What Are You Smoking? February, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I have a yellow stem on it now, the black one didn't fit right. I will try to find a newer pic or take 1 soon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

psquared, Old Codger, jdto and 5 others like this.
  2. physiognomy

physiognomy Member

Just trying to play a little ball with you two jokers... I too like toys tools, gadgets, & gizmos.

jpberg and dwaugh like this.
  3. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Outstanding pipe ming! that is also not a bad likeness of the man himself, one of Wellington and blucher would complete a superb set, may I ask where you aquired it?

Mington and JimInks like this.
  4. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Finishing the night, well it’s gone 01:00 in the Shire, Yorkshire it’s beyond Nithering it’s proper Brass Monkeys outside, with more 57 mix (post #2325) this time in my MM Cob Mk.2
    [​IMG]
    after scoring the new jar (post #2325) we went to the local Settle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settle) small supermarket Booths,
    It’s got a great Beer Selection, here’s a slide show of the BEER ! Mrs Wicker pushing trolley in first photo.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5cf4...5CF444E32D8C7B0A!654&authkey=!AKvHWpLJXbk7azk
    Night all - happy puffing

psquared, jpberg, Old Codger and 7 others like this.
  5. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I'm having a wow moment, fellows.

I bought a tin of Ten Russians several months back. While I enjoyed smoking 7 or 8 bowls, it seemed slightly over the top with Latakia. So, I sealed it away in a 4oz Mason jar and forgot it. Fast forward to this past Christmas. One of the "lightly used" Italian pipes my wife bought for me was an Armellini cutty with a voracious Lat ghost. Rather than exorcise it, I fed it more Lat blends. Within days I became convinced that English blends just taste better in a dedicated pipe. Fast forward again to tonight. I was straightening up around the shop and came across the little jar labeled "10 Russians". On a whim, I filled the cutty with it and fired it up.

Now, I don't know what 7 months does to a Lat blend being more familiar with Kentucky and VaPers, but this is not the same animal. Gone is the tongue tingling roughness. In its place is a smooth, creamy, rich, smoky, delectable ....... need I continue? Have any of you experienced this with a Lat heavy blend? It's an epiphany for me. Now I need about 5 more tins stashed away.

6. dBear

dBear Active Member

Yep, it's true. I have a hard time giving it a break! [​IMG]

Wicker Man, Old Codger and dwaugh like this.
  7. muddler

muddler Active Member

Very early here. Nursing a bout of flu that will have me grounded for the weekend. But I'm smoking a pipe anyway. McClelland 2010 in a Pete 2012 POY.

[​IMG]

Morse, cobbsmoker, psquared and 8 others like this.
  8. dBear

dBear Active Member

Fixed it for you.

FlatbushPaul and Johnny Dingo like this.
  9. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

I have a couple of pipes dedicated to lat blends and one of them for latakia heavy blends only, the tobacco real bursts with flavour and subtle undertones you wouldn't otherwise notice shine through, I just love the little hint of mint that comes through every now and again especially with some of the GL Pease blends.

psquared, jpberg, dBear and 3 others like this.
  10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I agree with Brit and to prove it, I'm smoking Magnum Opus in a full bend black pebble finish 2001 Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line.

11. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

Time for another new blend, about to light up a bowl of H&H Frenchy's sunzabitches in a pete 305.

12. Jfro

Jfro Member

Newminster superior round slices in my new to me Peterson 999 Aran

Old Codger, dBear and SouthBound like this.
  13. derrickyoung

derrickyoung Member

quick trip to the garage with some Golden Age in Peterson Christmas Pipe while watching my Leafs beat up Jfro's Sabres

psquared, Old Codger, jdto and 2 others like this.
  14. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

That's a lovely pipe! Looks like a banker shape, and I love a banker. Very nice.

Lightning, thunder, and heavy rain here, so I decided smokey tobacco would be ideal. As such, I'm having Old Ironsides in a Savinelli. I just love sound of peals of thunder rolling away into the distance. My poor golden retriever is about to have a heart attack, but she'll make it through. She never can seem to remember that the thunder is not harmful to her in any way. Poor dog, she could use a better long term memory.

Nights like this I feel tremendously fortunate to have a nice, big covered porch. I love to sit outside and watch it storm.

Morse, psquared, FlatbushPaul and 5 others like this.
  15. Jfro

Jfro Member

They were doing fine till I turned the game on the radio

16. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

17. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Go Leafs Go!

Snuck out for a quick bowl of Balkan Sasieni in a nose warmer.

jdto, JimInks, Labman and 1 other person like this.
  18. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

Sillrm's green in a green viking. ready for st pats now.

[​IMG]

19. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I hate to disappoint you, but that is one of the few pipes I have that I can't make gurgle so far (well...none of my BSTs gurgle)...:D

Tonight I'll watch another episode of Hell On Wheels on Netflix on the tablet with a bowl of the Frog in the Tinsky Dress Blast.

[​IMG]

20. phinz

phinz Active Member

Well aged 1792 in a Nording Churchwarden Freehand. I was presented the awesome custom carved stand by my neighbor tonight. This thing is absolutely gorgeous.

[​IMG]

Morse, Snake, psquared and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.