What Are You Smoking? February, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Peterson Irish Oak in the Johs bulldog :puffy:

Brit abroad and Old Codger like this.
  2. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

Has to be the German engineering!

3. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

Post a pic! I have been looking at one of his bulldogs on smokinpipes, your photo could sway my decision!

4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    this is the one, but obviously taken from the vendor and in an unsmoked state. I can take a proper photo tomorrow, but I'm about to hit the hay now.

edit: I'll say I do like it....it's a long pipe, and with an unusual but, in my opinion, unique sense of proportion. It smokes well, but the reasonable prices are due to the rapidity with which the pipes are made....I suspect the drilling may be hit and miss, but that assumption may be unfounded. Mine is a good smoker though a few drops of moisture tend to catch in the shank. Still, it doesn't gurgle and I like smoking it once in a while when at home. I will also mention that due to the long size and great thick walls, it isn't very balanced and is TERRIBLE for clenching. It would definitely be bad for one's teeth to regularly clench a pipe like this...it's pretty heavy, but almost all the weight is at the end of the pipe, which is somewhere in the neighborhood of six and a half inches long, if I'm correct. Still, good for sitting and having a smoke at home

5. PipeLotus

PipeLotus Member

Some 1Q in my Country Gentleman while reading tobacco reviews. Yup, its a pretty busy Friday night. :rolleyes:

Artistik likes this.
  6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Uhle's 00 (thanks Flatbush Paul) in a medium bend straight grain 2000 Winslow C silver spigot.

BC56CH and Old Codger like this.
  7. phinz

phinz Active Member

Altadis Frosty Mint in a brand new MM Legend. Loving this. Reminds me of my cigarette smoking days, when my girlfriend smoked Yves St. Laurent Menthols. I keep wanting to inhale it. Nice change of pace.

8. JimInks

Boswell's Apple Strudel (thanks Stormy) in a smooth straight late 1970s Tinderbox Selected Grecian Briar Dublin. Coffee's all drank, kittens are sleepy, and I may join them

9. JimInks

Final smoke of the evening/morning is Mohawk River in a 1979 rusticated medium bend Italian Sir Jeffrey Dublin.

10. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Solani Golden Blend 779 English Luxury.

11. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Late night running up and down the highway

did not get to enjoy what i had previously started

time to resume my day off

finishing a warm beer and enjoying some oriental in my rock cob

while listening to a Fistful of Metal by Anthrax

dBear, Old Codger and ruffinogold like this.
  12. muddler

muddler Active Member

Early afternoon here in South Africa & a beautiful clear day. Had some rain earlier though. Enjoying a bowl of Old Gowrie in a Pietenpauw Bing I got from him last year. The pipe is pretty much dedicated to Rattrays Va's.

[​IMG]

13. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

Still snowing, but everything seems to be manageable.

Coffee, going well with a Dan Pipe full of Mick McQuiad plug, supplied by friend Morse.

[​IMG]

Brit abroad, TedVig, dBear and 7 others like this.
  14. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

LBF in my DGE modified cob and some Community coffee. This LBF is amazing!

Old Codger and ruffinogold like this.
  15. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Borkum Riff Bourbon in a Wessex billiard and Luzianne coffee with chicory while I contemplate what to fix for breakfast...

Old Codger, TedVig and Artistik like this.
  16. fordy

fordy Member

Morning all,
    St Bruno Flake / Falcon / Plymouth rustic whilst shopping in town - perishing cold wind, but no snow!
    Now a big bowl of Coniston Cut plug in a Falcon / Hyperbole smooth & coffee.

BC56CH, Wicker Man and SouthBound like this.
  17. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Morning, fellows.
    Kendal Kentucky cradling Louisiana Flake in a maximized Ser Jacopa. Hope you boys in New England are tucked in safe and warm.

18. JBWright

JBWright Member

Just finished a quarter bowl of Wessex Dark Flake from 2001 (thanks Mike) in a pipe from Maddis (get a pipe from this guy!) that I'm breaking in. Now onto some Dark Twist.

dBear, D-Pap, JimInks and 1 other person like this.
  19. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

This morning's smoke will be Half & Half (old formula) in a Dr. G. Trapwell, with Community Coffee on the side. Will be running errands later so I will pack a Falcon with #5100 for the short trips around town.

Last night, Miss Daisy and I went out for a couple of brewskies (Modelo Negro on tap) at a local Mexican restaurant. The weather warmed up so we sat out on the patio with our drinks. I was smoking some DGTed 1Q and a member of the band came over and asked what I was smoking. He said it was making him hungry. Turns out he was a former pipe and cigar smoker that quit smoking when he had pneumonia. He said he had several "nice" pipes. When I left I gave him my name and cell phone number and told him if he wanted to find a new home for some of his pipes, that I would certainly be interested in adopting them. We will see how this turns out.

BC56CH, jhguthlac, dBear and 9 others like this.
  20. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Good morning PSF!
    Before I go to work, a mellow bowl of MB Navy Flake in MM Washington.
    Have a nice day everyone!
    :bing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.