What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

I wanted to see what freezing fog was like so I drove to the local B&M, pretty un impressive. Smoking some bayou morning flake in my Sav dry system, drinking coffee and catching up with some old friends.

2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I'M BACK, BABY! YEAH!

I haven't smoked since before Thanksgiving due to a cold. But today I'm feeling mostly better, plus I just got tired of waiting, plus I ran out of snus this morning, so it's the perfect time to pack up a pipe!

Astas billiard filled with Tilbury. It was a good choice more or less - I don't think this pipe prefers this blend, or maybe my taste is off from the break. Regardless, I'm enjoying this. A lot.

Lithua pipe, moosecop, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  3. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Yeah, Crumb is definitely an influences. It's funny he's probably made a big impact on a number of kids books cartoonists!

4. dBear

dBear Active Member

Melorning, Good Folk! Starting off with Classic Burley Kake in the Rekamepip bark rusticated walnut cone. Got the coffee going. Was rudely surprised late last night with some work due today, so I've got to jump right in. I hate that! Man, I can barely smoke in the morning, how the heck am I supposed to work???

5. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I took a day off today and I'm taking advantage of just lounging around. So I'm smoking a real treat, Kingfisher from '99 in the Davorin Morta Bent Egg with more black coffee.

6. SmokingRhino

SmokingRhino Member

Irish Oak in a Pete 304 system!

7. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

John's Mixed Blend in a Yello-Bole author

More black coffee

Getting caught up on my "Bible in a Year" readings while I wait for the fence guy to come look at replacing some rotting posts in a split-rail

8. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG]Good afternoon, good people. We got the car to fishin' buddy's son in Muskigon Michigan and commenced feasting with the young couple. They are very good cooks. Evening meal; Home made pasta w/ chicken and mushroom Alfredo, then for breakfast yellow rice, refried beans, thin sliced fried potatoes, unidentified meat based chunky sauce and Whatever a pita-like bread is called in Mexico. I apologize that I cannot honor her cooking better, but I am unfamiliar with Mexican cooking, I only know the dish was very, very good. Travel conditions were perfect. Today I'm smoking Mac B HH Old Dark Fired in a Radice porker. Background pic is young fishing buddy when we drove from Anchorage to Cleveland one December long ago.

9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I got to meet Bob a couple of times. We had a great mutual friend, Harvey Kurtzman (creator of Mad magazine). Bob looks exactly like his cartoon self portrait, even down to the crosshatching!

Almost done smoking Bacchanalia in a 1979 smooth slight bend H. Jones Ltd. Easy Loader 391 Dublin. Stormy's raging fiercely now. Maybe he needs a pipe cleaner?

Lithua pipe, Artistik, YAPPG and 16 others like this.
  10. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

My truck is back and working fantastic. I enjoyed my post lunch smoke while getting it and am finishing the same as I type. Today it is English luxury mixture by stokkebye in the black rockcob by rekamepip.

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Now smoking Alexander Bridge in a light brown 1979 rusticated medium bend Italian Sir Jeffrey Dublin sitter with a flared top and yellow stem. I'm really starting to like this blend. Nice mix of red and gold Virginias and burleys with a very light topping that reminds me of sweet bread. A bottle of Nesbitt's Orange soda is my drink.

12. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

After dinner smoke, also the first bowl for today:
    Big fat bowl of Frog Morton's Cellar in one of the two LatPipes I own: "The Castello Sea Rock G56 Tulip Bulldog Hyprid" (© Mayor Ruff)
    [​IMG]

Biovin 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon Venezia D.O.C. Italia on the side. Puff on!

13. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Happy birthday brother.

Here's to a hundred more. :toast:

14. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

More of John's Mixed Blend in a Yello-Bole triangle-shanked straight bulldog

More black coffee

The fence guy came and gave a good estimate - still working on the readings

15. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

For my noon smoke I am trying some MentorBV inspired blending, about 75% Uhles 00, the rest McC broken Va flake and a pinch of stoved Va, all in a GBD Prehistoric pot. So far this is quite flavorful, cool smoking and has no bite.

16. dBear

dBear Active Member

Loading a bowl from the remnants pouch into the Falcon and getting right back to work.

Happy birthday, PSquared!

17. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

I'll take a high-quality 30 more;). Thanks everybody!

18. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

You just wait until Christmas.... I'll get you back :byg: :csmile:

19. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]
    +

[​IMG]

+

Windows Paint

=

[​IMG]