What Are You Smoking? February, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highstump

highstump Active Member

Just remember the bourbon excuse won't hold water if you get audited. (How I know this is not important.) I finished my taxes up last week. I owe the state $28.00 but the feds are going to help me pay off my truck a bit early.

2008 Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky in a Weber. Cheap Safeway coffee chaser. :ccup:

2. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

Skiff (again).. this time in a Spillpanel.

FlatbushPaul, Stormy and jpberg like this.
  3. krusty

krusty Active Member

But it will remain my story and I will stick to it (-;

highstump likes this.
  4. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Funny, I'm about to finally start on the taxes as well. 2011 Christmas Cheer seems just right as it's snowing and very cold. In an MM straight Legend.

jpberg likes this.
  5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Back in action with the current Three Nuns tinned version in a 2001 smooth full bend St. Patrick's Day Peterson 03. Still some light snow, but it's not sticking to the ground, which is fine with me.

Morse, FlatbushPaul, dBear and 2 others like this.
  6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I need to get outside and get work done too ...but I cant get off this freakin forum ... I really want some Skiff .. If .. I ..could .. just .. log ........... off

7. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Bob's Square cut in a Radice. Still dadgum cold.

FlatbushPaul and jpberg like this.
  8. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Gonna smoke a few bowls of Old Dark Fired this weekend and try to wrap my palette around this stuff. Likely pipe contenders: BST Bent-rhodesian, Ferndown Canadian, Randy Wiley Galleon, DK Hattfield cutty, DK BrandyCano

9. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Old Codger said:
    Drove back from the city this morning with the BST Christmas pipe burning Peter Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme. Nutty Cut in a Peterson Canadian accompanied by black coffee making for a good start to the day. Need to go and clean the car windows, driving towards a rising sun made the point less than subtly that it's about time. +2C(36F)H67%
    The responsibilities of being The Mayor can't be taken lightly. At least your weather should be more conducive to outside work. Ever tried cleaning nearly frozen windows?

Peterson Special Reserve 2011 in a Peterson Canadian isn't helping getting my butt moving. Warming up a bit but I can procrastinate at least another degree or so. +6C(43F)H48%

10. krusty

krusty Active Member

Funny? Funny you say?
    There is nothing funny about the endeavor. Nothing I say!
    Serious business this is and I pray you show the appropriate deference to the subject.
    Furthermore, .... unh further.... ah screw it I'm goin' for the bourbon now!

11. cmkiefer

cmkiefer Member

My kitchen sink mixture in a bent Legend. This stuff turned out pretty good!

12. highstump

highstump Active Member

Betcha Berg can help with that. (JP, tread lightly here. Mind the buttons. It just would not look good at all if the mayor was banned.) :eek:

13. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

"Disappeared" can be a verb.

14. ruffinogold

I'm eating lunch now , so I still haven't made it outside .. it's 1 pm for Petes sake !

I've been close to getting the boot once and almost left once . If I ever do leave [ which I cant imagine ] .. it will be because I'm dead ...... or , Woody turns off the switch :eek:

I've been sneaking out for a couple of minutes all morning and hitting some Altadis Chocolate Truffle and parts of a Winston cigarette . I'm at the point where I'm jonesing for some Skiff

Morse, FlatbushPaul and Old Codger like this.
  15. ruffinogold

Black Op too :beck: .... hell , I got my Black Knight Avatar goin on !

FlatbushPaul and jpberg like this.
  16. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Half a bowl of Former Bird's Eye Flake in a 1975 medium bend yellow Pioneer meer. That's the last of this sample. Pretty good stuff! Thanks to TedVig for the sample.

17. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Dan's sweet vanilla honeydew in a MM.

18. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Back on teh intrawebz again after the move. Surrounded by a maze of cardboard boxes, but I have a few pipes and blends that I know the location of! I am ducking (good-natured) accusations of bringing the cold front down with me, even though the first four days down here were absolutely beautiful - sunny and in the 70s (F). I am typoing on hubby's computer until we get enough boxes unpacked to make room to set mine up.

ruffinogold, Morse, PipeSimmo and 6 others like this.
  19. Morse

Morse Active Member

That is a gorgeous pipe!

p120d16y and dBear like this.
  20. Morse

Morse Active Member

Afternoon PSF. First bowl in a Rad Davis bent apple that I got for Xmas - using MacB Mixture Flake and doing the whole half bowl routine. Figured I'd try following the rules just this one time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.