What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Finally breaking into the new order. Smoking a bowl of c&ds berry good in my grabow freehand.

TedVig, PipeSimmo, Rockbass and 16 others like this.
  2. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

You sure that its not due to the peanut butter you rubbed all over your face? :poke::toast:

3. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Penzance in an English made bent Falcon with a Dublin bowl.

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Smoking St. James Flake in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer. Getting near the end of this box, and will take a break from the blend when it's done. I'm aging the rest of what I have. Ice tea properly chilled with peaked lookin' li'l icebergs is my drink. I think they didn't get enough sleep before I threw them in the glass. Working and listening to the news.

5. jeremyw

jeremyw Member

Smoked my first bowl of Nightcap tonight in my new to me Kaywoodie Thorn 7414 that I recently picked up on ebay. Loving both of them!

6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Nightshift don't need donuts

so saving those for the morning crew thank you....
    along with fresh coffee
    at say 5am
    would be better

7. user3221

user3221 Active Member

finishing up the day with a few puffs off the last pipe

have good night

:old:

8. Albert

Albert Active Member

A 50/50 mix of cube cut burley and 1Q in a Spillcob.

9. moosecop

moosecop Member

Gravy, Eric, i've told you before Chicken Gravy....

just5042, Lithua pipe, beano and 11 others like this.
  10. dBear

dBear Active Member

Aha! So there IS such a thing as chicken lips!

Smoking McC 2015 VaPer in the Kaywoodie PSF POY 2013. Grape soda going into my ugly mug to wet my whistle. Listen to this! :whis:

11. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Man… my sincerest condolences, seriously. I really couldn't do it. But you know what's pretty screwy about that map? Birmingham is warmer than Charleston, Jackson, Houston, San Antonio, New Orleans. That's really strange. Almost the warmest place in the country besides Florida. :msty:
    Oh, and the Brown Flake/Squatch combo is worth your wait. BST's are awesome, as you know, but man I just got lucky and locked down seven extra tins of the Brown Flake recently. The Briary had them, I bought them all. I wouldn't be talking about this normally so as not to let the cat out of the bag on Brown Flake, but the cat is well out of the bag, and it's tearing up all the damned furniture.

Anyway, that was a hell of a digression. 2006 Telegraph Hill in a Dunhill, sitting under the covered area outside the school library and taking a little break from my single-minded, tunnel-vision whirlwind frenzy of a finish to the semester. Stressful would be a woeful understatement, but that's alright. As the line I so love to quote says, "I like to burn the candle at both ends, and it gives a lovely light." (That's Hitchens for you there.)

12. JimInks

Thanks to Flatbush Paul, I'm smoking Chief Catoonah Princes Street in a 1949 medium bend Dunhill Shell. Just finished listening to a C-Span 3 documentary on President Carter. Going to listen to old radio shows next, starting with Fibber McGee and Molly, and Adventures of Morse after that. I think Suzy and Molly are going to listen with me since they are sleeping in the studio after having a decent helping of tuna. I work, they sleep... sounds like the typical man/cat relationship to me.

13. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

For the last smoke of the weekend it's GH Brown Bogie in a Comoy's Royal Coachman Slightly Bent Billiard. Ice tea on the side.

14. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Stonehaven in Skovgaard bent Dublin, sippin' on Some Basil Hayden's

15. Austin

Austin Member

Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake in Basil Meadows Nose Warmer. I am so enthused with this one. 2/2 for Peter Stokkebye so far. Must order more!

16. JimInks

Still working, still listening to radio shows, still drinking ice water, and now smoking MacBaren Navy Flake in a 1980s Peterson 314 Full Bend black Sandblast system pipe.

17. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Now smoking LNF. I need to order more.

18. sillyoldbear

sillyoldbear Active Member

I am smoking...absolutely nothing because I can't make up my fool mind.

I got two packages in the mail today, samples of GH&Co; Kendal Dark, Kendal Kentucky and Bright and Burley as well as some PS LBF from SimonR and Penzance from Berg.

Add to that the Mayor's Chocolate Flake that was already drying on the plate when the postie arrived and the jar of Squadron Leader that I haven't been able to stop smoking since it arrived on Friday and I'm so spoilt for choice that I just haven't smoked anything yet.

19. dBear

dBear Active Member

Smoking Georgetown Reverie (thanks, FishNBanjo!) in the Sav Auto blobby pipe. Still drinking grape soda, but I think I may have my jones just about satiated.

[​IMG]

20. JimInks

Quit work for the day, and am almost finished smoking Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2013 MM straight Legend. Think I'll have one more smoke before sleep.

TedVig, Lithua pipe, dBear and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.