What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I had a light, but tasty lunch, and almost finished smoking Angler's Dream in a 1980 three quarter bend briar Butz-Choquin 55 skull bowl pipe. Thinking about what to smoke next.

2. GANDALF WHITE

GANDALF WHITE Member

Solani Silver Flake + Peterson 302, very good baccy
    [​IMG]

3. Deimitori

Deimitori Member

Sunday afternoon here in Athens, Greece.
    Smoking Cornell & Diehl: "936 Cordial" in a cob while drinking Earl Grey tea.
    Enjoy your pipes and pipe tobaccos dear pipe smokers!

4. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Germain's special latakia flake in a Don Carlos smooth billiard. I think I'm on my 5th cup of coffee...

5. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Good evening folks. I'm back at the old homestead sitting back, post pizza, with the last of the JackKnife Plug in the Benfield while watching the extended edition of the Hobbit

6. JimInks

You know you have a good friend when she comes over and brings hot cocoa with her. Suzy and Molly weren't interested, but m'lady and I are! Savoring it now with a bowl of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer.

7. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Bowl No.2 is a pre dinner smoke.
    Smoking some GL Pease Telegraph Hill from 2005 that I got from FlatbushPaul, in a Dunhill 3102 Shell Briar I got from jdto, drinking some tea out of a PSF mug I got from Woody.
    I just love this forum. Thanks Paul, thanks Jack, thanks Woody.

TH_01.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  8. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Tried some telegraph hill but it wasn't what I wanted so swaped over to McC #27 in my Ruff-dog.

9. Harry Brown

Harry Brown Active Member

[​IMG]

Did you ever go in one of those "Cigarette" stores just to browse? Usually have a can of Edgeworth, some cleaners, lighters and two or three pipes. I picked this one up and asked Rahjesh "how much". "Five dollar", he replied so I obliged and darn if it doesn't smoke pretty good. I call it a 'nose warmer' and other than that I have no idea. Thinking about that Sunset Rum in it later!

10. zappano

zappano Member

After a famous, lokal meal - Handkäs mit Musik (impossible to translate) :rofl:, Mrs. Rauscher on the side, finshed with HU Indaba in Rehmbrandt.
    [​IMG]

11. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Also hardly possible to eat, almost inedible imho. :laff: You are a brave man, zappano!
    For those who are interested in learning more about this delicacy "handcheese with music": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handkäse

[​IMG] mmmhhhh, yummi.:bag:

12. JimInks

Working, and thanks to DBear, smoking Peretti's Scottish Flake in a smooth full bend 1977 Crown Coachman 215 egg (Charatan second). I've enough left for one more bowl. Listening to the BBC.

13. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Having some Key Largo in the straight Falcon.

14. GANDALF WHITE

GANDALF WHITE Member

beatifful pipe indeed

15. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Well, I go some short ribs cooking in the slow cooker and brought the kids to my parents house to play with grandma. I was watching the lions game with my dad and it is just a white out in Philadelphia. I'm hoping the lions pull it off. I get nervous every time they play in that stadium.

Right now I am enjoying my parents well insulated garage and am smoking some Irish flake in my altinok talon churchwarden. Go lions.

16. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Made a big breakfast of eggs and corned beef hash. planning to get some stuff done before the snow hit, wasn't expected until around 3pm. Well it started just before 11am.And a coating to an inch? That forecast has now changed to 6 inches. Eagles /Detroit playing in blizzard like conditions in Philly. I've enjoyed 4th Generation 1897 in my Pete St. Pat's Day 2013. Now enjoying Earl Grey tea with a Dr. Grabow Omega packed with CH. Obviously, will be working from home tomorrow.

17. zappano

zappano Member

Strangers to this custom will probably ask where the "Musik" is. They will most likely be told that "Die Musik kommt später," i.e. the music "comes later." This is a euphemism for the flatulence that the raw onions usually provide. :xd::laff::ohyh:

18. Dwijattam

Dwijattam Member

Never could enjoy Borkum Riff Cherry Cavendish - had some to dry out for the last month or so. Blended with a ROY tobacco called butterfly 1:1.
    Have been smoking this - 2nd bowl in a row in a no name billard. Must say the blend came out great!!!!! - good flavor, no bite and a very healthy dose of vitamin N.
    Think i am going to call this butter-riff - what do you say??? :beck::beck:

19. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Borkum Fly. :th1:

20. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Took a trip to the local B&M with a friend of mine. He picked up a tin of Dunhill Scottish Mixture while there. Trying some of that in the MM Country Gent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.