What Are You Smoking? February, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Watching Killing Lincoln on TV and smoking Solani Aged Burley Flake in a smooth full bend 1977 Crown Coachman 215. Hot tea on the side.

Morse, psquared, Artistik and 5 others like this.
  2. Longshanks

Longshanks He who shall; so shall he... wait, who?

Mantua area

3. dBear

dBear Active Member

Holy crap! :thu2:

4. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

McC Beacon Extra in the Bekler meer with some Basil Hayden & water. After a few bowls I can say that BE has its moments, but I don't see it replacing 2015 or Bulls Eye Flake. A little too much of a good thing with the Perique.

FlatbushPaul likes this.
  5. dBear

dBear Active Member

More Trout Stream in the Squatch volcano. :bing:

6. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

alright y'all, I just sat on the front porch, and had a pipe full of University Flake w. my Cafe Du Monde Coffee ;)

psquared, FlatbushPaul, dwhit and 3 others like this.
  7. dBear

dBear Active Member

Green Hills in my DGE Chunky Elegancy briar nosewarmer.

8. JimInks

Thanks to phinz, here is the ugly Lorenzo I mentioned a couple of days ago. Sorry the pic isn't very good, but Wicker Man has a better camera! But I bet he doesn't have a pipe as ugly as this one!

[​IMG]

Morse, dbt13, cobbsmoker and 9 others like this.
  9. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

^ That is one ugly pipe.

Still storming, and I'm still smoking. Same Savinelli, this time with Nightwatch in it. I don't know Captain Earle, or whether he's really the captain of anything or not, but the man knows his Latakia. This and Ten Russians are easily the two best "Lat bombs" I know of. I ended up with this tin because Ten Russians was on backorder when I tried to place an order for it a month or so ago, and I'm glad I did. Tasty stuff.

Trying to decide whether or not I want to open this big ass tin of Larry's Blend that I have or not. I don't have any mason jars to put it in once I open it, but then again the tin will keep it just fine until I can get to the store for more jars. Yeah, I think I'll go open it up.

10. dBear

dBear Active Member

Yeah, I guess it's ugly, but it's so damn interesting! I give it a :th1:

11. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

University Flake cradling Escudo cradling 1792 cradling a Davidoff Flake Medallion in a xxl IMP meerschaum. Ice water.
    -4C(25F)H54%

12. dwhit

dwhit Member

Dunhill Nightcap in my Stanwell.

dbt13, psquared, Brit abroad and 5 others like this.
  13. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Dunhill rum truffle in a castello. Glenlivet on the side.

14. dBear

dBear Active Member

Squadron Leader in the Squatch volcano

dbt13, Old Codger, psquared and 6 others like this.
  15. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

larry's blend is awesome. You'll be glad you opened it

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  16. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Alright. Bed time. I know I'll prolly not log it in the morning, but I'm going to have black coffee and Red Odessa or Virginia Woods in a cob...I haven't decided yet. ~Thanks PipeWife ;) Both tobaccos I had never heard of til ya mentioned em ;)

17. JimInks

Haunted Bookshop in a straight 2012 MM Pony Express cob. Stuff scares the hell outta me!

18. dBear

dBear Active Member

Ooooh! Spooky! Maybe you oughta smoke it in a MacArthur!:eek:

Wicker Man and JimInks like this.
  19. Yankee Bill

Yankee Bill Member

So how is that rum truffle?

20. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Oh, I know. That's why I have the big ass tin of it. I have a couple more too, so I'm quite well stocked on Larry's Blend. I'm breaking one of Berg's cardinal rules and blabbing about it, but part of the reason for that is that I have plenty of it, and for another thing, I've never had a problem getting Larry's Blend (or any H&H blend really, for that matter). People go for name recognition, and I understand that, but if anyone here can show me a better Balkan blend than Larry's, I will eat my hat. Literally, I will film myself eating my own hat, and it's a large, wool felt hat, so it wouldn't be easy to do. Such is my confidence in the superiority of this blend. Larry's is as underrated as Anniversary Kake is overrated.

All that being said, I went ahead and opened the 8 oz. tin of Larry's. Just couldn't help myself. Smoking it in a Neerup. Russ is such a great blender, but my only criticism is I wish he wouldn't make so much of his stuff in crumble cake form. I don't like that format very much; it is difficult to fill a pipe with. Also, I wish he wouldn't spell it "kake". That's one to add to the list of pipe tobacco grievances. He comes up with such nice blends, and they're even nicer when they're in ribbon form like Larry's is.

So yeah. Larry's Blend in a Neerup. And I may have had a beer or three. Bell's Hopslam, to be precise. I had writing to do, and alcohol really catalyzes the process for me, as if you couldn't tell by this egregious, bloated mess of a "Now Smoking" post. Cheers, folks.

Morse, jason1977, Old Codger and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.