What are you smoking? December 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by BernardLerring, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

One of the finest aromas in the wonderful world of tobacco. I often open a jar of OJK and sit it on the desk in front of me.

2. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

That's not Mill Road in Chopwell is it? I think I'm showing my ignorance here but I can't think what the building would be. Had chance to meet them up this neck of the woods? There are certainly worse places to live than round here, one thinks Sunderland for a start.

Having had a good hearty tea, I'm now getting stuck into some Royal Yacht Mixture in the Benfield, still haven't a clue where this pipe comes from but this stuff smokes beautifully in it.

3. Nick

Nick Member

Hey gang, I've got the day off today. I'm about finished with my first bowl of Dunhill's Early Morning Pipe along with some strong coffee. I have to say it's very pleasant with a lovely room note. I have always smoked blends from my local tobacconist besides the Captain. This first little step into the big world of tin and big tobacco was fantastic. I cant wait for my first bowl of Nightcap tonight.

4. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

[​IMG]

SWRA in the MM Legend.

In the snow.

Yay

surlysoul, MainePipe, dBear and 19 others like this.
  5. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Sinus infection be damned! Lunch is eaten, dishes washed. Now I'm in the garage, next to the stove. So's my dog, Lady. She likes to look through the little window, and watch the flames dance. I'm smoking Carter Hall, which I bought this morning when I was out dropping the ducklings off at school. I loaded it in my MM Spool.
    I'd been trying to smoke down my selection of open blends before I bought anything else. Including the CH, I'm down to six. Time to start pooping tins! Puff on! As we say on the c.b. radio," I'll be reading the mail".

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  6. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

My bad, actually its the Hilton off Church street across the Tyne bridge. No not been there yet, but soon. Met my gaming buddy/best friend, ect. In Atlantica game about 5 years ago and been talking in msg or skype nearly everyday since. She has a son and daughter around there and two sisters, also. She and her sisters are my age but she and I do play alot in the mmo. Btw, you talking about Skyrim the other day prompted me to add it on the PC. Much better than on the xbox. Lost several hours cause of that! Fun, tho.

dBear, sillyoldbear, psquared and 6 others like this.
  7. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Hey ya'll talking about stank? Showed up to work this morning with Pirate Kake ghosting my clothes. Trying to even it out in a bit with a bowl for Inky. MacB Ready Rubbed Vanilla in my go to at work Mini-Bent Bulldog. First time we're seeing the sun in over a week!

8. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

You should mix those together about 60/40.... :byg:

9. Nick

Nick Member

I tip my hat to you sir. I may have to put on my micky mouse boots and take a stroll through the forest today now after seeing this post. the down side is that it's 15 degrees where I am.

10. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Smoking some VA Spice in the Cherrywood cob, from our friendly rockcobber. JimInks is the enabler, was do to his reviews of VA Spice and Lousiana Red that prompted these good blends.

11. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

First smoke of the day is BLWB in my larsen. Had to do some running around with the wife this morning. It is cold. The windchill dropped below 0 this morning and the wind keeps picking up. It looks like the cold will be here awhile so my smoking will definitely decrease.

12. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

13. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I think you and I are the only ones who smoke this. Burly Light Without the Bite used to be my all day, every day blend. I always keep some around.

14. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

Finished up my law school finals for the semester, so I'm FINALLY getting out to smoke a pipe for the first time in two or three weeks.

The awesome rusticated cob that Holymolar so generously sent me arrived today. I'm not one to question the fates, so I've loaded it up with a hefty portion of Golden Extra.

This is gonna be good...

15. Eric Pierson

I bought two ounces bulk from a b&m I visited and I enjoy it. The name pretty much says it all. A great tasting tobacco that is easy to smoke. This is my first bowl of it in this pipe and it may be the best combination with it yet.

16. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

sillyoldbear, dBear, psquared and 6 others like this.
  17. Eric Pierson

I don't miss those days. What year are you in?

sillyoldbear, dBear, psquared and 4 others like this.
  18. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I have a friend at work who maintains that BLWtB's room note smells like a cake baking.
    I like to blend in some Latakia to it sometimes too. You're right though, it's just plain good.

19. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

EMP and NC were two of my first tins when I started smoking again in earnest spring of last year. Love 'em. The oly problem I have is that fruit flies love NC as much as I do. So I lay off it during July and August.

20. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

Plagued by amphibians, then decapitated: Good thing my will provides the kids/frogs with transportation to Yorkshire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.