What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Earlier it was Uhle's #00 in an Ascorti Signature Full Bent Egg with hot tea. Now, it's McClelland's Boston 1776 in a no name meer with fresh brewed Earl Grey ice tea. Li'l floaty icebergs from the Inks Ice Works Co are keeping it at that...yadda, yadda, yadda!

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I had a wonderful beef and potato pot pie cooked by m'lady, and just finished smoking C&D White Burley in a straight 2012 MM Mizzou cob. Time for another smoke and a drink.

3. JimInks

Still recovering from such a filling delicious meal. The Saint Bernard brought me a bottle of Sprite, and though he didn't bring me a maduro like the one he's smoking, he did bring me Chief Catoonah Princes Street in a big bowl 2002 Ser Jacopo Delecta Fatta A Mano R1 sandblast Rhodesian with a smooth extension at the shank. Many thanks to Flatbush Paul for the tobacco. I have enough for one more bowl. Btw, the Saint Bernard knows quality and keeps track of what pipes I haven't smoked lately, since he brought me the Ser Jacopo, which is my favorite pipe for English blends.

4. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

I need to order more Princes Street, that's good stuff.

5. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Gaslight in the 2013 PSF POY.

MainePipe, PipeSimmo, Stormy and 19 others like this.
  6. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Made a trip to see someone in the hospital - Uhle's Blend 00 in a Grabow Westbrook bent bulldog on the way there - Old Companion in the same pipe on the way home...

That Uhle's 00 was so good, I am having a bowl now in a Jesse Jones straight bulldog.

7. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Road Apple Blend in a MM.

8. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I'm about to feel like Christmas has come early as I light up my last two coins of the delicious 2005 Dunhill Navy Rolls in the Basil Meadows Rusticated Mariner.

Cheers to WalkinStick for the great smoke!

Edit: 10 mins in and this is seriously the tastiest vaper I've had by far...maybe best smoke ever.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  9. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Smoking escudo in my savinelli dry Oscar Dublin. It is cold. I'm hiding in my truck listening to talk radio.

Happy birthday p2.

10. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

You're smoking horse sh*t in a vegetable for your birthday? Did you not get an envelope with something better in the mail recently?

11. ZeissMan

ZeissMan Member

Where abouts in our fair and cold square-shaped state?
    ~ ZM

12. JimInks

The word you're looking for is "great!!"

DBear take note!! Open that tin, buddy! Listen to the enabler! Open that tin of Navy Rolls!! :dh1::bangin::poke::old::old::old:

13. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Well...I had some food poisoning last week, and started school, and began the busy season at work. Today was my first day off and really, the first day I ate an actual meal...not just a banana and try and not puke.

Also, I smoked some pipes today!

I just finished some F&K Balkan in the incinerator.
    Earlier I had 5100 in the canted egg.
    And in between the two I had the local's signature in a a Grabow.

It was a good day and all I had was those pipes. When I was sick i barely used any tobacco and my tolerance has dropped off a bit.
    :::::::: SWEET! I'M A CHEAP DATE! ::::::::::::

14. Benton629

Benton629 Member

Prince Albert in a Chapuis Comoy Honey Swete.
    [​IMG]

15. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Middleton's Cherry Blend in a freshly reamed and alcohol treated straight MM Legend ...

[​IMG]

This stuff smells luscious. My wife stationed herself close by this evening when doing her sudokus. She rarely praises my tobacco choices, but her actions are unmistakable when she likes something.

Congratulations to Middleton for preserving this classic: it looks and smells just like it did in the 60's. I remember it well given that my best friend's big brother smoked it in his large pipes to match his grizzly bear proportions. Of course smoking it in the 60's was an entirely different story ... I was too young and inexperienced to know what I was doing, and it tasted terrible.

But it tastes mild and pleasant right now in a cob. I suspect it begins to really blossom the more you smoke it in a dedicated pipe, so that's why I prepped this Legend especially for MCB. The side stream smoke is fantastic.

While I was ordering MCB, I decided to include a sleeve of Navy Mixture and a tin of Norwood, two disappearing beauties from the Mac Baren selection on this side of the pond.

16. CptBeefheart

CptBeefheart Member

I just read your great review of it on TR actually. Is the 2005 from Murray's?

This stuff is delicious. I might pass out from flavor overload. Just in case, I'm leaving a tag on my toe that reads "DNR".

17. critter

critter Member

been years since i had a kidney stone. fennigan, oxycodone and a gent full of bayou morning.

18. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Dark Birdseye in the Savinelli billiard

19. JimInks

Yes. Murray's produced Dunhill tobaccos until around that year or the next. I'm not quite certain of the date of change, but 2005 is still Murray's.

Now smoking Stonehaven in a 2002 medium bend smooth Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with floaty lil icebergs is my drink, though I think I'm going to brew some coffee in a while.

20. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Glad to hear it worked, Nick! That sounds like quite a unique mixture. It's amazing how a "not so good on its own" tobacco can become just the right ingredient in a new setting.

Still enjoying some MCB in a straight MM Legend ... barely above a smolder it's especially good. Very cob worthy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.