning tomorrow. Hopefully by the time I head out with my brother to Dulles Airport.

14. Wildcat

Wildcat Member

MCB in dad's bent Crown Duke w/coffee.

This poor pipe, the constant abuse it takes. I keep 3 pipes next to my chair along with 3 wife approved tobaccos in jars. The tobacco stays the same, but the pipes get cleaned and rotated in and out after a time. Except for dad's Crown Duke... it gets a cleaning and right back it goes. Like dad, it never lets me down.

[​IMG]

15. Atom

Atom Member

16. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

:xd: :booty:

17. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Woke up pretty late this morning so went right into breakfast mode. Whipped up some pancakes and bacon. I had to run to the grocery store to pick up a few things so I took along my altinok Canadian gently stuffed with some classic burley kake. The windchill is 9 degrees farenheit, minus something Celsius. So this warm truck is feeling good as is this large cup of coffee. Good morning all.

18. Vauen1

Vauen1 Member

The December is the month of a Sweet Virginia Gold of Mysore and Peterson Holiday Season 2013!!! Many thanks to Kevin & Ben.

19. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

And you were out becaaaauuse ... you thought it was a good idea to go to Ingles in the middle of a snowstorm!! :xd:

20. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Still sipping my cob of Red Cake (I like that name much better than #5100 :) )
    Lately I've been really exploring this particular tobacco, usually twice per day. My conclusion is that it's pretty darn good :puffy:
    Next bowl will likely be some Burley...Sir Walter perhaps.

The snow has picked up quite a bit over the past hour. About an inch on the ground so far.
    Still trying not to think about tomorrow morning's travel plans...instead I'll allow my pipes get me through the day without worrying about things beyond my control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.