What Are You Smoking? February, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert

Albert Active Member

Dorchester in a Spillcob with coffee. Good way to start the week.

2. Dogman

Dogman Member

C&D Good Morning in a Dr. Grabow, with Kona Coffee, watching the pack decide if they want to go out in the rain after breakfast.

3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

4. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

Bayou Morning in a Custom-Bilt, Tetley's on the side.

Old Codger, Lithua pipe and jpberg like this.
  5. derrickyoung

derrickyoung Member

that is a nice looking cob, is it in your etsy shop?

user3221 likes this.
  6. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

For some reason I've had quite a few people ask, but I've only let my wife and two of my friends use my pipe. I've had two rather homeless looking guys ask me a month ago.

Morse likes this.
  7. Labman

Labman Member

Well, I decided to try out my new General Spillcob that I won in AussieTX's giveaway! I filled that bad boy full of an aromatic blend called "Fruits and Nuts" from Coffman's Tobacco Shop that I got as a sample (from GABriarman on YouTube). I enjoyed both very much!!

General Spillcob is a big fellow and has a wide open draw, which I like...he smoked like a chimney! The "Fruits and Nuts" smelled delicious upon opening the ziplock bag...so much so, that I had to force myself not to shovel it in my mouth and eat it. The roomnote of the smoke was also very nice and smelled like caramel to me. Anyways, it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience on both fronts! :)

Old Codger, dBear, psquared and 5 others like this.
  8. phinz

phinz Active Member

Beck's Ol' Limey Bastard in a Falcon.

[​IMG]

9. mojo66

mojo66 Member

PS LNF in a Peterson Donegal bulldog. :)

10. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Chauffeur duties for Mrs Wicker into town shopping via the next village post office to post red cross parcel (marmite, English chocolate,etc.) to daughter Wicker who's lived in Italy 25 years, I wander about outside while Mrs W. waits in the queue of blue rinse shuffling Valium Zombies, I try another Newsagents “Hi do you sell pipe tobacco ?” – “Yes but we only keep two in stock” I think Clan and maybe some chopped rubber chips for the other. He pulls drawer out from behind counter and there’s about ten pouches of Borkum Riff and the same of Kendal Balkan mixture – Latakia Blend by Gawith Hoggarth. I buy a pouch of the Balkan thank him and load my Craftsman outside the shop and puff my way back to the motor arriving :cpill: chilled out and mellow, Mrs W lands back in combat (think Rambo) Grandma mode:mad: after the post office queue Zombies and doesn’t appreciate my hysterical laughter as she tells of her ordeal. I waited outside the supermarket and had another bowl, Mrs W came out and had bought me a box of Henry Westons 8% Cider in bottles so I must still be in the good books. The Newsagents is in walking distance from home so I shall certainly be getting some more exercise.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    cheers all Wicker Man

11. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Classic Burley Kake in a banded Mm Patriot with a long Forever Stem.
    Laundry time. Coyote is bored and wants to visit the taqueria next door.

12. neoclassical

neoclassical Member

Working from home today so 3 Oakes Syrian in its dedicated Peterson Aran 80's.

13. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Revor Plug in a GW Sims straight bulldog. Revor is truly deserving of the praise it gets. A note to all my US trading partners: No more Revor for you. I'm keeping it all for me.

14. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

Nothing new , CH in a DGE CG COB

Old Codger, p120d16y, BC56CH and 7 others like this.
  15. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Off to work I go... with a bowl of Borkum Riff Whiskey and a thermos of coffee, see you guys later this evening...:)

16. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

As stated this morning, no pipe at work today. It has remained windy but no rain so far. Dreaming of home and a bowl of Virginia Woods before "supper", "dinner" or "tea?" (pick the one you like).

17. JRobert

JRobert Hermit Forum Guide

SG Navy Flake in a billiard.

18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Late start to the day begins with Angler's Dream in a smooth 1998 Parker 489 three quarter bend Billiard.

19. Atom

Atom Member

After reading 12+ pages of 'what are you smoking', I've decided I need to pay attention to this thread more often.
    Its time for LBF.
    Happy smoking PSF! :puffy:

20. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I'm just about to smoke my first ever bowl of McClelland's Black Parrot!:th1:
    Slow Tri advised me to keep the tin closed, it would be better with a bit of age on it. Ok, I did - I managed to not open it for a long week...:banana:
    I just have to try it now. If I like it I'll get more of it to cellar. :thu2:
    Ok, let's go - Black Parrot in a pre-republic Peterson Premier. :bing:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.