What are you smoking? January 2014

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by sillyoldbear, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken davis

ken davis Member

PA/Granger ina carved Omega

2. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Been smoking Royal Dutch Cavendish blend all day in my Leonessa Briosa apple. One thing I can note is the next blending I think I'll mix about 1.5 oz of Royal Yacht to 1 oz of the Dutch cavendish. It is great this way, but I want the cavendish a bit more in the background.

3. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

It's finally getting warmer outside. It's up to a (relatively) scorchin' 22 F here in NH.

Peretti's Burley Slices in the rusticated MM cob with a strong cup of Chock-Ful-O'-Nuts on the side.

4. ken davis

ken davis Member

wow that went fast....so....Petersons University Flake ina Omega

5. critter

critter Member

me and ole joe krantz are sharing a bowl while i clean up odds and ends. trying to get motivated to install the new hot tub pump motor. that or clean up the my neglected pipes. cleaning pipes sounds like way more fun than laying on the cold, wet deck wedged into the hot tub

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Waiting for my neighbor to help me with a few things, and smoking Old Dark Fired in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored lucite stem.

7. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Setting out some Stonehaven to dry for a bit...and about to fire up some Carter Hall in an MM Pride bent.

8. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Postman just handed me a tin of Edward G Robinson Pipe Blend and I'm very much enjoying a bowl of it right now in my Pete bent bulldog. Lovely tobacco! I haven't had many true aromatics with a touch of Latakia before this. Very smooth, a smoke it'd be easy to have all day.

9. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Getting stuck into another bowl of Royal Yacht on the Benfield. Yummy!

10. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

Golden Extra in that Simons billiard

I am in geezer mode - finish a bowl and load the pipe again...

11. Fr Tom

Fr Tom PSF Chaplain

It is a balmy 15 degrees here. With no wind it really did feel like a break from the cold...

12. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Getting a late start on the pipe, extra chores this morning and waiting for house guests to leave for the day. Starting off with McC a.m. Pipe in a Kaywoodie bent apple with a push stem. For now, this blend and Miss River will be part of my daily rotation with new blends tried each day. I really enjoy these two blends, so why spoil a good thing.

13. Dobacco

Dobacco Member

Good day everyone, the guys just showed up to start boring so, hopefully, I'll have water before the day is done. Think I'll watch with some Cade's Cove Cavendish in my MM Egg for a starter.

14. UncleVint

UncleVint Member

Good afternoon gents,
    Warming up here in Indiana today.
    Smoking Old Companion in an old decrepit MM Diplomat. Its a sweet old cob.

15. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Just came in from a short bowl of Amphora Full Flavor and ice water to drink. It is hot out today.

16. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good afternoon everyone. I'm smoking Mac Baron Dark Twist in a MM Pride. Coca-Cola chilled to the proper temperature with Inks Works floaty little Ice Bergs is my drink.
    Still patiently waiting to hear from the vet about my dog. Puff on!

17. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

My two oldest cobs have been smoked for 12 or so years, and wow they still smoke sweet and cool.

18. Ephraim

Ephraim Active Member

Puffing away on some more Carter Hall, this time in an MM Pony Express that keeps trying to sneak into my rotation :puffy:

"Warm" here today: 37 degrees (F). Just got a weather alert...freezing rain expected tonight and tomorrow morning :rolleyes: Now, I love snow, but ice is just too dangerous for me.

19. ken davis

ken davis Member

Yeah I wish I was half the guy my dogs think I am
    BTW 1-Q ina Lark

20. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Finishing off a bowl of classic Samsun in my savinelli dry Oscar following my rotary meeting. Sun is shining and the temps are in the 20s. Beautiful winter day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.