What Are You Smoking? January, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Walking to the train station (3 miles) from work yesterday, packed some CH AND Cherry Blend in my MM hardwood. tasted okay, so maybe I'm that THAT sick. I didn't care much for the hardwood when I first bought it, but it's growing on me.

Artistik likes this.
  2. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

PA in a tilshead prince with coffee.

Stormy, Mington, Spillproof and 4 others like this.
  3. phinz

phinz Active Member

Peterson Summertime 2012 in a Falcon. This is a pretty tasty aro, and the room note makes me want to get back to the islands.

[​IMG]

Morse, Stormy, SidStavros and 5 others like this.
  4. fordy

fordy Member

Afternoon...
    PS LTF in a Falcon / Plymouth rustic.
    Very nice - my fav aromatic.

5. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Well-Known Member

First time smoking Black XX in an Altinok meer. I think this will be a 90 minute smoke... milder than I thought it would be.

Mington, Johnny Dingo and BC56CH like this.
  6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Suzy and Molly woke me up wanting wet food, so I cried me a Mohawk River in a 1979 rusticated medium bend Italian Sir Jeffrey Dublin.

Morse, Stormy, Lithua pipe and 2 others like this.
  7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Did the SWR/Cob/Coffe this AM . Going to the barn again for half the day with some Wessex Dark Flake in my London Made Prince ! Its cold here , in the 20's , thankfully the room I'll be working in has a woodstove

Rewster66, Morse, BC56CH and 2 others like this.
  8. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

H&H Classic Burley Kake with a pinch of McClelland 5100 and an even smaller pinch of perique.
    In a Rewstercob.

Rewster66, Morse, Stormy and 2 others like this.
  9. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Let's see here ... started off the usual way: C&D Red Odessa in the estate JM sig. Then I had a MM Legend full of Angler's Dream. Finishing up H&H Victorian Stroll in the rekamepip fruitwood-carved "cob" with rose swirl Forever Stem after taking the doggy around the parking lot a couple times while wearing my new knee-high deer leather moccasins from PipeHubby - the big brown truck brought two of the three boxes and the mocs were in one of them. A new Bjarne (short, delicate, and elegant) churchwarden for each of us, along with new blends to try, were in the other box. That third box, that was supposed to arrive yesterday but got stuck in Virginia, contains the official last TAD order of 2012 from P&C ... pipehubby ordered the Bjarnes a few days after I made this order. :confused: Everything says my box is on that truck ... the driver said he'd swing back by after delivering approximately a hundred packages off at campus, as it ought to be easier to find when the truck is emptier.

user3221 likes this.
  10. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

I have been wondering what tea would go best with Presbyterian. Tried several, nothing worked or even came close. Noticed JRobert nearly always mentions gunpowder green tea, so thought i'd give that a try. IT REALLY WORKS! Drank it with my evening pipe last night and with my first pipe this morning (skippingEMP). Now really loving this tobacco and rediscovering this tea.

dbt13 likes this.
  11. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Trying out my "prize" from the Guess That Blend thread ... H&H Marquee Lakeland Brickle Fortissimo in a MM Pony cob. Very unusual bag note ... interesting flavor on light-up. SG-style botanical, versus the GH-style florals I have been enjoying. The main note is ... juniper. I will put some in my little tasting meer next!

user3221 likes this.
  12. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

Smoking one of those dadgum Ferndowns again... Can't get enough of them. Oh, FMOT is what's in it.

Morse, Stormy and JimInks like this.
  13. phinz

phinz Active Member

PA in a MM Patriot. Just finished tying this fob for one of my Czech tools. It should make it easier to find in my pocket.

[​IMG]

14. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Similar to mine - same knotwork but I used 550 cord acquired from the army, and I left a tassel on the end to shoo fur-monsters off with.

15. mojo66

mojo66 Member

Five Brothers in a MM Legend. :)

Mington likes this.
  16. phinz

phinz Active Member

Mine's 550 cord done in a twisted back to back bar. It starts from the far end and works toward the tool, so there are no ends to leave a tassel. They're just either cut and singed or tucked. I cut and singed these.

17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Current Three Nuns tinned version in a 2003 medium bend flame grain Viggo Nielsen sitter with a Cumberland-like stem.

Lithua pipe likes this.
  18. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

GH Scotch Flake Aromatic in the MM Dip.

Mington likes this.
  19. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Sounds like a Christmas at your house
    :banana:

Whens Dinner ( you know the meal with all the fancy fixins )

meanwhile i sit here and smoke Borkum Riff in my Rock Cob

PipeWife likes this.
  20. Young Gun

Young Gun Member

Just a small Grabow and some Captain Black Gold label.

[​IMG]

It's been raining all day at work and they offer NO covered smoking spots outside, and absolutely no smoking inside or in the garage. I ended up driving to my boss' house a few blocks away, and decided to smoke in the 5'x5' shed he's got out in the backyard. Nice and peaceful, albeit a little chilly.

ruffinogold, Lithua pipe and Artistik like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.