What Are You Smoking? February, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Virginia Squire in a 1970s straight billiard sandblast Charatan 420. And hot coffee as I work. And Rathbone and Bruce as Holmes and Watson on a 1945 Sherlock Holmes radio show, to be followed by a 1960 Jean Shepard radio broadcast.

2. JimInks

Louisiana Red in a 1999 medium bend black sandblast Savinelli Tris 677KS with a cumberland stem. And ice water. And trying to figure out what the next smoke will be.

3. Greengrass

Greengrass Member

Golden sliced in a W.O. Larsen while watching Tommy Cooper. Just like that

[​IMG]

4. JimInks

In looking at the burley samples, which are getting low, I decided to smoke Boswell's Premium Burley (thanks Stormy) in a smooth medium bend 1970s Savinelli Autograph 5 with a lucite stem and ferrule.

Morse, dBear, Old Codger and 7 others like this.
  5. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Hello, friends. Having myself a late night bowl of Wilke #524 in a '76 Dunhill Root Briar bent billiard.

Listening to some Doc Watson, specifically the Legacy concert with David Holt. That show was played in Asheville, where I used to live. I was fortunate enough to see and meet Doc quite a few times, and what a treasure he was. Not just "good for a blind man", but flat out revolutionary with that picking technique of his, and such a kind man. Can't believe it's been nearly a year since he died, doesn't seem like that long at all.

6. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Reiner Rot Blend 51

Old Codger, FlatbushPaul and jpberg like this.
  7. JimInks

Finally decided what to smoke in my straight 2012 Rekamepip made Sugar Barrel pipe now that I've smoked all the SB. Thanks to some of you posting, I decided to try for the first time, for my final smoke of the evening/morning: MacBaren Symphony. Tastes good!

8. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Good morning PSFers.
    SWR, cob, coffee. I plan to crack a can of Virginia Woods next and try that for the first time in one of my Dr. G Westies. Plenty of coffee around.

9. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

I can't think of any Gunpowder tea that is black. Twinings bothers me somewhat as not all of the leaves are in the little balls which are what make it "gunpowder." I use sugare, but do not use milk in my green teas. Black teas, almost always, except Earl Grey.

10. JimInks

Woke up to feed Suzy and Molly and decided to light up a bowl of Old Companion in a straight black sandblast undated Savinelli Hercules 115EX pot.

Morse, dBear, Stormy and 5 others like this.
  11. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Dogter Teddi has been let out. Wife has her coffee. Did my reading with Irish Breakfast tea and Walnut in a cob. Now on the pc with Deluxe Navy Rolls. Second day in a row smoking this. Another pipe or two left in the tin.

12. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Sunny afternoon, I'm sitting outside the house with a big pot of coffee and a Peterson Sherlock Holmes Deerstalker, loaded with Motzek NoName (mellow Cav/VA/Lat). Happy sunday to all!
    [​IMG]

Brit abroad, dBear, jpberg and 6 others like this.
  13. buistd

buistd Sales Account

It certainly is. Doing a DGT on last night's bowl.

14. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

PA in a Comoy Canadian. Coffee slowly helping my eyes open. Now that I am firmly in midde age, I find I can still stay up late, I just wake up at the same GD time.

highstump, Morse, Artistik and 4 others like this.
  15. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Smoking Night Train in a cheap-as-chips Blakemar and this is just one of those smokes that isn't working for some reason. Maybe the pipe's rebelling against having perique in it for the first time.

SidStavros and FlatbushPaul like this.
  16. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Happy year of the Snake, everyone! :ohyh:

Today will be vintage and rare
    smokes for me. All in Falcons,
    of course. Starting out with
    ERR

Morse, JimInks, Old Codger and 4 others like this.
  17. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Good morning everyone, starting the day with a BBC smoke (burley, briar, coffee) SWR in a Wessex billiard with the morning Maxwell House.:)

Artistik, JimInks, dBear and 3 others like this.
  18. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Mornin' folks.

Cold, crisp Sunday mornings call for Uhle's #00 mixed with Marker's Blend in a MM Corndog.

19. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Good morning everybody! Big day of studying lined up for me. Got up, went to the gym, had breakfast (yogurt, peanut butter sandwich, no jelly) and now I'm having a big mug of tea and a bowl of IRISH OAK in the Signature before I hit the shower and then the library. Had a fun time going out last night to see a competition some friends were involved with, but I gotta make up for it in studying this afternoon.

Also I just discovered a machine in the gym which targets the abdominal muscles. This is the kind of thing I need desperately. But it's not fun at first haha

20. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Good Morning PSF,
    The Bride has been sick all weekend so I haven't had much chance to smoke in between chores. She is feeling better today so I am having some FVF from '99 in a Dunhill Tanshell Bulldog with my Kona black coffee. Nice!
    Sidney has been coming along and is now drinking on his own, but I am still feeding him through the feeding tube. He has made some small progress but it is only small. His will to get better is amazing. He has the will of a lion! I have gained so much respect for the little guy. He wasn't given much of a chance to survive and here he is 9 days later still making progress. I don't know if he will ever fully make it back but he sure is trying. If only he will try to eat on his own, then the feeding tube can be removed. (fingers crossed)

Paul

Morse, dwaugh, JimInks and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.